michigan home game? (1 Viewer)

bonesnjnts

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
just roaming through the site, noticed talk here and there of home games…in michigan.

we have a small home game here in ann arbor, but it’s a little irregular and have not been able to find another game

anyone have room for 60 year old who is excellent company?

Sir,

There are several of us that host. We have regular games in S. Lyon, Livonia, Birmingham, and Ypsi (me). We just played last night in Livonia. Nice 10 player cash game.

As I said, I live in Ypsilanti, and work in AA. You live/work in AA? I wouldn't mind either playing in your game, or meeting you and getting you involved in our games. I play in a poker league once a month. Then we usually have one to two cash games per month at one of the cities mentioned above. The cash games are .25/.50 blinds and we normally play the HOPE format (NLHE, PLO, Crazy Pineapple, and PLO8) with buy ins capped at anywhere from 60-100 (pending on who is hosting).

As with standard cash games unlimited reloading/rebuying.

What kind of games do you host? play in?

Welcome to PCF, bonesnjnts. Those Michigan chippers will treat you right; good people.

Surprised nobody has yet asked you the most important new-guy question......

WHAT KIND OF CHIPS DO YOU HAVE?

No matter really what they are, either. Stick around here long enough, and your pile o'chips will magically grow. while your wallet shrinks....

Sir,

There are several of us that host. We have regular games in S. Lyon, Livonia, Birmingham, and Ypsi (me). We just played last night in Livonia. Nice 10 player cash game.

As I said, I live in Ypsilanti, and work in AA. You live/work in AA? I wouldn't mind either playing in your game, or meeting you and getting you involved in our games. I play in a poker league once a month. Then we usually have one to two cash games per month at one of the cities mentioned above. The cash games are .25/.50 blinds and we normally play the HOPE format (NLHE, PLO, Crazy Pineapple, and PLO8) with buy ins capped at anywhere from 60-100 (pending on who is hosting).

As with standard cash games unlimited reloading/rebuying.

What kind of games do you host? play in?

Hi Bill,

We have a group of about 12-14 that play cash every couple of weeks. It's a .25/.50 game with a buyin of only 40--guys have been resistant to bumping it up. Just recently we've been playing the last hour dealers choice but it's not getting much traction.
We also have a yearly tournament--once a month for 8 months, drop your worst 2, $100 entry.
The game is pretty good, everyone pretty serious even tho stakes are way below everyones means.

Our cash game usually maxes out at 9 or 10 pretty quickly but I'm going to bring you up ( and anyone else ) this Thursday when our first tourney starts. all our games are in ann arbor, pretty close to campus. good group of guys.
And me--I'll go off to a charity room if I get a chance to play a tournament.
I'm totally interested in your offer. So nice of you. Let me know.

Steven

Steven,

Normally I couldn't play during the week. I work M-F. However I'm on vacation this week. I could play, however its NFL kickoff Thursday and I'm meeting a poker player/friend at the Red Rock in Ypsi to drink, watch football, uber it home.

Honestly, I play in one tourney a month. That is enough for me. I'm more of a cash game player. I like Hold'em, but prefer PLO and PLO8.

Where at in AA? Near campus is damn near most of Ann Arbor. I work in the Eisenhower/State street area. My main office is at S. Industrial. I have a couple of work stations scattered through out the U of M health clinics in that vicinity.

B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom