Jason Mercier Bracelet Bet vs. Vanessa Selbst (5 Viewers)

I based my figure on a payout of $1,800,000. Is this the correct payout amount? (I was being slightly facetious.)

Yeah that's the payout amount. Do you really think he's even close to 50% to win the $10K Razz tonight AND bink another bracelet this series?

Yeah that's the payout amount. Do you really think he's even close to 50% to win the $10K Razz tonight AND bink another bracelet this series?
No way. As talented as he is taking down a final table even with the chip lead is no small feat. He's probably 30-40% at absolute best just for that. Then he still has to win another bracelet event. I'd say at best he's something like 10-20% to do both. Enough to make you sweat if you have $1.8M on the line to win $10K though.

Can't he just make a side deal on this table and another to give the players another 100,000 if they let him win?

Yes I should have added a smiley face.

Clearly if he is not taking the buyouts he is not going to try to game the system.

I'm sorry, but who in their right mind, drunk or sober, would risk $1.8 million to win $10K, even if you were more than 99.4% sure you'd win? In the long run this might be a fair bet, but you've got to make this bet quite a few times to reach the long run.

Can't he just make a side deal on this table and another to give the players another 100,000 if they let him win?
Wouldn't he run the risk of being disqualified? There must be a rule about that.

Her arrogance is not helping her here. She's got a fucking Yale degree and deals with variance for a living. Grow some and practice your craft. Entitlement has no place in poker. The cards know no mercy and show no mercy. Justice is blind but karma is a bitch.

Lol, read her twitter feed the other day where she complained for people to stop telling her how dumb she was for making the bet... Any meems on drunk betting yet?

Her arrogance is not helping her here. She's got a fucking Yale degree and deals with variance for a living. Grow some and practice your craft. Entitlement has no place in poker. The cards know no mercy and show no mercy. Justice is blind but karma is a bitch.
Plz tweet her this! Beautiful![emoji106]

Bummer man, I was pulling for Jason. Gross hand to win with.

Image1466069945.819065.jpg

Jason ran hot as hell at the start of the final table and cold as hell at the end. Good that his rungood lasted as long as it did honestly. He played very well but so did Ray. Ray just caught the cards at the end. There were a couple straight coolers, a couple hands where Ray was a 3:2 dog and caught up on 6th or 7th, and a couple hands where Jason was just forced to call down with second best due to upcards.

Was definitely rooting for Jason. $100k is looking to look like a more attractive settlement figure now...

Was definitely rooting for Jason. $100k is looking to look like a more attractive settlement figure now...
Was that amount ever really offered though? Reading the tweets she came up to him and offered like $100 he said no and she just walked off.

The live streaming show was very good, with Matt Waxman and Rep Porter's side commentary. Huck Seed or Nick Schulman would also be good analysts for Razz. I'm probably in the minority, but I wish other games like this would see more TV time. Phil Hellmuth made another cash.

Was that amount ever really offered though? Reading the tweets she came up to him and offered like $100 he said no and she just walked off.

Yeah it was offered and refused.

The live streaming show was very good, with Matt Waxman and Rep Porter's side commentary. Huck Seed or Nick Schulman would also be good analysts for Razz. I'm probably in the minority, but I wish other games like this would see more TV time. Phil Hellmuth made another cash.

I'm grateful that they show as many non-NLHE tournaments as they do. According to Tuchman, their viewership drops dramatically for these events. This makes sense considering that such a large portion of the poker playing population is interested only in NLHE. Sad, but true.

The WSOP did a great job with the new graphics for the stud tournaments. Now they need to work on hole-card graphics for some of the other games. Without hole cards and decent graphics, it will be difficult to build an audience for draw games.

I was literally squirming watching the last hour or so of the Razz tournament, which brought back unpleasant memories of when I used to play them online. For me, there is nothing as frustrating as a long string of bad hands in the late stages of a Razz tournament.

I'm still sore over the way @bergs took advantage of me for $5 when he asked me to set an over/under line on @ssanel54's daughter's 6th-grade basketball game. I'd been in Scott's basement for several hours drinking Treehouse brews and I stupidly said "44" and he snap called the over. They hit that by halftime. I feel so abused.

The WSOP did a great job with the new graphics for the stud tournaments. Now they need to work on hole-card graphics for some of the other games. Without hole cards and decent graphics, it will be difficult to build an audience for draw games.

I am really impressed with the new graphics that they came up with. I don't know but this might gain more viewers now that the hand can be easily followed. I hope they do more of these stud and HORSE final tables. It might help with the "players championship" ft too.

I have no interest in stud games, but a wider variety of flop and draw games is always welcome by me.

So, I am going to assume that she will win her $10k bet, I wonder if she is going to change her stance on it, saying how smart she was and it was such a good bet, even if she was in an “almost blackout drunk state” when she made it.

If I turn on some poker show for entertainment and she is on it, time to watch the DVR or cartoon network. Some people just make you cringe, she is in my top 100.

Meh, the annoying get richer.

BiGGyT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom