I hate cheaters!!! (1 Viewer)

Billybob1542

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Got invited to a friend of a friends home game, only to play about thirty minutes. The host opened a new pack of plastic cards, and after about thirty minutes I noticed that someone had been tampering with the corners of the aces. I brought it to their attention told them to keep my money ,20.00$ buy-in, and left. I know cheating goes on but never really experienced it. It was clear as day that some one was tampering with the cards.

So, what did you hear from people after you left? Was your friend there? That must have been a pretty big deal having someone call somebody out for cheating and leaving without their money! Did they figure out who it was?

Personally I would have brought up the concern, asked for a fresh deck, and started paying close attention. Or alternatively try to spot who was looking at everyones cards.

Was he Cuban? Asking for a friend.

1627506395084.png

Good call. For $20 it's not even worth the stress and agita. For more than that, though, I'm making a bigger stink and demanding my money back and never going back again, and going out of my way to tell friends to avoid that game.

Good call. For $20 it's not even worth the stress and agita. For more than that, though, I'm making a bigger stink and demanding my money back and never going back again, and going out of my way to tell friends to avoid that game.
So, what did you hear from people after you left? Was your friend there? That must have been a pretty big deal having someone call somebody out for cheating and leaving without their money! Did they figure out who it was?
They never figured it out. They said there was one guy that kept talking about it after I left, it was the same guy I suspected. He seemed pretty shady. I told the guy running the game later on, to tell the cheaters, if they had to cheat to win they need the money more than me….

First of all I want to know how we're aces marked.
I had a case of the old guy marking Fournier during the game, he was using nail to mark aces and duces (we were playing HI/LO). So question is was it done during the game of before.
If that was new deck who brought it.
I would confront the host of the game.
Anyway good decision on walking away.

Now the funny story.
When starting playing poker I purchased 6 decks of Modianos Golden Trophy and put them into game.
I gave a host of the game one Deck as a gift.
Few weeks later he told me funny story. He was at our regular club for a beer. There was a table playing poker so he thought "why not?" and asked them if he could join the game. They agreed and he joined table. As they started playing he notice they played with old Piatnik deck. He proposed to switch deck with brand new Modianos and they once again agreed.
He played good or lucky but anyway ended up a winner (back then we played for peanuts so his winnings could not be bigger than hundred bucks).
Anyway when they finished playing he picked up cards and wanted to put them back into carton box. In this moment he noticed ace of hearts still in the box.
He was so embarrassed that he gave them back money, cards and quickly left the club.

Last edited:
I host a very social game. Low stakes .25/.50. I lay out half a dozen decks and let any player choose what they want. We pass the deal, so any dealer can change decks whenever they choose.

one night, I was the big winner. After everyone left, while cleaning up, I noticea 3D in the card box. I texted everyone and offered to void the game and return everyone’s money, etc. Not sure it would have been exact, but we could have made everyone close to whole I’m sure.

No one cared and we all had a good laugh. Again, we’re talking low stakes.
HOWEVER, I hit the thrift stores and grabbed every clear box I could find. Usually they come with kid’s games or souvenir cards. $.50 or $1 and they’re worth it. They are clear, single deck boxes. No more cards left behind!

Got invited to a friend of a friends home game, only to play about thirty minutes. The host opened a new pack of plastic cards, and after about thirty minutes I noticed that someone had been tampering with the corners of the aces. I brought it to their attention told them to keep my money ,20.00$ buy-in, and left. I know cheating goes on but never really experienced it. It was clear as day that some one was tampering with the cards.
Tourney or cash game? Desperate times we live in when people feel the need to cheat at these stakes.

First of all I want to know how we're aces marked.
I had a case of the old guy marking Fournier during the game, he was using nail to mark aces and duces (we were playing HI/LO). So question is was it done during the game of before.
If that was new deck who brought it.
I would confront the host of the game.
Anyway good decision on walking away.

Now the funny story.
When starting playing poker I purchased 6 decks of Modianos Golden Trophy and put them into game.
I gave a host of the game one Deck as a gift.
Few weeks later he told me funny story. He was at our regular club for a beer. There was a table playing poker so he thought "why not?" and asked them if he could join the game. They agreed and he joined table. As they started playing he notice they played with old Piatnik deck. He proposed to switch deck with brand new Modianos and they once again agreed.
He played good or lucky but anyway ended up a winner (back then we played for peanuts so his winnings could not be bigger than hundred bucks).
Anyway when they finished playing he picked up cards and wanted to put them back into carton box. In this moment he noticed ace of hearts still in the box.
He was so embarrassed that he gave them back money, cards and quickly left the club.
The corners looked like they tried to crease them, but since they were plastic cards they were very noticeably bent. We all watched the host open them, he was mad that someone trashed his cards.

The corners looked like they tried to crease them, but since they were plastic cards they were very noticeably bent. We all watched the host open them, he was mad that someone trashed his cards.
So that was not a brand new deck

I host a game frequently. I always have the deck spread to see all cards when my friends get there.

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_163357.jpg
    IMG_20210528_163357.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 70
Who cheats a $20 game anyways? That's lame. I probably would've made a little bit more of a scene, but good on you for handling the situation peacefully.

Edit: and that stinks, sorry you had to experience something like that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom