Hosting a (potentially big) Game With New Local Players (2 Viewers)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have no game, lost my only 2 local players.

Posted in local group online yesterday to try again, have 12 interested people so far and a group of 8-12 friends who regularly play. It’s looking likely to be a whole thing.

So here’s my question, what do I do?

I have no clue what people know or are used to, and I’m not going to leave it up to them, so I need to go with the common denominator and find something safe for everyone.

What’s the most common micro stakes setup? .05/.10? .10/.10?

To avoid confusion, Im guessing using a chip set and just giving them like 10x their buy in and playing $1/$1 (but really .10/.10) is a bad idea. Maybe if it was one table, but with 2-3 tables I won’t be able to clear up confusion at each one. Plus I’d be using my paris set which they could just walk with barrels of $5s or $100 chips and those are worth way more than their buy in since live.

Suggestions on a cheap, micro stakes chip set?

I would need this by mid October and it needs to cover 2-3 tables. Chances are I may never use it again, or get rid of it after using it once.

Hopefully I can get a reg game out of this. Going to do a taco truck and all that for food, so should be a good time.

I’m not lazy I’m searching too, but doesn’t appear to be a ton out there.

Might have to post in Tina thread and see how long an order delivered straight to house would be.

Seems im probably making more work than needed. If I add 2 racks of .25s, a rack of $1s, and make nickels, I can just use IGs.

Thoughts still welcome on best stakes, and any suggestions to assist with hosting for this many unknowns.

Already know fam will be out of house, I’ll be sober, and bedrooms closed off.

I have my Super Mario World set around complete with topper, button, and seat markers. I think the breakdown is like

100x $0.50
200x $1
300x $5
200x $25
160x $100
40x $500

I say think because it’s currently parked at someone else’s house along with my extra Barrington table so I don’t have pics lol. The denomination is in “coins” so it makes the game scalable for whatever cash stakes and doubles as a tournament set.

Forgot to add I’m willing to lend this to you to try out. Just give me the word.

I have my Super Mario World set around complete with topper, button, and seat markers. I think the breakdown is like

100x $0.50
200x $1
300x $5
200x $25
160x $100
40x $500

I say think because it’s currently parked at someone else’s house along with my extra Barrington table so I don’t have pics lol. The denomination is in “coins” so it makes the game scalable for whatever cash stakes and doubles as a tournament set.

Forgot to add I’m willing to lend this to you to try out. Just give me the word.
Yeah I was looking at those too! Saw that there were some lower denoms available. Out of the Tina’s and ceramics and all those, these are a huge fav.

I like 0.05/0.10 for microstakes fwiw. If you can sus out how much people are willing to lose, can build around that number too. If they can lose $50 and call it a night, I like 0.10/0.20, cap $20.

you can also do fixed limit for an even friendlier game. $1/2 FL maybe? $0.5/1?

100x $0.50
200x $1
300x $5
200x $25
160x $100
40x $500

I love the camaraderie here.

If you like Tiki Kings I have 1,000 I would sell. All are standard denoms:
Screenshot_20230916_130413_Photos.jpg

Breakdown is:
Screenshot_20230916_130205_Inkpad.jpg

I’m not lazy I’m searching too, but doesn’t appear to be a ton out there.

Might have to post in Tina thread and see how long an order delivered straight to house would be.
Tina quoted me "produce time for 7-10 days, delivery time for 6-9 days" as of last month. Might be doable. But maybe check with someone who's placed a recent order.

I can get you a custom ceramic set in 2-3 weeks, most vendors can probably do the same. If you want custom ceramic go for it.

I would play .10/.10 or .25/.25

For .10 you might use .10 .50 2$ and 10$

Or .25 1$ 5$ 25$

I could let go of these go if you are going with cards mold.

I think I have 2-3 racks of nickels, quarters, dollars and $5s.

I can take pics of the rest…they are at my next door neighbor’s house. They use them for family card night with their kids.
IMG_6358.jpeg

go down this route IMO.

what are you using for 25c now? IG snapper?

$1s are easy to find.
Yeah I appreciate everyone but said I’m just doing this. Easiest by far.

Using IG $500 for .25s, have a rack and bought two more.
Nickel = paris $2?
Wow, genius. I’ve been trying to figure out what color solids to pull the trigger on, but this is way smarter since I already have all the racks.

Who knows if I ever use these again, and this way I can just overlabel a couple racks and then just peel them off if I need to. Boom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom