Indy 500 Contest (3 Viewers)

I'm not even for sure of what I am rooting for, but you guys will probs need my PayPal now to send me my moneyz? :D

The Chevys looked good all week. And the Hondas have had reliability issues in the last few 500s. If there is a top 9, I'd guess the Penkes and Carpenters cars would battle it out. Duh, we're talking 6 or the 9 cars, LOL!!! And the 6 cars picked by us also.

Okay, now that David's back, I will bow out of the prelims:

Fast-9 Pole Position and 33rd Qualifier picks:

1st starter
#1 - @ChaosRock -- Spencer Pigot
#2 - @Chippy McChiperson -- Will Power
#3 - @bsdunbar1 -- Josef Newgarden
#4 - @dbertheau -- Simon Pagenaud
#5 - @David O -- Ed Jones
#6 - @slisk250 -- Ed Carpenter

33rd starter:
#7 - @slisk250 -- Max Chilton
#8 - @David O -- Sage Karam
#9 - @dbertheau -- Fernando Alonso
#10 - @bsdunbar1 -- Patricio O'Ward
#11 - @Chippy McChiperson -- James Hinchcliffe
#12 - @ChaosRock -- none

Mike, did you want to go ahead and select the field draft order? I'm okay with all seven players picking 4 drivers each, if you want to include everybody in one pool.

Okay, now that David's back, I will bow out of the prelims:

Fast-9 Pole Position and 33rd Qualifier picks:

1st starter

33rd starter:
#12 - @ChaosRock -- none

Mike, did you want to go ahead and select the field draft order? I'm okay with all seven players picking 4 drivers each, if you want to include everybody in one pool.

I'm ok with running 2 games. Let's see if we can get a couple more players after the field is set....and a real card flip for draft order!

You get to change picks? Hanley? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Nope! LOL!!! My pick was O'Ward. However, here are the rules we discussed:

"If we pick a rookie who does not classify, and there's one who does but wasn't drafted, he replaces the one out of the race. If two rookies or more fail to classify, tough luck, only one is replaced. If we each have one rookie not classifying (or whatever even number), there's no replacements."

So do I get the 33rd with Kaiser since the Fast 9 is underway and my Pigot lock in is out of the window?

So do I get the 33rd with Kaiser since the Fast 9 is underway and my Pigot lock in is out of the window?
Yes, imo. Meant to post/correct the pick list, but got distracted....

Yes, imo. Meant to post/correct the pick list, but got distracted....

Yup Paulo is a luckbox...and friggin Pagenaud! Cost me some money... track dries and Juncos drops McLaren? Who knew?

Really sad day for McLaren and Alonzo. I think in his head he must have learned by now...you don't come to indy with a new team and do well. He was running a full Andretti car when he was competitive in 2017. Why did McLaren get engineering support from Carlin? Not the best choice IMO..Carlins cars are slower than Alonzo except Kimball. I would not be surprised if his love affair with McLaren wanes...and visions of Penske trucks start dancing in his head.

33rd starter:
#12 - @ChaosRock -- Kyle Kaiser

No payments until after the race

Game 1
1. ChaosRock
2. bsdunbar1
3. slisk250
4. BGinGA
5. David O.
6. Chippy

Game 2
1. slisk250
2. dbertheau
3. chaosrock

Last call for anyone out there that wants spots in game 2. We will set the draft order soon.

Practice 8 speeds. No major incidents, in heavy traffic Ericsson brushed the wall, no video I could find so guess the car is fine. Kanaan took very few laps and also jumped in teammate's car Leist for a few laps... Jones was slooowwwwwww in race trim. Probably no issues just 16 laps and done.

Practice 8 speeds. No major incidents, in heavy traffic Ericsson brushed the wall, no video I could find so guess the car is fine. Kanaan took very few laps and also jumped in teammate's car Leist for a few laps... Jones was slooowwwwwww in race trim. Probably no issues just 16 laps and done.View attachment 289943

Interesting. Penskes still strong. With more practices Helio might be a top contender again.

Did you watch Pagenaud's latest race, Mike? At Indianapolis Street Course? OMG! He put on a show! And he needed that. His season up until that point had been meh.

Thanks...should be a great race next week. Always a fun racing weekend with Monaco and Indy.

Absolutely! Yep, the greatest weekend in motorsport!

Interesting. Penskes still strong. With more practices Helio might be a top contender again.

Did you watch Pagenaud's latest race, Mike? At Indianapolis Street Course? OMG! He put on a show! And he needed that. His season up until that point had been meh.

Absolutely! Yep, the greatest weekend in motorsport!

Yeah I watch Simon blow through the field at the end on the wets. I think he make up 6 seconds in about a lap to get on Dixon's tail. Too bad as that probably saved his ride (with an Indy pole to boot)...I'd like to see Alonzo talking to Roger soon...

Are you taking Helio with your first pick? (@BGinGA draft order?????) I bet he isn't on the board for long...you know I like Brazilians and he knows how to win Indy. I put him on parralel with Al Unser Sr. He is almost always in the hunt.

It is a Penske or Carpenter Car FTW unless they all throw it away. Maybe an outside chance that my rookie Herta shocks the world!

Yeah I watch Simon blow through the field at the end on the wets. I think he make up 6 seconds in about a lap to get on Dixon's tail. Too bad as that probably saved his ride (with an Indy pole to boot)...I'd like to see Alonzo talking to Roger soon...

Are you taking Helio with your first pick? (@BGinGA draft order?????) I bet he isn't on the board for long...you know I like Brazilians and he knows how to win Indy. I put him on parralel with Al Unser Sr. He is almost always in the hunt.

It is a Penske or Carpenter Car FTW unless they all throw it away. Maybe an outside chance that my rookie Herta shocks the world!

I think you're right, his win and I500 Pole probably gave him some breathing room. He's still a heck of a driver imo. He won a championship his first year with Penske, right? I haven't read anything about Alonzo talking to Penske. Is that a thing? Given Alonzo's relationship with the Andretti team, I would have guessed that's the most likely seat he would go for. Regardless, I would love to see Alonzo driving a full season.

Not sure I'd pick Helio with my first pick. I like to pick my favorite drivers as opposed to the ones I think have a better chance to win. Granted, those two are usually pretty aligned. So yeah, Helio is a possibility, but probably not my first choice, LOL!!!

I agree, Penske or Carpenter FTW, although it's a long race and things can happen, more than any other race. Of the four Penske drivers I'm a fan of three and the fourth (Power) might be the best of them all, although I don't cheer for him.

I think Herta has a chance, but I wouldn't discount some other Andretti drivers. Man, I love this race!!!!

Indy-Field-Pick-Five draft order (random drawing results as dealt in username alphabetical order):
@BGinGA -- Dave picks third
@bsdunbar1 -- Bill picks sixth
@ChaosRock -- Paulo picks first
@Chippy McChiperson -- Bill picks fifth
@David O -- David picks second
@slisk250 -- Mike picks fourth

Draft order:
#1 - @ChaosRock = Alexander Rossi (9)
#2 - @David O = Will Power (6)
#3 - @BGinGA = Simon Pagenaud (1)
#4 - @slisk250 = Helio Castroneves (12)
#5 - @Chippy McChiperson = Josef Newgarden (8)
#6 - @bsdunbar1 = Scott Dixon (18)
#7 - @bsdunbar1 = Ryan Hunter-Reay (22)
#8 - @Chippy McChiperson = Ed Carpenter (2)
#9 - @slisk250 = Colin Herta (5)
#10 - @BGinGA = Spencer Pigot (3)
#11 - @David O = James Hinchcliffe (32)
#12 - @ChaosRock = Ed Jones (4)
#13 - @ChaosRock = Takuma Sato (14)
#14 - @David O = Sebastien Bourdais (7)
#15 - @BGinGA = Tony Kanaan (16)
#16 - @slisk250 = Graham Rahal (17)
#17 - @Chippy McChiperson = Marco Andretti (10)
#18 - @bsdunbar1 = Conor Daly (11)
#19 - @bsdunbar1 = Marcus Ericsson (13)
#20 - @Chippy McChiperson = Zach Veach (28)
#21 - @slisk250 = Felix Rosenqvist (29)
#22 - @BGinGA = JR Hildebrand (21)
#23 - @David O = Sage Karam (31)
#24 - @ChaosRock = Matheus Leist (24)
#25 - @ChaosRock = Jack Harvey (25)
#26 - @David O = Oriel Servia (19)
#27 - @BGinGA = Charlie Kimball (20)
#28 - @slisk250 = James Davison (15)
#29 - @Chippy McChiperson = Jordan King (26)
#30 - @bsdunbar1 = Pippa Mann (30)
Three drivers not chosen = Santino Ferrucci (23), Ben Hanley (27), Kyle Kaiser (33)

I'll update this post as picks come in, and summarize them in a new post once complete.

Last edited:
So who wants side action on who the leftovers will be? :D I'm thinking $5 per correct driver, we each secretly pick any three (so duplicate picks okay), simultaneously revealed to a third party. Might be a wash right out of the gate, or up to a $15 total wager.

Indy-Field-Pick-Five draft order (random drawing results as dealt in username alphabetical order):
@BGinGA -- Dave picks third
@bsdunbar1 -- Bill picks sixth
@ChaosRock -- Paulo picks first
@Chippy McChiperson -- Bill picks fifth
@David O -- David picks second
@slisk250 -- Mike picks fourth

Draft order:
#1 - @ChaosRock =
#2 - @David O =
#3 - @BGinGA =
#4 - @slisk250 =
#5 - @Chippy McChiperson =
#6 - @bsdunbar1 =
#7 - @bsdunbar1 =
#8 - @Chippy McChiperson =
#9 - @slisk250 =
#10 - @BGinGA =
#11 - @David O =
#12 - @ChaosRock =
#13 - @ChaosRock =
#14 - @David O =
#15 - @BGinGA =
#16 - @slisk250 =
#17 - @Chippy McChiperson =
#18 - @bsdunbar1 =
#19 - @bsdunbar1 =
#20 - @Chippy McChiperson =
#21 - @slisk250 =
#22 - @BGinGA =
#23 - @David O =
#24 - @ChaosRock =
#25 - @ChaosRock =
#26 - @David O =
#27 - @BGinGA =
#28 - @slisk250 =
#29 - @Chippy McChiperson =
#30 - @bsdunbar1 =
Three drivers not chosen =

I'll update this post as picks come in, and summarize them in a new post once complete.

Paulo @ChaosRock is up first. Go-go-go...

Yeah Me :mad:

Thank you Dave!!

I'm super torn on my No1 pick. My favorite driver is seating in a Honda. And it's not likely I'll be able to get him with my second pick.

I'll post my pick in about 5 mins... :sneaky:

With the first pick, ChaosRock selects: "THE" ALEX ROSSI

I know it's a bit of a shocker but I'll be cheering like crazy for the guy, so I might as well have him on my team.

@David O , your pick, man... So David virtually has the real number 1 pick, since I'm such a fanboy of Rossi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom