Home Game: Tournament Director (1 Viewer)

PokerJoe747

Sitting Out
Reaction score
We have a home game been going for about a year. It’s grown to the point where the leadership team believes a Tournament Directorn is needed for managing rebuys/add ons chip color-ups and rulings.

Does anyone use TDs for home games? Thoughts??

We have a home game been going for about a year. It’s grown to the point where the leadership team believes a Tournament Directorn is needed for managing rebuys/add ons chip color-ups and rulings.

Does anyone use TDs for home games? Thoughts??
I think everyone does ...... Most of the time it is the host

I think that the vast majority on this site uses some form of software to manage their blinds and levels if they host tournaments. Our league used to use Blinds Are Up! Which is a great app if you have an Android device. Currently we have switched over to Tournament Director which is PC based software. TD definitely has a steeper learning curve but once you figure it out, you can make it do just about anything. I do not have any experience with any blind managing apps for Apple devices.

TD is great. I do tournaments so rarely I have been able to use the trial period every time. Would definitely cough up the $40 (or whatever it is) if I ran them regularly.

Hey Joe

Hosting is a labour of love. how do you make that labour as easy as you can?

Get a set of rules. there's plenty of them about - they really help when you need a ruling or argument. I can send you mine if interested. Just rebrand them.

Be really careful with chips. Chips ARE cash. im the tourney director and i handle all cash and chips. So if there are any mess ups they are mine. The important bit is if there's problems with any missing cash I stuffed up I fix up.

Geoff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom