My CPC Sushi Cash Set (1 Viewer)

The jukusei style ages all fish to bring out the flavor. Fresh fish actually doesn’t have much flavor by itself- mostly a texture thing. The rice is the real star of high end sushi experiences and soy sauce is completely unnecessary.

Some uni pron from some local places I regularly go to.

View attachment 1081012
View attachment 1081017
View attachment 1081023

Santa Barbara Uni ftw…also, Maruhide in Long Beach will sell trays of top grade and other Sea Urchin products. I’ve picked up thing there a few times. Best of the best imo.

I don't even know what that is, and you didn't explain it. What's that panda-shaped roll made of? And don't say "real panda".
It's just sushi rice and seaweed, cute design usually for kids' lunch boxes.

It would be difficult to top uni for a higher denom design but wagyu/foie are possible.

131899789_383589119369423_8792056478604349031_n.jpg

I believe this is called gilding the lily...

(Note, not my pic, just found on the interwebs...)

It's just sushi rice and seaweed, cute design usually for kids' lunch boxes.

It would be difficult to top uni for a higher denom design but wagyu/foie are possible.

No, IMHO this should be saved for a $500. Because that's probably what it would cost.

So, the consensus for a $100 continues to elude us. Is there some stupidly expensive roe out there that might qualify?

Last edited:
No, IMHO this should be saved for a $500. Because that's probably what it would cost.

So, the consensus for a $100 continues. Is there some stupidly expensive roe out there that might qualify?
Not sure if karasumi (Japanese version of bottarga) is in that price range....

Well, I'm unfamiliar with either karasumi or bottarga, so I shall shamefully see myself out.

(if you listen carefully, you can hear sobbing on the other side of the paper screen door)
Salted/cured fish roe. Gets dense enough to grate, like Parmesan cheese. Salty/umami punch!

Bottarga is the Italian version, delicious over pasta!

Santa Barbara Uni ftw…also, Maruhide in Long Beach will sell trays of top grade and other Sea Urchin products. I’ve picked up thing there a few times. Best of the best imo.
Haven't been to Maruhide in a long time. They had a restaurant in Torrance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom