Jason Mercier Bracelet Bet vs. Vanessa Selbst (4 Viewers)

This guy is insane. Lol at him calling it that $100k was shit offer and actually being right. Fuck me.

I mean even if he doesn't even win a second bracelet, back-to-back-to-back runs like this is craaaaaaaaazy. If he keeps it up he could truly be setting up the best WSOP run of all time.

And he is third in POY point?

The POY point system has rarely been good. They have tried to adjust it a hundred times and there always seem to be players who have truly extraordinary summers and somehow don't receive what would seem to be equitable points for their runs.

The POY point system has rarely been good. They have tried to adjust it a hundred times and there always seem to be players who have truly extraordinary summers and somehow don't receive what would seem to be equitable points for their runs.

Also worth noting no points have been awarded for tourneys that haven't finished yet, so after the HORSE event is over, he should get quite a few more points.

Saw a tweet that basically read "Congrats @venessaselbst for winning the $10k Razz." Which I thought was funny and appropriate.

She's gonna need more run good today... Dude's on a heater.

Vanessa is in for one hell of a sweat for the next month! Plenty of small field $10k events still to come for Jason to have a good stab at the third bracelet.

I have never even considered for a second to not pay up on a bet that I have made (especially those that involve alcohol). What would the consequences be if she welshes on the bet? Reputation? End of sponsorship/endorsements? Shunned by poker community? Civil action?

What would the consequences be if she welshes on the bet? Reputation? End of sponsorship/endorsements? Shunned by poker community? Civil action?

I would say reputation would be scolded a little, after publically backing out of a prop bet. Nothing serious, but would definitely be frowned upon. After all, prop bets are popular among pro poker players, and not taken rather lightly.

Over a prop bet, I seriously doubt Pokerstars would seize all sponsorship activities, on a renowned female poker player - one of the best in the female poker biz.

Last edited:
That Lloyd's of London insurance premium of $900,000 I came up with a few days ago doesn"t sound so unreasonable now. I'm rooting for him to do it. I watched up til the dinner break, after he lost that crazy hand to Friedman.

I would say reputation would be scolded a little, after publically backing out of a prop bet. Nothing serious, but would definitely be frowned upon. After all, prop bets are popular among pro poker players, and not taken rather lightly.

Over a prop bet, I seriously doubt Pokerstars would seize all sponsorship activities, on a renowned female poker player - one of the best in the female poker biz.

I think there may be a price to pay among the pros who consider Jason a good guy who pays his bills. Don't know what that could entail.

I'd kill to have a run like that at a meet up.

It's pretty awesome.*

20121005_013826.jpg

20121006_032317.jpg

20130323_221815.jpg

tapatalk_1352909403311.jpeg

*except for the busto pics. We don't snap pics of the bare felt. :p

Anyone know the line on Mercier winning a third at this point?

Anyone know the line on Mercier winning a third at this point?
Haven't seen it anywhere. I'm not sure how one would even calculate that... if I had to guess, it would be somewhere between +200 & +600.

Anyone else rip off three bracelets in a year?

Haven't seen it anywhere. I'm not sure how one would even calculate that... if I had to guess, it would be somewhere between +200 & +600.

Anyone else rip off three bracelets in a year?

Puggy Pearson, Hellmuth, Ted Forrest, Ivey, Jeff Lisandro, and George Danzer (Danzer won his third at the WSOP Asia after winning two in Vegas).

Wiki link here.

Only Puggy Pearson, Phil Hellmuth, Ted Forrest, Phil Ivey, Jeff Lisandro, and George Danzer have done it in forty-some years of the WSOP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom