SOLD Jack Cincinnati Sale (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even care and I’m mostly playing devils advocate, but we’ll agree to disagree that this is about personal integrity.
It has everything to do with integrity and you know it. You’ve been an outspoken voice against flipping in the past, and these recent actions are much worse. There is no need for devils advocate, or being intentionally obtuse.

I'd like to say this is surprising but it's not. Greed and selfishness drives so much garbage in our society, why wouldn't it be pervasive in an expensive hobby?

These people should be named, shamed, and ostracized.

I'd say it could be easy to identify these folks from the volume of activity they do in the classified but I'm assuming these dirt bags operate in the shadow of PMs.

Why do greedy assholes have to ruin every facet of life?
Agree 100%. I hope @Tommy will reach out to Jim to determine who this individual is, and will ban them from PCF.

Breaking news just in, reports have come in that eye witness’s have identified the suspect, he is armed with many home addresses and paypal accounts so do not list sales at this time, as for his whereabouts, he has been last since seen diving into a mountain of chips considered to be lost from the PCF community from a rooftop shouting the words “ weee we weeee”, if you know his where about’s please contact PCF management at 222-CHIPS.

30EB4813-3B2E-4BD0-B516-C5743D835C53.jpeg

Last edited:
Breaking news just in, reports have come in that eye witness’s have identified the suspect, he is armed with many home addresses and paypal accounts so do not list sales at this time, as for his whereabouts, he has been last since seen diving into a mountain of chips considered to be lost from the PCF community from a rooftop, if you know his where about’s please contact PCF management at 222-CHIPS.

View attachment 663696
I saw him too! Got this pic!

ScroogeMcDuck.jpg

Breaking news just in, reports have come in that eye witness’s have identified the suspect, he is armed with many home addresses and paypal accounts so do not list sales at this time, as for his whereabouts, he has been last since seen diving into a mountain of chips considered to be lost from the PCF community from a rooftop, if you know his where about’s please contact PCF management at 222-CHIPS.

View attachment 663696

I just threw up in my mouth. Thanks.

banning does nothing - they’ll create new accounts.
it’s tough because it seems you don’t want to penalize new users (and I’d be one of them) but making the links accessible initially to a sub forum to people with established posting histories seems like one way around it. There are already parameters used to limit people’s ability to post in the marketplace - it doesn’t seem like that much of a stretch to set the bar a bit higher to get in on these early bird specials and it would be easy to implement.

of course you’d still have people creating fake accounts and developing posting histories to get around it but it would take a lot of work on their end and probably steeply reduce the number of people doing it (at the cost of excluding some legitimate buyers who just don’t like participating in the forum chat aspect),

As many others have said, let jim handle it the best way he sees fit; it was after all, his rules that were broken.

Us knowing who it was, would mean absolutely nothing and even worst nothing we can do about it.. What? we boycott the persons sale items if they are flipping them, the person would just go to sleezebay and sell them. True, they would probaly not sell as fast as in PCF. Now the community lost a finite resource (chips) instead of staying within the PCF community. We loose again
If the person isnt flipping them and is just satisfying his hunger for chips to collect or play, then there is zero action we can take.

IMHO, this action is no where near the same as someone putting together a group buy. They are not breaking limits, and I believe Jim stated that the limits are there so many have the chance to get some chips. And if they are flipping them, i believe the are screwing us over twice.

Spoiler alert

More then a few members (also veterans) have tried to find a backdoor with TCR sales.
Even when we were back in CT times.

First we had no % and a few members (but one in particular) bought all high denom chips to flip them to the community
Then we had % and people ordered multiple times to finaly arrive at that % (but in the process they bought all high denoms first)
Result was many members that played the game straight, were not able to complete their order/set in time.
The rules had to be changed again...

Now we have % and rule that states that % have to right with every order and a max amount...now they order via multiple accounts / shipping addy

Like in the real world...the majority of honest people get screwed over by a minority of scammers & flippers.
I can tell you this...i'll welcome you to my 'do not sell or buy chips from' list...for life if word gets out

On a side note, in the process of emailing people I came across a customer who was using different addresses in order to evade the 2000 chips per household rule. That person told me at other people on the forum do it as well. This will serve as your one and only warning: If I catch anyone doing this to violate the 2000 chips per household rule, you will be permanently banned from Chip Room sales.
What other hobby gets people in such a frenzy that they'll risk their reputation and outlay $1,000's because they "need" 4000 additional chips?!

Fascinating.

.......IMHO, this action is no where near the same as someone putting together a group buy. They are not breaking limits, and I believe Jim stated that the limits are there so many have the chance to get some chips. And if they are flipping them, i believe the are screwing us over twice.

Wait, so some people think that I should not have put together a GB?

I don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom