As a dealer and player, when do you start break for Cash Game (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I deal and play at my friendly home cash game. I was curious as to when dealer/players have a break? I usually play it by ear. If I notice multiple people start to get up for the restroom around the 1 hour 30 minute mark, then I'll go ahead and call break for about 10-15 minutes. How do you guys approach breaks if you're dealing all night?

Hey guys, I deal and play at my friendly home cash game. I was curious as to when dealer/players have a break? I usually play it by ear. If I notice multiple people start to get up for the restroom around the 1 hour 30 minute mark, then I'll go ahead and call break for about 10-15 minutes. How do you guys approach breaks if you're dealing all night?
You don't need to put any more thought in it than this. I have a few smokers in my game and if they want to take 10 mins after a couple of hours, that's what we do. If there are enough players to play on, we will just deal them out. If not, then everyone just breaks at the same time.

Lotta breaks until the wives get bored and walk off, then no breaks whatsoever, we'll aggressively blind you out when you're in the bathroom.

No breaks unless multiple people are getting up to smoke/eat/drink etc. at the same time, then maybe 5~10 minutes. I deal 90% of the hands, if I need to get up I just ask someone else to deal. But our sessions are never more than 3 or 4 hours. Any longer and I would definitely squeeze some breaks in.

Last edited:
Don’t have breaks. If the dealer needs a break, have a player dealer for him.

My dealer can go several hours without needing one.

We don't break, but we only play for 4.5 hours in a session. The players get up for a snack or drink when they have folded. We self deal. I can see if you are the only dealer, and it's your home game, your house, your rules.
As a guess, a 10 minute every 2 hours would be OK. Just announce the rules at the beginning so everyone will be aware.
We change decks each hour...

We usually break to eat a meal 3 hours in.

Bring your vape and take a cigarette break when you need

Set breaks work great for tournaments. With cash, though....
Imagine your on a real run of cards and having a banner night.and then breaktime threatens to pause your roll...
It's cash. I'd encourage individuals to break when they need. But a cash table should NEVER be shut down for breaks.

Find someone in your family or that owes you money, ask them if they would like to deal. Then you do as the Ferengi...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom