CPC Cash Set (3 Viewers)

Huskerchipper

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
CPC cash is set coming along. Inlay is still extremely rough. I believe I'll be reaching out for help from one of our professionals. I'm pretty locked in on colors. Grey .25 Retro Blue $1.00 Retro Red $5.00 and Canary $20.00 I can't believe how the Scroll mold has grown on me. Have had a shuffle stack for a couple weeks now. I am going to ask Mr. Spragg when the next deadline is. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109_224945_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_224945_Samsung Internet.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_20231109_225043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_225043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_20231109_225153_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_225153_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_20231109_225354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_225354_Samsung Internet.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 288
Shorten the text to 'Lone Goose Poker', since club is implied. Make the text one continuous string rather than separated, start it at the goose's tail wrapping around to the beak. That frees up the area to the upper left of the goose (which already has more empty space) for a larger chip value that is easily seen.
/ sorry, complete newb on design.
// is just what leaped out to me.

You had me until the spot colors on the 20. I know they’re different from the colors on $1 but it still feels like you’re moving back in that general direction.

I would go a completely different route, maybe throw in one of the greens and/or dg peacock. Looks great on canary.

Love where you’re headed with the inlay. Professional help should get it to the finish line no problem.

Agreed with others that the $20 colors need work

One general spot thought, I think there’s something very heavy about the v12 spots that clashes with the delicate line drawing on the inlay and in some ways also the scroll mold in general. Give that some thought

Agree that I would love to see a hotstamp version of this set. Single line grawing plus scroll mold is a win.

The denom should be way larger for legibility, it could fit in the top left if you shift the goose toward the bottom right.

If you decide to keep the top text instead of merging as @drdr recommended, I would move it away from the edge a little, matching your bottom text.

I like all of your base colors except canary. I’ve ordered 3x cpc sets and 2 of them included a canary base color, and it’s my least favorite of both sets. Do you have samples? If you’ve compared it and like it better than the other “yellow” options then ignore me. However, the computer graphic of canary is more vibrant than the actual color in hand in my opinion.

Three tips.

1. Click on the background button on the left. Try the gray.

2. You can save all the chips in a single set, then create a single PNG image containing all of them- it’s a much better way to view them as a set.

3. You can save the PNG image directly so the image appears cleanly in the post- much better for us to view your chips and provide feedback.

Hit me up if you need help with any of those three.

Shorten the text to 'Lone Goose Poker', since club is implied. Make the text one continuous string rather than separated, start it at the goose's tail wrapping around to the beak. That frees up the area to the upper left of the goose (which already has more empty space) for a larger chip value that is easily seen.
/ sorry, complete newb on design.
// is just what leaped out to me.
I completely agree and have had a similar vision. It was simply my first time playing with Canva to try to make something resembling an inlay...lol!

Love where you’re headed with the inlay. Professional help should get it to the finish line no problem.

Agreed with others that the $20 colors need work

One general spot thought, I think there’s something very heavy about the v12 spots that clashes with the delicate line drawing on the inlay and in some ways also the scroll mold in general. Give that some thought
Thanks for the feedback. I understand what your saying and I would have never thought about that. I'll kick that around but wanted some edge spots different than my other CPC chips that incorporate 14 or 18 edge spots.

CPC cash is set coming along. Inlay is still extremely rough. I believe I'll be reaching out for help from one of our professionals. I'm pretty locked in on colors. Grey .25 Retro Blue $1.00 Retro Red $5.00 and Canary $20.00 I can't believe how the Scroll mold has grown on me. Have had a shuffle stack for a couple weeks now. I am going to ask Mr. Spragg when the next deadline is. Any input is appreciated.

I like your inlay design but your denom is very small. I think the overall chip utility would benefit from offsetting the bird a bit left and adding 4-8 points to your font size for the denom only.

Also, the canary chip seems a bit busy for my tastes. However, I tend to prefer more simple/traditional spots so if that one works for you, go for it.

I like your inlay design but your denom is very small. I think the overall chip utility would benefit from offsetting the bird a bit left and adding 4-8 points to your font size for the denom only.

Also, the canary chip seems a bit busy for my tastes. However, I tend to prefer more simple/traditional spots so if that one works for you, go for it.
I agree on the denomination. I was just trying to play with Canva and the inlay isn't even nearly complete. Thank you for your input.

Screenshot_20231111_153356_Samsung Internet.jpg

I do have color samples...thoughts on Dayglo Saturn??? That was my initial pick then I changed to Canary.

View attachment 1223364
I do have color samples...thoughts on Dayglo Saturn??? That was my initial pick then I changed to Canary.
Generally that color is a hard pass for me. But I’ve seen a couple of examples where people actually managed to pull off a saturn base. Course, I’ve never seen any of those ones in real life but looked good on photos at least.

I'm not a fan of any of the CPC yellows. Is it sacrilege to go with arc yellow?
Hmmmmm...Thats a second vote for Arc Yellow. I have it right here in front of me and to my eyes it's a light orange that just isn't doing it for me. I still think I like the Canary. Doesn't mean I don't value your opinions....much appreciated. I might be missing something. The Canary is the one without the HotStamp showing.

Attachments

• 20231111_172739.jpg
    20231111_172739.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hmmmmm...Thats a second vote for Arc Yellow. I have it right here in front of me and to my eyes it's a light orange that just isn't doing it for me. I still think I like the Canary. Doesn't mean I don't value your opinions....much appreciated. I might be missing something
I think it's just personal preference. IMO, CPC has no true yellows, arc is the best orange-yellow, and canary is too light and unsaturated to be a base color.

But you have the samples, so you know best about what you like!

I think it's just personal preference. IMO, CPC has no true yellows, arc is the best orange-yellow, and canary is too light and unsaturated to be a base color.

But you have the samples, so you know best about what you like!
I have been doing a ton of reading the last month. The dissatisfaction with CPC's Yellows are a common topic. Thank you for your input. Obviously there are others that feel the same as you do. I am undecided at the moment.

I have been doing a ton of reading the last month. The dissatisfaction with CPC's Yellows are a common topic. Thank you for your input. Obviously there are others that feel the same as you do. I am undecided at the moment.
They aren’t TRK-leaded-yellow brilliant, but CPC yellows (canary, yellow, butterscotch) have a warm look and can be wonderful if you use them correctly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom