International Shipping - How long have you had to wait? (1 Viewer)

warewulf

Full House
Reaction score
I have a package being sent to me (US). The package came from Germany. It's been 'supposedly' in customs since 8/15. I called USPS and they said it's not abnormal for packages to be stuck there for a month.

How long have you had to wait for an international shipment? I'm nervous it's actually lost.

I have a package being sent to me (US). The package came from Germany. It's been 'supposedly' in customs since 8/15. I called USPS and they said it's not abnormal for packages to be stuck there for a month.

How long have you had to wait for an international shipment? I'm nervous it's actually lost.
2 weeks was the fastest for me, 4-5 weeks is normal. I just had a package (Germany to US) being held by German customs for a "closer inspection" in Frankfurt before it had even left the country lol. They released it but this means an additional week until delivery.

2 weeks was the fastest for me, 4-5 weeks is normal. I just had a package (Germany to US) being held by German customs for a "closer inspection" in Frankfurt before it had even left the country lol. They released it but this means an additional week until delivery.
Yeah, Swiss Post seems to do this a lot too for outbound packages, for whatever reason. A customs double-whammy.

I shipped some chips to @Eriks about this time last year and I believe it was about 3-4 weeks. No issues with USPS.
Can confirm. It’s been smooth sailing for a while. At the start of the pandemic it was brutal. I had a package sent to me from the states in feb/march that went off the grid, but turned up out of nowhere in june (!)

They were shipped exactly a month ago, so hopefully they make it.

Newman-AMold.jpg

I got a shipment from the UK last year in a week, or slightly less. I was really surprised how quickly it arrived.

I shipped a MFRB to Australia earlier this year and it took less then 2 weeks to arrive.

So my package appears to be lost. I paid for insurance, but they were sent from Germany. Not sure if they only cover insurance in their country, or if they'll still pay if they were lost in the US? Assuming I'm screwed at this point. Hopefully they somehow show up.

Tracking shows they cleared US customs in my state and then disappeared on their next hop.

If anyone sees them on eBay, Facebook, etc, let me know. Don't think I'll consider buying from an international buyer again. So pissed! I was going to relabel the blue and black for a tournament set.

20220606_113647.jpg

20220606_113655.jpg

Don't think I'll consider buying from an international buyer again.
For overseas shipping, the courier provider that you use is going to be very important

I only use DHL or FedEx for expensive shipment, so far they have very little or no issue for me and always received the shipment within 7 working days

So my package appears to be lost. I paid for insurance, but they were sent from Germany. Not sure if they only cover insurance in their country
I once received a shipment only 4 months after the item is send, and the tracking is useless still showing the package is at US when I received them

It via USPS for reference and they may just get lost in the system and will show up months later

So my package appears to be lost. I paid for insurance, but they were sent from Germany. Not sure if they only cover insurance in their country, or if they'll still pay if they were lost in the US? Assuming I'm screwed at this point. Hopefully they somehow show up.
I believe the sender should start an inquiry with the German post office, which will then contact USPS to try to locate the package.

For overseas shipping, the courier provider that you use is going to be very important

I only use DHL or FedEx for expensive shipment, so far they have very little or no issue for me and always received the shipment within 7 working days

I once received a shipment only 4 months after the item is send, and the tracking is useless still showing the package is at US when I received them

It via USPS for reference and they may just get lost in the system and will show up months later

It was sent with DHL and he bought insurance. I did ask him to file a claim. Hopefully get some money back.

How long has it been? I had packages go MIA in California before shipping to Canada before. Most recently a set of Indiana Grand samples were 3+weeks in limbo in Cali. They eventually showed up though

The package shows it cleared customs on 8/11

In transit to the next facility on 8/15

Figure I'll still have fading hope for the next few months. Possibly the 8/15 scan is not correct and they're still sitting at customs waiting for USPS to pick them up.

USPS.png

Damn, doesn’t look good….delays do happen but mostly at customs not after.
3 weeks is a long time once package is moving in the system.

Not all hope is lost but seller should start report asap…
What was on the description of the package ?

crossing fingers for save delivery

Poland - USA... 10 days up to 2 weeks
Currently testing Poland - Australia

I had a package sent to Big Apple that took over 2 months and arrived looking like went through Ost Front

I run an ecom business and we tell people don't get worried until day 75. We ship upwards of 5,000 parcels. 2022 numbers...

about 15% get there within 10 days, 40% within 20 days, another 20% within 40 days, and about a quarter of packages take longer than 40 days. We see less than 2% loss rate.

Solid chance it's just held up at one of the many stops along the way. Biggest offender is customs.

As a shipper we typically have zero insight past what a tracking number says. Even FedEx or DHL support typically can't help. You just wait and cross fingers.

I have had good success with the sender filing with USPS. Package started moving right away. Same with Canada Post. Not sure how it would work coming from an international shipper.

Update: I still haven't received my package. It entered the US in my state on August 15th and then got lost. USPS called me about a month ago to confirm I never received it. The seller said he was contacted by DHL and should receive insurance money soon. So still pending.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom