Inlays and Gear custom labels - How do dey look like? (1 Viewer)

Pierna

Pair
Reaction score
I don't have much experience, partly due to the fact that I don't own many chip sets so I'll ask for help here!

I have noticed how Paulson Dunes inlays and Paulson Classic inlays look completely different. The Classics are shiny and reflect light, the Dunes are glossy and have a sort of texture in them. I wouldn't have expected such big difference. I also own Desert Palms CC and their inlay (or is it a label?) looks more like the Classics.

I wondered how CPC inlays and Gears labels look.

I'm waiting for a few CPC custom and sample sets to be shipped so I will have an answer to the CPC question very soon myself but I'd also like to know hoe the Gears labels look like since I'd like to relabel a few paulson in the future.

Could anyone help?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Gear can do both smooth inlays and textured inlays, it just depends on the laminate. CPC's inlays depend on the mold choice. FDL = smooth/glossy, CSQ or E&C = textured. You should probably try to get your hands on some samples of the different CPC molds before placing an order with them. The chips vary far more than you'd probably think.

I will put a few Gear labels in with your sample set when I mail it out. I have a few of the thin ones that are used over an existing inlay and some of the textured labels that are great for inlay replacent. I'll send both.

Gear can do both smooth inlays and textured inlays, it just depends on the laminate. CPC's inlays depend on the mold choice. FDL = smooth/glossy, CSQ or E&C = textured. You should probably try to get your hands on some samples of the different CPC molds before placing an order with them. The chips vary far more than you'd probably think.

Great. I'll definitely buy a few more samples before placing my order, I'm not keen on Paulson Classic inlays.

Inlays on Toad's FDL and HHR look similar in photos though. Lots to learn for me here!

I will put a few Gear labels in with your sample set when I mail it out. I have a few of the thin ones that are used over an existing inlay and some of the textured labels that are great for inlay replacent. I'll send both.

That would be great thank you!
PCFers are awesome! :)

I don't have much experience, partly due to the fact that I don't own much chip sets so I'll ask for help here!

I have noticed how Paulson Dunes inlays and Paulson Classic inlays look completely different. The Classics are shiny and reflect light, the Dunes are glossy and have a sort of texture in them. I wouldn't have expected such big difference. I also own Desert Palms CC and their inlay (or is it a label?) looks more like the Classics.

I wondered how CPC inlays and Gears labels look.

I'm waiting for a few CPC custom and sample sets to be shipped so I will have an answer to the CPC question very soon myself but I'd also like to know hoe the Gears labels look like since I'd like to relabel a few paulson in the future.

Could anyone help?
Thanks!

@Gear does top quality work and the labels are also great. He did these for me !last year and I'm very pleased.

full

Wow, you guys humble me :)

@Pierna, we do have sample sets of labels available, which includes the following:

* matte vinyl, unlaminated (e.g. the Terribles and Oak Tree labels shown above)

* glossy vinyl with "smooth" lamination (not too shiny, no texture)

* glossy vinyl with "matte" lamination (not too shiny, slightly pebbled texture like most china clays)

* glossy vinyl with "textured" lamination (not too shiny, texture similar to cross-hatching)

...plus a few random samples from previous jobs.

Of course we can also make glossy vinyl labels without lamination, but I wouldn't recommend it for chips.

Send me a PM if you're interested and I can give you the ordering details.

Thanks!

Wow, you guys humble me :)

@Pierna, we do have sample sets of labels available, which includes the following:

* matte vinyl, unlaminated (e.g. the Terribles and Oak Tree labels shown above)

* glossy vinyl with "smooth" lamination (not too shiny, no texture)

* glossy vinyl with "matte" lamination (not too shiny, slightly pebbled texture like most china clays)

* glossy vinyl with "textured" lamination (not too shiny, texture similar to cross-hatching)

...plus a few random samples from previous jobs.

Of course we can also make glossy vinyl labels without lamination, but I wouldn't recommend it for chips.

Send me a PM if you're interested and I can give you the ordering details.

Thanks!

I'm gonna need about 800 sample labels, preferably already attached to Paulsons.

kthanxbai.

They've arrived thank you!!!

IMG_1522.JPG

I guess the horseshoes are the thin ones and the soapy's parlor the textured ones since they are thicker.

I also notice that the textured ones reflect less light and are less shiny with respect to the horseshoes, is that the difference between textured and not? There could be some other difference in finish I don't know.

Surely @Gear can help!

Since this has become an @Gear awesomeness thread, these turned out great. My poor pic lighting doesn't do them justice.

2017-07-15 01.34.43.jpg

I'm guessing Oak Tree $2.50.
Edit: Sorry, you were asking about a different post. Jack Cincinnati $2.

Those depot $1's are freaking awesome!!

They would make a great $5 in a Cali color set, if they are a shade of yellow as they appear on my screen.

Those depot $1's are freaking awesome!!

They would make a great $5 in a Cali color set, if they are a shade of yellow as they appear on my screen.

Yes but those Depot $1's are difficult to find in quantities. I only have 7 and looking after since 2-3 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom