My CPC Sushi Cash Set (1 Viewer)

UniLover

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Waited for 9 months for these to be made by CPC, have been playing with them for almost three years now and love them! May need to design/get some $100s.

693435C5-810B-4CE0-B9F9-38346D262773.JPEG

Can you get good sushi in Nebraska?

Also, is it toro, uni, tamagoyaki, and ... botan ebi?

Certainly. Look up Yoshitomo, James Beard semifinalist x2 for sushi in Nebraska.

Ama-ebi but close enough!
Amaebi was actually what I wrote at first but then second guessed myself.

If I’m ever in Nebraska I will check it out for sure!

I thought sushi was best when it was fresh?
The jukusei style ages all fish to bring out the flavor. Fresh fish actually doesn’t have much flavor by itself- mostly a texture thing. The rice is the real star of high end sushi experiences and soy sauce is completely unnecessary.

Some uni pron from some local places I regularly go to.

1676435602867.jpeg

1676435669216.jpeg

1676436125337.jpeg

The jukusei style ages all fish to bring out the flavor. Fresh fish actually doesn’t have much flavor by itself- mostly a texture thing. The rice is the real star of high end sushi experiences and soy sauce is completely unnecessary.

Some uni pron from some local places I regularly go to.

View attachment 1081012
View attachment 1081017
View attachment 1081023
Is there any taste difference between the uni that are more orange/golden vs the uni that are darker in color (more grayish tint)?

Everytime I go eat sushi with the wife, uni is the main thing on my mind. If they are out, I get disappointed.

Is there any taste difference between the uni that are more orange/golden vs the uni that are darker in color (more grayish tint)?

Everytime I go eat sushi with the wife, uni is the main thing on my mind. If they are out, I get disappointed.
I’m sure the op is probably more experienced than me at this but I would say the uni at non Michelin starred places is usually not that good and texturally more melted vs the firm, sweet, fresh uni. I don’t think there’s any noticeable difference between the shades, but there is certainly a difference between Santa Barbara and Hokkaido. Sweetness and size come to mind first. The bafun uni is just supposed to have more intense flavor. Maybe similar to how 25 year old scotch is supposed to be better than 18 years.

I would say let’s plan a sushi outing this June in Vegas but I’m wary of the obscene pricing of the strip sushi joints and the otherwise tourist grade stuff elsewhere. @Okku what do you think?

I’m sure the op is probably more experienced than me at this but I would say the uni at non Michelin starred places is usually not that good and texturally more melted vs the firm, sweet, fresh uni. I don’t think there’s any noticeable difference between the shades, but there is certainly a difference between Santa Barbara and Hokkaido. Sweetness and size come to mind first. The bafun uni is just supposed to have more intense flavor. Maybe similar to how 25 year old scotch is supposed to be better than 18 years.

I would say let’s plan a sushi outing this June in Vegas but I’m wary of the obscene pricing of the strip sushi joints and the otherwise tourist grade stuff elsewhere. @Okku what do you think?
Had some friends go to Sea Salt live in Vegas and they said it was some of the best uni they had ever eaten. Recommended to my wife's friends who went a couple months later and they said it was bad. Not sure if bad shipments or friends with bad taste lol. Planning to try it on my next trip.

https://www.seasalt2.com/

Had some friends go to Sea Salt live in Vegas and they said it was some of the best uni they had ever eaten. Recommended to my wife's friends who went a couple months later and they said it was bad. Not sure if bad shipments or friends with bad taste lol. Planning to try it on my next trip.

https://www.seasalt2.com/
Uni isn’t for everyone. The texture is odd for some people. Some uni is bitter too. People usually rave about toro but for me a high quality piece of maguro has more flavor. “Leftover” toro chopped up in a toasted seaweed hand roll is often tastier imo.

I should elaborate, my wife's friends love uni too so I'm not sure if my friends just don't know what good uni tastes like or if the night my wife's friends went the shipment wasn't as good. One way to find out I susppose and that's to try it myself next time I go.

If you go anytime soon or if anyone here has gone to Sea Salt Live and had the uni, please let me know your thoughts.

Sounds like a good idea! Personally haven't had much sushi before, but only a few times. Have no idea about the best sushi joints, but have friends that probably do.

This summer sounds like it's going to be packed with fun!

nice chips but hold up - nevermind, reading comprehension.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom