Live PLO vs Online PLO (1 Viewer)

shorticus

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m very new to PLO and have only experienced playing it online. For those of you who are regular PLO players, I’d like to ask you all a question.

What are the major differences between playing live vs playing online? Obviously there’s no button for me to size my bets accordingly (although I should be okay with that cause I’m a fairly solid math guy), but what other things would I need to be aware of that will change once I finally get to experience the game live?

Tagging some of the plo players I know that have played live before.
@Anthony Martino (PLO superhero)
@Hornet
@Rhodeman77
@detroitdad
@CraigT78

The main difference is that live you get to feel and hear chips. This is possible online, but in a much smaller capacity.

You are going to get soooooo many less hands in per hour/session that most players are going to play worse hands in general live. Especially the players that only get out to play once in a while.

you will encounter more “let’s gamble” type players.

expect to see a lot more flops that are 3 bet multi-way still. Like when the straddle makes it $90 preflop and 7 players call!

Last edited:
I think a lot depends on the group you are playing with, but I think the biggest difference is there will be more gambling (and less folding) live.

How does one get certified?
I know that you (at least) are indeed certified, since you 're doing so well (proven), so you might be willing to share.
I suspect some wouldn't be willing to follow that trip, but others might be.

I know that you (at least) are indeed certified, since you 're doing so well (proven), so you might be willing to share.
I suspect some wouldn't be willing to follow that trip, but others might be.

Nobody printed me a cert to hang on my wall, I am chagrined!

You are going to get soooooo many less hands in per hour/session that most players are going to play worse hands in general live. Especially the players that only get out to play once in a while.

you will encounter more “let’s gamble” type players.

expect to see a lot more flops that are 3 bet multi-way still. Like when the straddle makes it $90 preflop and 7 players call!
So Fishpond PLO? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Go it.

I like live better because I have more time to think and look around. Hands go too quick for me online. Because I see fewer hands live good and bad one stick out in my mind more. Like they said above usually more short handed gamble online I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom