Well, I had hoped this day wouldn't come (1 Viewer)

I have searched meticulously for days now and I am at a loss as to where the other rack of 25s is not to mention potentially a rack of 5s. Now at first I had to concede maybe I sold them and just didn’t remember and I went through my PM history and there is no mention of it. Then I started to wonder if I was crazy and just had fewer chips than I remember. So I asked @Joe Harris how many 25s were in his cash set and he told me a little over 60 and I remember that he was right. So I went back in time to when I found the original 500 chip set on Craigslist (well someone here posted it) in 2016 and sure enough there were 150 of the 25s in that set.

That means I am not crazy and I had over 200 of them.

Can you imagine searching every cubic centimeter of your house and turning up empty? I had them as late as maybe 18 months ago - a clear memory of that and I never ever took them out of the house. They simply, vanished.

It’s a nightmare!! Not because of lost money or anything but because of my sanity! There is no way they are just gone!

I literally cannot focus. That ever happen to you? Someone out there tell me I gave them a rack of 25s for free or something in the last couple years and I’ll sleep okay tonight. But just vanish???? I searched meticulously.

Did I ever trade anyone 25s for anything?? Help me remember. I am going to be in an institution before the end of the weekend lol

Oh man, it would drive me absolutely nuts. Nothing worse than knowing you have something in your house and not being able to find it. I would literally look in every cabinet, nook, and cranny of the entire house.

Did I ever trade anyone 25s for anything?? Help me remember. I am going to be in an institution before the end of the weekend lol
Mike,
If you are referring to InPlay .25 fracs, you gave me 75 of them to complete my rack. I believe I got the other 25 from @ceramicmike.
It’s been much longer than 18 months or two years ago. More like 5 years ago.

I’d have to do some searching through my PMs but I’m pretty sure I could find you a relatively close time frame if you need.

Mike,
If you are referring to InPlay .25 fracs, you gave me 75 of them to complete my rack. I believe I got the other 25 from @ceramicmike.
It’s been much longer than 18 months or two years ago. More like 5 years ago.

I’d have to do some searching through my PMs but I’m pretty sure I could find you a relatively close time frame if you need.
Nope not the quarters… I am just referring to $25 and $5 In Plays. Like I said I don’t care if I gave them away for free I just want to account for them. It’s a total mind F for me right now. I think I had over 200 of the 25$ chips as late as 2022 and I simply can’t locate them.

I have no recollection of selling, trading, or giving them away so the only option left is someone stole them out of my house but even that is far fetched. Man, I need a Valium haha

Oh man, it would drive me absolutely nuts. Nothing worse than knowing you have something in your house and not being able to find it. I would literally look in every cabinet, nook, and cranny of the entire house.
You have no idea!!! I am looking behind toilet seats and under sinks. The only places left.

I have searched meticulously for days now and I am at a loss as to where the other rack of 25s is not to mention potentially a rack of 5s. Now at first I had to concede maybe I sold them and just didn’t remember and I went through my PM history and there is no mention of it. Then I started to wonder if I was crazy and just had fewer chips than I remember. So I asked @Joe Harris how many 25s were in his cash set and he told me a little over 60 and I remember that he was right. So I went back in time to when I found the original 500 chip set on Craigslist (well someone here posted it) in 2016 and sure enough there were 150 of the 25s in that set.

That means I am not crazy and I had over 200 of them.

Can you imagine searching every cubic centimeter of your house and turning up empty? I had them as late as maybe 18 months ago - a clear memory of that and I never ever took them out of the house. They simply, vanished.

It’s a nightmare!! Not because of lost money or anything but because of my sanity! There is no way they are just gone!

I literally cannot focus. That ever happen to you? Someone out there tell me I gave them a rack of 25s for free or something in the last couple years and I’ll sleep okay tonight. But just vanish???? I searched meticulously.

Have I ever experienced not being able to find something that I know is around my home? Oh, yeah -- early and often! Just last week I was showing some of my chips to @inca911 and was looking for a chip case full of custom samples. Couldn't find them either while he was here or later in the day. A few days later I found the case on the floor of my chip closet. It was "hiding" (not really) underneath one rack of chips that I had placed on the case temporarily so that I could reach a different rack. As they say, if it were a snake . . . :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I've finally accepted that I suffer from a lack of focus and too many senior moments. Oh, and I do have too much stuff. Way too much stuff, but some things are difficult to let go.

Pro tip: Don't hide anything with the expectation that you'll remember where you hid it a few years later.

Good luck with your sale(s), and also to my fellow PCF'ers who are looking to fill a rack or complete a set.

Well, I am flummoxed. After spending nearly three days looking everywhere in my house, I can tell you where everything is. Including my old game consoles and DVDs and pictures of old girlfriends from 20 years ago. But I can’t tell you what happened to that rack of 25s.

This adds a whole new emotional dimension to what I am doing here I wasn’t prepared for.

I actually have to admit defeat in this search and hope someone comes forward to tell me I traded, sold, or gave them away at some point to rest easy at night. My memory is not wrong, they were here. And I have proof based on corroborating evidence I had a certain minimum number.

I am at a loss for words to describe the baffling feelings I have right now.

I have to give up for awhile and just resume normal life. Sounds stupid right? Harder than it sounds though.

Well, I am flummoxed. After spending nearly three days looking everywhere in my house, I can tell you where everything is. Including my old game consoles and DVDs and pictures of old girlfriends from 20 years ago. But I can’t tell you what happened to that rack of 25s.

This adds a whole new emotional dimension to what I am doing here I wasn’t prepared for.

I actually have to admit defeat in this search and hope someone comes forward to tell me I traded, sold, or gave them away at some point to rest easy at night. My memory is not wrong, they were here. And I have proof based on corroborating evidence I had a certain minimum number.

I am at a loss for words to describe the baffling feelings I have right now.

I have to give up for awhile and just resume normal life. Sounds stupid right? Harder than it sounds though.
Interview possible location influencers.

Wife moved a box, in another box, and it’s now under a box in the attic?

Kids grabbed some totes, moved them from their car, to their closet, and the chips are now in their closet at their house?

Dig into events that influenced location of things in general. Then reverse engineer the situation and decide if the chips could have been stowaways.

Final attempt after the above is crossed off…. Take a journey through DMT land, and ask the “beings” if they will help guide you.

Good luck!

I would be very interested in the cash end of the set up to the $5s. Would love to take my classified down and have a full set of these bad boys. Cigar and snifter is my favorite mold by far and the colors on the Inplays are just awesome. I fell in love with them at my first meetup when @Lil Tuna brought his set out. I couldn't believe my luck when I got the tournament set and was happy to help @Lil Tuna finish out his 1ks. I've got a large tourney set, and I just never host tournaments at home and have been hoping to acquire the cash side. The opportunity to have the whole set is a dream I had given up on.
PXL_20220627_231322770.jpg

Alright. Two things.

1. I did not find the chips I misplaced…. Yet
2. I have decided I can’t sell the set, no matter how much money they may be worth. I love them too much. I would miss them too much.

Sorry about making a big deal out of it. I really thought I could do it. I can’t. I’m a collector and I treasure these stupid little discs.

The regret would be too much to bear.

Alright. Two things.

2. I have decided I can’t sell the set, no matter how much money they may be worth. I love them too much. I would miss them too much.

Sorry about making a big deal out of it. I really thought I could do it. I can’t. I’m a collector and I treasure these stupid little discs.

Excellent decision Mike. Can’t blame you one bit. :)

Alright. Two things.

Not surprised...my precious

Hi Mike, welcome back. I don't recall if we ever met in person, but I certainly remember you from back in the day with the Skyrim logo. I got started with this hobby around 2013 myself.

Reminds me of when I moved to a new place in DC. I hired movers, but I sure wasn't letting them pack up my chips. I had about 40-50 of the Paulson-type acrylic racks full of chips. The day before the movers were coming, I loaded up about half the racks in a super sturdy large rectangular milk crate in my car, drove to the new place. Then tried to find a place in an empty house to store them out of the way of the movers... settled on the kitchen, inside the lower cabinets -- slid half the racks, stacked, in the lower shelves.. made the 2nd trip for the other half of chips.

Day later, the movers come, yadda-yadda, and all furniture is moved so now have bookshelves and display case, and I get out the chip racks from the kitchen and put them back on the bookshelves and in the display case.

About a month goes by, and I'm getting out one of my chipsets, and I'm either losing my memory or I'm missing 2 racks... looked everywhere in the house, for the life of me, couldn't find them anywhere,... then, I remembered back to the move, and went to the kitchen, and slid all the way in the back of the cabinet on the lower shelf behind a blender and ultrasonic cleaner I kept there was 2 racks of chips. They were hidden from view below the bottom shelf.

@AWenger actually you are one of the few people I met in person. We met up at a tournament game at someone’s house in Columbia MD. I brought you a rack of chips for something - I don’t recall what the hell they were now. I didn’t make the money in the tourney but played at the cash game for awhile until I got a little too drunk.

There were at least three tables that night for the tourney. I met a couple PCFers there. But I’m elusive. Almost like I don’t exist lol

You know I’m just going to continue my rant for a second here:

1. I have never lost anything I couldn’t find in my house.
2. Never took the 25s anywhere outside the house.
3. Again, have confirmation that I definitely have at least an additional rack of 25s in a white box somewhere which SHOULD make it easy to spot.
4. Remember having both boxes as late as 2022.
5. Have searched everywhere.

If they really are not here, then either:

A. I accidentally threw them away (No)
B. Someone stole them (Very unlikely)
C. Am going insane.
D. Sold them or traded them (also unlikely as there would be a trail to follow)
E. Am going insane
F. Didn’t look somewhere that is inconceivable like my 4 year olds toy bins which my wife told me she already went through.

This is honestly the first time in my entire life I’ve misplaced something and exhausted all places to look.

I am never going to be able to stop looking. Forever I will be searching endlessly places I’ve already searched hoping I was high last 10 times I searched it and my eyes deceived me.

Reminds me of the time I misplaced my set of Protégés. The last time I remembered seeing them we had people over replacing our floors. Thought they had swiped them. 2 years later I find them in the bottom of a bin I had stashed away with some old school consoles.

i once hunted the house for chips before goin back to my main stash and opened it all up again and realised they were there all along. Just sayin. Maybe open all ya boxes and cases youve prob already checked twice

This all reminds me of an incident several months ago, when I stubbed my toe in the dark on a very heavy MFRB I hadn't noticed behind the door to the chip room.

Opened it up (still sealed) to find a 600-chip tournament set of BCC Riverboats that I had completely forgotten were purchased MANY months earlier...... doh

I busted out a rack of 100s to oil (you know with the little brush under a bright light - if you haven’t done this before it’s chipgasmic).

I noticed my rack had 99 chips. Now I can’t remember if it was full or always had 99.

My house hates me!!!

Glad to see you back, @MD Mike !

I dreamt of building an nice InPlay cash set recently but gave up on them. It wasn't an easy decision to let them go but having so many sets I had to give them back to those who helped me with small sets so they could see play on the felt. They have some of the best colors combinations so it was a wise decision to keep them.

Hoping to see some pictures of them on the felt one day.

Can you imagine searching every cubic centimeter of your house and turning up empty?
Yup. One time somebody (maybe @Josh Kifer) was looking for a chip carousel. I know I own one. And those things are kind of bulky, so it’s not like it got kicked under a couch. But it is nowhere to be found.
It’s a mystery.

This all reminds me of an incident several months ago, when I stubbed my toe in the dark on a very heavy MFRB I hadn't noticed behind the door to the chip room.

Opened it up (still sealed) to find a 600-chip tournament set of BCC Riverboats that I had completely forgotten were purchased MANY months earlier...... doh
I aspire to be at a place in this hobby where I simply forget about a grail BCC set for several months and happily rediscover it months later :oops:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom