CPC Cash Set (1 Viewer)

1700022023616.png

Normally I like shaped inlays, but with the amount you're trying to fit, it would force everything to be even smaller, don't think it makes sense here.
I'm not sure yet either. We will see once the inlay is further along. Again the inlay was a VERY rough draft. I want to try moving the goose up and the words under.

DG is light and pale. Canary is darker.

DG Yellow on the left, Canary on the right. (Paulson in the center, but not sure which yellow)

View attachment 1227798View attachment 1227799
Fantastic example of the CPC Yellows!! I have decided to go away from yellow all together. This is where i am right now with the set. Probably wont do the .50¢ lavendar but have it in there as a possible addition down the road.
1700520671204.png

My main advice is take your time. Many great sets take months, even years to complete and tweak.. I spent about two years on my Fat Tire build, and I went through so many changes and iterations, I can't imagine what I'd have gotten had I rushed...

Also, don't be swayed from yellows, if that's your wish. I think CPC yellows can't compare to Paulson, but it shouldn't be a comparison. CPC yellows can look vibrant, but it depends greatly on the contrasting spot colors you use. Here are my canary chips in both my FT sets.

FT Cash Profile 2.jpeg
FT Tourney 1k.jpeg
FY Tourney Profile.jpeg

Last edited:
My main advice is take your time. Many great sets take months, even years to complete and tweak.. I spent about two years on my Fat Tire build, and I went through so many changes and iterations, I can't imagine what I'd have gotten had I rushed...

Also, don't be swayed from yellows, if that's your wish. I think CPC yellows can't compare to Paulson, but it shouldn't be a comparison. CPC yellows can look vibrant, but it depends greatly on the contrasting spot colors you use. Here are my canary chips in both my FT sets.

View attachment 1227998View attachment 1227999View attachment 1228000
Absolutely and thats excellent advice. Hell i just finished my order with CPC that i started designing over 15 years ago with ASM. Anyways, there is no rush in this one either as Scroll Mold is in production right now so we are about a year out. I do want to make that deadline though for next years run. Im pretty much at peace with my current color/spot selection. I know exactly what u mean by changing i have made probably 6 changes in the last 48hrs...lol. The yellow wasn't a huge deal either. I plan on that chip being the $20 so it seemed like an obvious choice to try a Yellow. I have no problem marking the Green chip a $20. Thank you for the excellent Canary examples in your sets. I do have a Canary $20 planned on my next tournament set for certain. Im going to start focusing on the inlay here soon.

Last edited:
CPC cash is set coming along. Inlay is still extremely rough. I believe I'll be reaching out for help from one of our professionals. I'm pretty locked in on colors. Grey .25 Retro Blue $1.00 Retro Red $5.00 and Canary $20.00 I can't believe how the Scroll mold has grown on me. Have had a shuffle stack for a couple weeks now. I am going to ask Mr. Spragg when the next deadline is. Any input is appreciated.
Oooh I really like that inlay design!

You had me until the spot colors on the 20. I know they’re different from the colors on $1 but it still feels like you’re moving back in that general direction.

I would go a completely different route, maybe throw in one of the greens and/or dg peacock. Looks great on canary.

DG is light and pale. Canary is darker.

DG Yellow on the left, Canary on the right. (Paulson in the center, but not sure which yellow)

View attachment 1227798View attachment 1227799

If I could add ONE color to CPC's repertoire it would be the exact yellow in the center.

CPC's dg yellow has just the slightest hint of green in its tinge; while, their canary is dingy on the rolling edge given the brass flakes. IMHO they have no good yellow unless one is ok with dg arc yellow in their set (which is yellow-orange, but a stellar color).

Damn....hard to go with a CPC yellow with that Paulson comparison in between them!
I think the lighting is at play there, it’s a bit brighter to me; still, more fall than spring. It’s definitely not as bright as Paulson or the historic TRK yellow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom