Live PLO vs Online PLO

shorticus

Full House
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m very new to PLO and have only experienced playing it online. For those of you who are regular PLO players, I’d like to ask you all a question.

What are the major differences between playing live vs playing online? Obviously there’s no button for me to size my bets accordingly (although I should be okay with that cause I’m a fairly solid math guy), but what other things would I need to be aware of that will change once I finally get to experience the game live?

Tagging some of the plo players I know that have played live before.
@Anthony Martino (PLO superhero)
@Hornet
@Rhodeman77
@detroitdad
@CraigT78

Marc Hedrick

Two Pair
Reaction score
The main difference is that live you get to feel and hear chips. This is possible online, but in a much smaller capacity.

Rhodeman77

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to get soooooo many less hands in per hour/session that most players are going to play worse hands in general live. Especially the players that only get out to play once in a while.

you will encounter more “let’s gamble” type players.

expect to see a lot more flops that are 3 bet multi-way still. Like when the straddle makes it $90 preflop and 7 players call!

Last edited:

Hornet

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on the group you are playing with, but I think the biggest difference is there will be more gambling (and less folding) live.

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one get certified?
I know that you (at least) are indeed certified, since you 're doing so well (proven), so you might be willing to share.
I suspect some wouldn't be willing to follow that trip, but others might be.

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I know that you (at least) are indeed certified, since you 're doing so well (proven), so you might be willing to share.
I suspect some wouldn't be willing to follow that trip, but others might be.

Nobody printed me a cert to hang on my wall, I am chagrined!

shorticus

Full House
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to get soooooo many less hands in per hour/session that most players are going to play worse hands in general live. Especially the players that only get out to play once in a while.

you will encounter more “let’s gamble” type players.

expect to see a lot more flops that are 3 bet multi-way still. Like when the straddle makes it $90 preflop and 7 players call!
So Fishpond PLO? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Go it.

mike32

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like live better because I have more time to think and look around. Hands go too quick for me online. Because I see fewer hands live good and bad one stick out in my mind more. Like they said above usually more short handed gamble online I think.

Top Bottom