Ketogenic Way of eating... (1 Viewer)

How's the headache? Did you get Gatorade/Powerade sugar free to keep your electrolytes up as you burn through your carb reserves?

I've always drank a lot of water, but I'm drinking even more now. Probably starting 80 ounces of water and 20-30 ounces of black coffee.

Keto bread with flax seed and sometimes kale plus a side of 32 ounces of water... Breakfast of champions.

Last edited:
How's the headache? Did you get Gatorade/Powerade sugar free to keep your electrolytes up as you burn through your carb reserves?

Keto bread with flax seed and sometimes kale plus a side of 32 ounces of water... Breakfast of champions.

I've been having a 24 ounce bottle of snart water that is infused with electrolytes with breakfast every morning. No headaches.

Really busy day yesterday. i didn't eat enough. By dinner time i was starting to feel like shit (i had left my snacks in my office :( ).

I've moved in four notches and even had to add a new hole. :)

Only one notch for me :)

EE12F134-D871-44E2-B483-E3B2F06550FB.jpeg

SAT will be the big "No Alcohol" test for me. I'm hosting a poker game. The bourbon loves to be consumed when the chips are on the table.

Serious or joking? I am not sure what the definition of an alcoholic is but I don’t think you fit. I hope I don’t!

I have been drinking more than i should. Not an alcoholic. I figure since I'm trying to eat better, work out more, that this also made since.

Having a nightly bourbon or three was becoming a routine.

Keto is awesome but results can happen without being so extreme.

My doctor (diabetes) told me to cut carbs 5 days a week and do whatever I wanted on the weekends.
This was to reduce my blood sugar and help fix my fatty liver.

I tried to do better than that but some days are harder than others.
Been overweight my whole life and just cutting carbs down has really started to change things.
I eat between 50-100 carbs on a good day which is a lot less than it sounds.
I eat all the cheese, meat, bacon, eggs, salads, butter, etc that I want just gotta ignore bread, chips, cookies, cake, soda, etc.
Pretty crazy when you can go to BK to get two whoppers with cheese and not feel guilty (no bun or fries.)

I lost 30 lbs so far which is a lot for me and I am not losing my mind in the process.
In addition, my blood sugar stays more stable which makes me feel better and have less mood swings.
Liver tests already show improvements.
Who would have thought that eating more fat would reduce fat?

Nothing crazy, but it's a start.

View attachment 315557
You go Bill! Awesome Awesome to see you taking this so serious my friend! You should let yourself have one bourbon tonight for such a great first week!
Very inspiring to see the treadmill photo. Gym day is tomorrow for me buddy.
Kick some ass on the felt tonight and keep up the good work. :tup:

You go Bill! Awesome Awesome to see you taking this so serious my friend! You should let yourself have one bourbon tonight for such a great first week!
Very inspiring to see the treadmill photo. Gym day is tomorrow for me buddy.
Kick some ass on the felt tonight and keep up the good work. :tup:

Well, I've decided I'm not an alcoholic since I've gone seven days without a drink and I don't have the shakes. So I have already decided that I am having a bourbon or two at poker night tonight.

20190727_110009.jpg

Keto is awesome but results can happen without being so extreme.

My doctor (diabetes) told me to cut carbs 5 days a week and do whatever I wanted on the weekends.
This was to reduce my blood sugar and help fix my fatty liver.

I tried to do better than that but some days are harder than others.
Been overweight my whole life and just cutting carbs down has really started to change things.
I eat between 50-100 carbs on a good day which is a lot less than it sounds.
I eat all the cheese, meat, bacon, eggs, salads, butter, etc that I want just gotta ignore bread, chips, cookies, cake, soda, etc.
Pretty crazy when you can go to BK to get two whoppers with cheese and not feel guilty (no bun or fries.)

I lost 30 lbs so far which is a lot for me and I am not losing my mind in the process.
In addition, my blood sugar stays more stable which makes me feel better and have less mood swings.
Liver tests already show improvements.
Who would have thought that eating more fat would reduce fat?
Congratulations on the results so far. WATER and some fruit will help you curb your appetite even more. The fruit especially will help cut down on any sugar cravings you might be experiencing.

Been doing lazy keto since Monday, down 7 pounds. I know it's water weight but it still feels good to be going in the right direction again.

Well, I've decided I'm not an alcoholic since I've gone seven days without a drink and I don't have the shakes. So I have already decided that I am having a bourbon or two at poker night tonight.

View attachment 315561
Nice.

I finally cracked the Barrel Proof last night, and you were right - it kicks like a mule and needed just a little water.

All my beer has gone into hiding for the next 3-4 weeks until I'm ready for a cheat day.

Nice.

I finally cracked the Barrel Proof last night, and you were right - it kicks like a mule and needed just a little water.

All my beer has gone into hiding for the next 3-4 weeks until I'm ready for a cheat day.

I tried it with ice and with a little water. I preferred it with just a little water.

Sure it's almost noon, but I only got five hours of sleep after @detroitdad's game last night.

After taking care of the dogs I didn't get to bed until about 4 am. Its going to be a rough day!

Scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese wrapped in chard for a burrito.

View attachment 315954

Sure it's almost noon, but I only got five hours of sleep after @detroitdad's game last night.
I prefer these:

15643294362882716671282332647810.jpg

I'll do lettuce wraps sometimes, and I'll give chard a shot, but I won't call it a burrito. ;)

I love tortillas, and the low carb versions have gotten pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom