Ketogenic Way of eating... (1 Viewer)

Started low carb < 20 g/day right after MiM when I topped out at 192. My primary motivation is to decrease snoring - I have heard my snoring is quite loud :unsure: I was staying @ChaosRock house during MiM and his weight loss inspired me to lose weight too. My initial goal is 175 by WCB 7/17. My ultimate goal is < 170. Two weeks in and I am down 12 lbs so far. Eating mostly eggs, meat, cheese, and nuts. I really do miss my IPA's :nailbite:

Started low carb < 20 g/day right after MiM when I topped out at 192. My primary motivation is to decrease snoring - I have heard my snoring is quite loud :unsure: I was staying @ChaosRock house during MiM and his weight loss inspired me to lose weight too. My initial goal is 175 by WCB 7/17. My ultimate goal is < 170. Two weeks in and I am down 12 lbs so far. Eating mostly eggs, meat, cheese, and nuts. I really do miss my IPA's :nailbite:
Nice job!

Fathead low carb pizza

9725CEB4-4C4F-4CAB-930D-0A56507852EE.jpeg
0D3F60F4-EFD6-41FC-8E10-2DDB80660C90.jpeg
3F20B294-29E4-477D-AB57-B97DEC71E652.jpeg
0095797A-2B7E-4CC5-8DA0-099603A93162.jpeg
DCF1C652-5712-4491-8F44-9A94943EF3D3.jpeg

How’s it taste?

Better than I thought. The crust is made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour and I think can taste a background almondy flavor. Next time I will add a little garlic powder to the crust. I would like it a little more crispy too but it was getting dark around the edges.

Better than I thought. The crust is made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour and I think can taste a background almondy flavor. Next time I will add a little garlic powder to the crust. I would like it a little more crispy too but it was getting dark around the edges.
It looks really good. May give that a try myself sometime.

i’ve jumped on this and the results are good so far. 12 lbs in 11 days, 14lbs in 2 weeks. first 8ish pounds are water, we all know that, but the energy level after the first 3 days of carb withdrawal hell is what i’m loving about this. haven’t felt this good in years. my average has been around 20g net/30 gross for carbs, but too much saturated fat, which i’m adjusting.its not difficult at all, and i can see this becoming a lifestyle. i did notice a drop in power at the gym the first week, but it’s coming back :tup: . no gym this week as we are camping, but i’m excited to see the progress when i get back into it.

My wife made these for our 4th get-together. They are absolutely delicious! If you have a sweet tooth, you should try this recipe out.
https://fitmomjourney.com/keto-7-layer-bars/

*Disclaimer: The stevia sweetener tastes good, but is weird if you drink water after it. It makes the water taste super sweet. Works great with coffee, however.

Down 40 pounds in 4ish months so far. Weight loss has slowed dramatically. Exercise will need to be added soon

Exercise will do the same... Jump start the weight loss as you burn more calories, but eventually, you'll need to increase caloric intake.

Tapering off is normal and expected. If you do a pound a week, you're doing well. Just keep after it.

It’s been great reading and hearing about everyone’s positive results from this diet. About 9 years ago I decided it was time to get down to a healthy weight. At age 39 I weighed in at 172lbs. Doesn’t sound like a lot I know but for those of you who’ve met me, Im only 5ft 4inch tall and pretty small framed.
I started working out and eating a very similar diet of very little carbs and sugars. I found that if I was craving something sweet and ate some kind of fruit instead, it really helped eliminate the sugar cravings. Also replaced sweet drinks with water.
My snacks started consisting of rolled up deli meats, cheeses and either grapes or apples.
Breakfast was usually bacon and eggs or a protein shake. Dinner was usually some kind of meat or fish, veggies and a salad. I also gave up my favorite drink of all time Coca Cola, that was the toughest part of it for me.
I went from the average 4-5 a day to maybe 1 every other week.
Within 6 months I was down to 140lbs and feeling better than I had ever felt in my life.
I will be 48 in a few months and although I don’t follow this diet as strictly anymore, I have learned how to manage my exercise and eating habits to keep myself in a comfortable weight range of 145-150 lbs almost 9 years later.
Here are a couple of pictures with results I can share.
The boating picture I’m age 37 at 170lbs
and the surfing picture I’m age 42 at 145lbs.
0E791AA4-1526-40B6-B7F0-00AAF51E05BF.jpeg
2AAD122D-BE01-43E6-8B35-5E574B9880D8.png

Made it :)

4181680D-A410-4FAB-8A41-EF27F418B300.jpeg

My wife says my snoring has decreased considerably too - she no longer has to wear ear plugs to sleep in the same room :tup:

I tried for about a month and didn’t lose any weight. Not sure why. Too many calories?

Made it :)

View attachment 310424

My wife says my snoring has decreased considerably too - she no longer has to wear ear plugs to sleep in the same room :tup:
Congrats, Mark!

I hit my 180 lb goal yesterday morning, too -- making it 40 lbs lost since 1-Mar, or about 10 lbs per month on average. I was happy just maintaining and staying below 185, but now I think I'm gonna shoot for 175 as a long-term goal.

Congrats, Mark!

I hit my 180 lb goal yesterday morning, too -- making it 40 lbs lost since 1-Mar, or about 10 lbs per month on average. I was happy just maintaining and staying below 185, but now I think I'm gonna shoot for 175 as a long-term goal.
Congratulations @BGinGA! In my personal experience, when I could see the numbers on the scale, it felt like a motivator to keep doing what got me there. :tup:

I tried for about a month and didn’t lose any weight. Not sure why. Too many calories?
Possibly try a 30 minute brisk walk in the morning a couple times a week.
If you can do it on an empty stomach, I believe it will kickstart your calorie burning once you eat.
My experience with walking on a treadmill at 4.2 MPH on a 5 degree incline for 30 minutes would burn approximately 320 calories.

Are you really tracking all the macros you eat? How many carbs per day are you doing?There are so many hidden carbs in things you wouldn't think, you really have to check labels and track everything (until you learn what a "typical" meal schedule with 20-30 carbs a day). A lot of people simply cut pasta and bread, that may help but its not keto. Macros are technically based on calories, so if you're truly sticking to those, you're automatically within a good calorie range and shouldn't have to track those too.

Are you really tracking all the macros you eat? How many carbs per day are you doing?There are so many hidden carbs in things you wouldn't think, you really have to check labels and track everything (until you learn what a "typical" meal schedule with 20-30 carbs a day). A lot of people simply cut pasta and bread, that may help but its not keto. Macros are technically based on calories, so if you're truly sticking to those, you're automatically within a good calorie range and shouldn't have to track those too.
Never heard of macros.

Is that short for macaroon? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Never heard of macros.

Is that short for macaroon? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Macros are your 3 major macronutrient groups - carbohydrates, proteins and fats. If you're doing keto, your primary fuel source are fats, so something like 70% of your calories come from fat, and you limit your carbs to 20-30g a day. You can use a simple online calculator to come up with your daily targets for eating X grams from each group. More info in my post here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ketogenic-way-of-eating.37615/post-694292

I think after the WCB I'm going to give this a try, or something similar. I did the low carb thing back in the 90's and lost 30'ish pounds. I kept most of it off for the longest time. In the last few years I've put about 20 back on. Snoring is horrible, feel like shit, need to get back to consistent swimming, ect.....

I'll do some research this week, and hopefully get started next week. I'll have a month before the next meet up. I'll worry about that when it gets here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom