How Many Pages Before Derail? (3 Viewers)

KHarp1

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
After reading some of the latest posts in the "have Chinese knockoffs gone too far" thread i started wondering just how many pages is enough before a derail is justifiable? Is it ever justifiable? I'm asking somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but, also somewhat serious. I know, I'm a complex man-child.

After 43 pages of banter about how entities and people are getting ripped off by Chinese manufacturers, certain vendors from this forum, and, anyone who's ever bought a replica chip, I start to wonder "just how long will someone beat this drum?" I believe the derail, which usually starts as some form of levity to break the monotony, which is taken as a slap in the face, or, an outlandish comparison that draws ire for its, well, its being outlandish, which leads to someone pushing back. Then, someone chimes in eager to get back to the original rant, like double digit pages weren't enough. Is it just the lure of "the fight?"

I believe there is a higher than average level of intelligence here, not counting myself, so what makes seemingly intelligent adults want to beat the drum for so many pages, and, should we as intelligent adults (not counting me) come up with a formula for when to start the derail?

Posting this before the inevitable derail

Back on Track.gif

EDIT: too late

It’s opinions. Everybody has more than they need.

If we were debating changeable/actionable issues and concerns then the tone might be a lot more serious.
But we are debating opinions, and who ever wins that? Might as well have a laugh.

I don’t know. But I can tell you for certain, I’ve never jumped into the breakfast or cigars or knives or golf handicap or guns or bad jokes or the snooty fucking look at my fancy beer threads just to derail them.

Edit - okay, I have posted busch light in the beer thread, so that could be considered a derail.

I don’t know. But I can tell you for certain, I’ve never jumped into the breakfast or cigars or knives or golf handicap or guns or bad jokes or the snooty fucking look at my fancy beer threads just to derail them.

Edit - okay, I have posted busch light in the beer thread, so that could be considered a derail.
Please don't derail this thread by talking about the breakfast or cigars or knives or golf handicap or guns or bad jokes or the snooty fucking look at my fancy beer threads. This thread is about derail posts. Please stay on topic.

In an OT thread then you can never got on topic. In actual threads with discussions, a couple posts is fine, but 2-3 people carrying out pages of nonsense is pointless to even having a forum at all.

I'm fairly certain by now, that thread that you mention has more than enough opinions, but for the sake of new members, they get a chance to look it over and make their own judgement on the topic, and add to the pages if they so wish.

See, here you all go again, I'm trying to have a serious derail thread and you derail the thread by posting little jabs at each other. This is for our starts. Next, you'll be knocking over each other's sand castles and building blocks, saying things like "I know you are, but what am I?" Can't we ever have a serious discussion about non serious shit with out getting serious? I'm not sure what I said there, but, it felt right at the moment and I'll defend it to my death!

Who else, and what else can we thread crap on here? I'm off work this week, I got all kinds of time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom