Machinery issue affecting some orders (1 Viewer)

Adding my voice to those hoping the easiest cheapest fix possible. I would also 100% be in for a “commemorative” chip for the occasion to help fund the repairs. Make it $25 to get one - grinded or not!
I’m also in for any fundraising thing. I bet we have plenty of CPC fans here that would happily contribute

David do you have a heavy stock of already-finished shuffle stacks in various molds that are ready for shipping? I think there's a number of PCF'ers looking for shuffle stacks to test different molds.
Not really, no.

Adding my voice to those hoping the easiest cheapest fix possible. I would also 100% be in for a “commemorative” chip for the occasion to help fund the repairs. Make it $25 to get one - grinded or not!
Heck, I'd buy one. Make it the "Broken Grinders Really Grind My Gears" 2023 commemorative chip. @BonScot should be able to whip up an inlay!

I’m pretty sure this is an app :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

However it is giving me an idea…
IMG_4114.gif

Best wishes on resolving the issues quickly. Alternative low cost revenue generation idea to soften the blow: Limited time VIP Factory Tour! Could probably easily charge $100/head (or more) for a chipper bucket experience like that with plenty of takers.

Best wishes on resolving the issues quickly. Alternative low cost revenue generation idea to soften the blow: Limited time VIP Factory Tour! Could probably easily charge $100/head (or more) for a chipper bucket experience like that with plenty of takers.
I think I’ve seen it said before they can’t do this for regulatory reasons?

Oh, did not know that. I could’ve sworn I’ve seen a few very lucky members say they had been in the factory at some point. Maybe it was under different circumstances

Holy hell, glad you said this because it led me to search for an answer (appears we are both correct—there are apparently some regulatory issues but, also, a few members have been inside the factory). More importantly it led me to this thread which is now in my top 5 favorite threads (and it has some pics of unfinished chips, among other incredible pictures, for those who are curious as to what they look like).

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/chip-making-process-pictures.23306/

That’s really sad news David. Gutted for you and everyone else at CPC who is losing income as a result of the machinery breakdown.

What you guys at CPC do for the chip nerd community shouldn’t be underestimated.

It sounds like you’re going to take a kicking financially this year. It might be worthwhile to do some kind of a fundraising event / sell shares / Q-jump tickets. No shame in asking for help and I’m sure that a lot of people would contribute and any money raised would soften the blow. The last thing we want is for you to chuck it because you’ve had enough.
Perhaps the donations can go towards a backup plan in case it happens again - thus maintaining continuity of operations.

We've tried a lathe, even had a machine shop with precision equipment try it.
It's a whole lot different just fractionally refinishing edges to taking off up to 4mm. 50% of them chipped or broke.
Any chance you could provide info for the lathe you used, brand etc. I’d want to try that on these Paulsons; I learned they’re only 1$:1$ so breaking 50% isnt so devastating.

Attachments

• A09792A6-10ED-4B84-BB15-39080BB478E9.jpeg
    A09792A6-10ED-4B84-BB15-39080BB478E9.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 59E487CE-EB26-4C5C-A1B8-4161B0F09EE2.jpeg
    59E487CE-EB26-4C5C-A1B8-4161B0F09EE2.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 566DFE9A-8E7A-49E5-A973-89801ABBB952.jpeg
    566DFE9A-8E7A-49E5-A973-89801ABBB952.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 39
Any chance you could provide info for the lathe you used, brand etc. I’d want to try that on these Paulsons; I learned they’re only 1$:1$ so breaking 50% isnt so devastating.
Keep in mind that these are on the RHC mold with the top hats being very close to the edge already. I wouldn't recommend the use edge conditioning on that mold.

That was 10 years ago. No idea what the lathe was other than very expensive looking and computer controlled. The machine shop that helped us doesn't exist now.

Many thanks Mr Ding, Mr Spragg, far too kind, it seems just that machine shop’s owner is currently on indiegogo, folk’s on ‘em donuts to get stackin’!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom