Mediocre Poker Winnings Thread (2 Viewers)

I don't know if this qualifies for this thread, but it's a lesson I'll never forget. I was playing 1/2nl and wasn't getting any cards. I can't count the number of times I looked down at 24off or 63off. For almost 4 hours I just sat there and folded. I literally did not put a single dollar in the pot other than my blinds during that whole time. I was down $33 when some cards started coming. In the next hour and a half, I ran my stack up to a $350 profit before cashing out. It's probably the win I'm most proud of that I've ever had.

In for $20 last night....had to chase that with another $20. Managed to dig my way out and cashed for $97.

Great fun! Greater company...with the likes of @Lemonzest @LotsOfChips . Great to share felt with these guys!

Certainly had some sweet ass chips to play with...sexiest cash $5s ever...
IMG_20191026_221620.jpg

In for $20 last night....had to chase that with another $20. Managed to dig my way out and cashed for $97.

Great fun! Greater company...with the likes of @Lemonzest @LotsOfChips . Great to share felt with these guys!

Certainly had some sweet ass chips to play with...sexiest cash $5s ever...View attachment 358598

$20 buy-ins with chips that cost $6 to $8@. What a bunch of Scrub Donkeys!

Alright, all jokes aside, we don't need to get off track here. No need to start the insult train please. There may be place for it in another thread or topic, not sure. I'm still a proud Canadian.

I was responding to this OP, maybe give it a read...
This thread is for scrub donkeys that want to proudly share their mediocre poker winnings. Manage to claw back two buy-ins in your .25/.50 circus game and book a $20 win? Post that here. Play 5 / 10 at the Bellagio and win $100, sure that qualifies. All that matters is it has to be mediocre by your own defintion and you're still proud about it. Win $100 at a .05/.10 game? Well, that's pretty good but you can still post it here.

This thread is not for losses though. Mediocre winnings are still winnings. Be proud scrub donkeys.

My last cash game I was hoping for a $20 win and 5 points on the ladder with a $40 buy-in but in the last 30 minutes donked most of it off for a $17 loss and only 2 points. Boo.

My last cash game I was hoping for a $20 win and 5 points on the ladder with a $40 buy-in but in the last 30 minutes donked most of it off for a $17 loss and only 2 points. Boo.
Is this a points league system? Not sure I follow the points part of this... we play in a tournament league and playing for points but never herd of a cash leauge... more importantly did you have an awesome time with friends? How long was the game? Playing an entire session with $40 and still walking away with money sounds like a win in my books... but I suck playing poker! Lmao

Is this a points league system? Not sure I follow the points part of this... we play in a tournament league and playing for points but never herd of a cash leauge... more importantly did you have an awesome time with friends? How long was the game? Playing an entire session with $40 and still walking away with money sounds like a win in my books... but I suck playing poker! Lmao

Yeah, I suppose it's a cash league game. I'm just there for the fun, but it doesn't hurt to try for mediocre winnings, right? The game was about 3 hours, maybe 3.5. I started out strong in the first two games but have dwindled since. 6-8 handed.

Yesterday afternoon, we played short-handed .25/.50 Big O on Windy Crest for about 30 minutes. I ran bad, and lost $90. Jumped back on in the evening, and lost another $100. At the same time, I was playing .10/.20 Big O, and was down about $5 for a while.

But then...

I won some nice pots. Finished -$34.40 at .25/.50, but +$35.95 at .10/.20.

That’s going in the books as +$1.55, but it feels more like +$400!

Yesterday afternoon, we played short-handed .25/.50 Big O on Windy Crest for about 30 minutes. I ran bad, and lost $90. Jumped back on in the evening, and lost another $100. At the same time, I was playing .10/.20 Big O, and was down about $5 for a while.

But then...

I won some nice pots. Finished -$34.40 at .25/.50, but +$35.95 at .10/.20.

That’s going in the books as +$1.55, but it feels more like +$400!
congratulations on a truly solid victory Andrew!! a win is a win brother, no matter how big or small. Hours of entertainment for FREE!! Lmao

congratulations on a truly solid victory Andrew!! a win is a win brother, no matter how big or small. Hours of entertainment for FREE!! Lmao
I’m trying to figure out how not to play the first two hours my session, and get straight to the winning. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom