Gear, ABC, Br Pro, Sticker mule for Royal Custom labels (2 Viewers)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve started to ask around about some custom labels for a set of Royals from Apache I’m building. I’m looking to order about 1600 labels(800 chips)

The question I have is about labels for this level of chip. The cost of a Royal chip is about 59 cents. A label for this chip from gear runs about 40 cents. Sticker Mule was around 13-14 cents. This would be both sides.

Apache has labels advertised around 24 cents(12 cents each) but I have tried calling, emailing etc and can’t seem to reach anyone to confirm they have the labels I need.

Am I crazy to buy a chip at 59 cents and spend an additional 40 cents on a label? I understand Gear has the best quality. If you go the stickmule route they need artwork. I’m not sure where to even source the Royal chips stock artwork.

I’m on the fence about abandoning yet another project and just focusing on slowly building this IG Paulson set…..

Am I crazy to buy a chip at 59 cents and spend an additional 40 cents on a label?
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

IMG_5316.jpegIMG_5317.jpegIMG_5318.jpegIMG_5319.jpegIMG_5320.jpegIMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg

@ChippinUp you might want to just get some samples of each to see what you think of the higher quality labels made by Gear compared to the cheaper Sticker Mule option.

This is a 49 cent chip from Apache. I chose to print my own labels and I’m happy with them, but they are Not close to what you would get from @Gear.

It won’t hurt my feelings if you decide this isn’t good enough for your Royals. That’s why I posted it.

NOTE: crazy is sold by the truck load around here.

IMG_5123.jpeg

This is a 49 cent chip from Apache. I chose to print my own labels and I’m happy with them, but they are Not close to what you would get from @Gear.

It won’t hurt my feelings if you decide this isn’t good enough for your Royals. That’s why I posted it.

NOTE: crazy is sold by the truck load around here.

View attachment 1225561
"crazy is sold by the truckload" ... that's classic

•i• wouldn't think it's crazy, but that's a low bar ... i've engaged with @Gear to have this done myself; super friendly & helpful ... one thing to note is around here these are small businesses, so "instant gratification" is not a thing: expect a wait/lead up time for orders

I used Sticker Mule to relabel my Apache Royals and I'm mostly happy with the way they turned out (especially for the price). I only wish they were a little thicker. The Royals have an indention in the center on one side of the chip that is visible through the sticker. It bothers me but my players loved the chips and not one of them noticed/mentioned the indention. Granted none of them are chippers but it still eased my mind a bit.

IMG_4315.jpg

I used Sticker Mule to relabel my Apache Royals and I'm mostly happy with the way they turned out (especially for the price). I only wish they were a little thicker. The Royals have an indention in the center on one side of the chip that is visible through the sticker. It bothers me but my players loved the chips and not one of them noticed/mentioned the indention. Granted none of them are chippers but it still eased my mind a bit.

View attachment 1227962
Isabel’s look sweet! I didn’t realize Gear labels were thicker?

Could just be the stiffness of the sticker. The original Apache stickers that I took off seemed stiffer than the ones from Sticker Mule. Maybe that has something to do with it. I haven't used gear labels yet.

I haven't looked at Sticker Mule, but, they may have different labels/thickness. Gear does as well, from what I gather. Depending on if it's an overlabel, or, not. Just a thought. I like the looks of the Royals, and, for the money are fine chips, but, when you add nearly double the cost for labels then you're getting into good quality ceramics, and, not far off from filling out an IG set.

If you're set on the Royals then you might consider contracting your own design for the label and that might take a little of the sting out of the cost...considering you would have a personalized label.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at Sticker Mule, but, they may have different labels/thickness. Gear does as well, from what I gather. Depending on if it's an overlabel, or, not. Just a thought. I like the looks of the Royals, and, for the money are fine chips, but, when you add nearly double the cost for labels then you're getting into good quality ceramics, and, not far off from filling out an IG set.

If you're set on the Royals then you might consider contracting your own design for the label and that might take a little of the sting out of the cost...considering you would have a personalized label.
I agree completely. I have a set of BR Ceramics. I think I may have rushed the royals a bit but I now have almost 500 Royals.

I think finishing the royals with custom labels is a good call. Then attempt to slowly build this IG set…..

Interesting I purchased these from a fellow PCF’er. 325 of the blue 25K royals but approx half were relabelled with 5K labels.

If you look at the side by side the relabel chips are slightly higher than the stock 25K. So I guess my question is would it be safe to assume the previous owner when relabelling may have applied the label off centre causing the the height difference? It seems like the stock 25K are all the same height and the relabels seem to be fairly consistent in height but still not as even as the stock 25K’s

I’ve heard royals can have height differences when stacked. My OCD will it stand for this if it’s random across the denoms.

IMG_4753.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom