Inlays and Gear custom labels - How do dey look like? (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting that - didn't realize it was laminated, but I see that now. Not a full replacement? How did you have the room for a full laminated label over an existing one?

I wonder if it makes a difference between the complexity of the faux shape. My worry is that a complex faux shape, such as a gear, might look too fake over the more plain round (or in your case less complex) label shape.
All my chips I had done by Gear are full replacements. Welcome to come by in person and check them out. Superior job and you would have a hard time figuring out which were indeed labeled even after I told you which ones were.

A quick picture example below.

All my chips I had done by Gear are full replacements. Welcome to come by in person and check them out. Superior job and you would have a hard time figuring out which were indeed labeled even after I told you which ones were.

A quick picture example below.
View attachment 249894
Nice relabels! I would love to see them in person!

My concern isn't as much for relabels done for full replacements for round or shaped inlays, but rather the appearance of a faux inlay with lamination (textured or otherwise). I wonder if it is better to go with a round textured laminated inlay vs faux shaped laminated. (For authentic appearances.) I have seen Cleveland HS $5s that have a faux inlay and it looks "just okay" to me, but it also isn't a textured laminate either. In your above picture, they are all round so it looks great, but for my project idea, I have at least one real shaped inlay and so am figuring out if I should do others as faux shaped, or just stay away from that path and stay with a more authentic looking round label.

Nice relabels! I would love to see them in person!

My concern isn't as much for relabels done for full replacements for round or shaped inlays, but rather the appearance of a faux inlay with lamination (textured or otherwise). I wonder if it is better to go with a round textured laminated inlay vs faux shaped laminated. (For authentic appearances.) I have seen Cleveland HS $5s that have a faux inlay and it looks "just okay" to me, but it also isn't a textured laminate either. In your above picture, they are all round so it looks great, but for my project idea, I have at least one real shaped inlay and so am figuring out if I should do others as faux shaped, or just stay away from that path and stay with a more authentic looking round label.
Gear should be able to help with your faux shaped labels. There is a thread that @Wifey made. It also has a video on what he can do with chips and different shaped labels.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/see-how-its-done.10309/page-3

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom