Custom "glass like" Sun-Fly Polyinno style labels (1 Viewer)

Kenotorus

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I recently ordered custom labels from a local supplier (in The Netherlands) for a small relabeling project.
When my labels came in the mail, the manufacturer had included a few samples of their new line of labels and stickers: 3D UV DTF labels. (acronym for direct-to-film, for those already snickering)

I couldn't help but notice they would make great labels for poker chips as well. Super scratch resistant, with popping colors, very glossy. Almost... well... glass like. I would imagine they might be pretty close to what Sun-Fly calls their "glass like" labels for the PolyInno chips. (But I've never handled one of those)

Just out of curiosity I put their sample label on a cheap chip I had lying around. This sample label is too big for the recessed area and the original label still show underneath, so that doesn't really do it justice, but there's definetely some great potential here... I might order some custom labels in the right size and do a test run. (might be able to send some labels to anyone interested as well)

Does anyone else have any experience with applying those UV DTF labels to chips? Or anyone here that could show a detail of the Sun-fly glass-like labels for me to compare?

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_123830.jpeg
    IMG_20230806_123830.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 128
Deal The Flop labels huh? :p

Sorry, not much to contribute here, just a question- how much are these labels?

Most folks dislike the Sun-Fly glossy laminated labels because of the resulting glare and reflections. They look pretty, but play badly under direct lighting.

A matte-finish works best for poker chips, imo.

Deal The Flop labels huh? :p

Sorry, not much to contribute here, just a question- how much are these labels?
Exactly what I was referring to :p
Well, this supplier provides laminated labels (Sticker Mule like quality) dirt cheap, around 4 cents/label.
These are just slightly more expensive at around 5 cents...

Most folks dislike the Sun-Fly glossy laminated labels because of the resulting glare and reflections. They look pretty, but play badly under direct lighting.

A matte-finish works best for poker chips, imo.
I sure get that.
Could imagine some people willing to do the tradeoff though.

Additional question: Is there a difference between Sun-Fly's glossy laminate, and these so-called 'glass like' labels?
These labels I've got here are definitely very different from regular glossy laminated labels. There's more of a quality look and feel to this kind.

I might order some custom labels in the right size and do a test run. (might be able to send some labels to anyone interested as well)

These are just slightly more expensive at around 5 cents...

At this price hard to resist a test run. Maybe I can find some cheap used china clays. Let me know how your test run goes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom