How Many Pages Before Derail? (2 Viewers)

Yeah it’s annoying when he does it too. Whatever, we’re like one big family, annoying the hell out of each other. It’s a very special place.
Hot take: the internet is one big derailment from actual life.

You don’t annoy me, no worries. Then again, I can’t think of anything you’ve ever posted that was even mildly interesting and didn’t in some way involve you yelling at passing clouds.

If you get shot by Belgians it’s time to reevaluate, well, everything.

(Meta derail of a derailment attempt in a thread asking about derailment).
They had to put their waffles down first tho

Hot take: the internet is one big derailment from actual life.

You don’t annoy me, no worries. Then again, I can’t think of anything you’ve ever posted that was even mildly interesting and didn’t in some way involve you yelling at passing clouds.
That would have been more classic Bergs if you’d quoted each sentence and responded to it separately. But otherwise par for the course.

This is good, guys, this sharing. We're making good progress today. Open up and share. As Clayton Bigsby said, "if you have hate in your heart, open up and let it out!"

This is good, guys, this sharing. We're making good progress today. Open up and share. As Clayton Bigsby said, "if you have hate in your heart, open up and let it out!"
Isn’t Clayton Bigsby the same guy who’s final words were “wait, how do I stop this thing?”

See, here you all go again, I'm trying to have a serious derail thread and you derail the thread by posting little jabs at each other. This is for our starts. Next, you'll be knocking over each other's sand castles and building blocks, saying things like "I know you are, but what am I?" Can't we ever have a serious discussion about non serious shit with out getting serious? I'm not sure what I said there, but, it felt right at the moment and I'll defend it to my death!

If there's derailing going on, I gotta get in on the action - at least a little bit! :D

I can't say for sure that I've read all 43 pages, but, I think I have. I started when I joined, visited on several occasions, and usually pick up where I left off. So, yes, I've wasted a lot of time, but, it's not the first time I've done that.

When people have a conversation in real life, the topic often meanders around. Many times it ends up in a very different place than it started.

But unless I'm in a meeting at work, I almost never hear people complaining that "THIS ISN'T WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC AND STOP DERAILING OUR CONVERSATION!!!"

Also...

sidetalk-sidetalknyc.gif

When people have a conversation in real life, the topic often meanders around. Many times it ends up in a very different place than it started.

But unless I'm in a meeting at work, I almost never hear people complaining that "THIS ISN'T WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC AND STOP DERAILING OUR CONVERSATION!!!"

Also...

sidetalk-sidetalknyc.gif
So if you're in a group of 10 people and 2 people across the table start shouting about cats at each other, interrupting the conversation the group is having, you just let them ramble for an hour by themselves?

So if you're in a group of 10 people and 2 people across the table start shouting about cats at each other, interrupting the conversation the group is having, you just let them ramble for an hour by themselves?
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT CATS, I WAS TALKING ABOUT REAL LIFE CONVERSATIONS. STOP DERAILING ME BRO.

But seriously, @Venturalvn, asides and topic changes are normal parts of conversation.

Sure, if somebody in the group starts shouting about anything, on-topic or not, I'm going to tell them to get bent long before an hour goes by.

But that's not usually what's happening. "Derails" around here are usually just small side posts or normal topic changes that happen when the original subject had been sufficiently beaten to death.

But seriously, @Venturalvn, asides and topic changes are normal parts of conversation.

Sure, if somebody in the group starts shouting about anything, on-topic or not, I'm going to tell them to get bent long before an hour goes by.

But that's not usually what's happening. "Derails" around here are usually just small side posts or normal topic changes that happen when the original subject had been sufficiently beaten to death.
freakin' cats.. been trying to get a handle on them
iu

also, words don't make noise..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom