How do you end cash games (1 Viewer)

sramp17

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I plan for 2021 to start hosting a monthly game. Probably a $50 buy in with 6-8 guys per game. Cash game with unlimited buy in’s but how do you all end the game? Do you just pick a certain time when the game starts (e.g. midnight) and you wrap up the hand and deal one more? Or something else maybe

sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum

Yep. People can come and go as they please, but the host just needs to set a hard stop at some point. It's nice to give players a reasonable heads up of 30 minutes or whatever if not set at the beginning of the game. When it gets there, announce next hand is the last. Cash out, go to bed.

There's no right or wrong way to do this. As host, you can set an end time with one additional hand or orbit when that time is hit. If there is not a set end time, that's no big deal. Most guys will let you know when they are ready to call it. Every group is different. Survey your players to see what they think.

We set a time limit (usually 3AM) from there, we play the last 3 orbits where the blinds are doubled.
Whoever has to leave before usually announces his leaving time at the beginning of the game.

The biggest loser gets to dictate the size of an Omaha flip at the end. Usually 3 to 5 flips to end the night. Biggest winner obliges all flips unless it puts them in the red lol. Usually our flips range from $15 to $50 bucks.

One night I did 6 1v1 Omaha flips for $100 a pop. I think I won 4-2 lol

I plan for 2021 to start hosting a monthly game. Probably a $50 buy in with 6-8 guys per game. Cash game with unlimited buy in’s but how do you all end the game? Do you just pick a certain time when the game starts (e.g. midnight) and you wrap up the hand and deal one more? Or something else maybe

sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum
Now that you've gotten your answer, heres apoint. A cash game isnt a tournament, there shoulnd be a set buy-in, and there are no "re-buys". In cash game, people buy however many chips as they feel like. Maybe 10BB, 50, 100, 200, 300?? If someone gets felted, maybe they are done, maybe they buy more chips and keep playing.

Now that you've gotten your answer, heres apoint. A cash game isnt a tournament, there shoulnd be a set buy-in, and there are no "re-buys". In cash game, people buy however many chips as they feel like. Maybe 10BB, 50, 100, 200, 300?? If someone gets felted, maybe they are done, maybe they buy more chips and keep playing.

I played a cash game a few times that ended strictly at midnight. Pretty sure it was the guy’s wife’s rule. At first I thought that was stupid. But then it seemed a lot more civilized than my regular game, which ended either when the sun came up, or when there were only 2 players left.

Isn't buying more chips to keep playing a rebuy?

In my cash games, we all buy-in for 100BB initially. It’s what we’ve agreed to and we’re all fine with it. It’s still a cash game;).

In my cash games, players can “re-buy” in 20BB increments up to 100BB. Almost always it’s 100BB. It’s what we’ve agreed to and we’re all fine with it. It’s still a cash game;).

Absolutely announce what time you plan to finish if you feel that needs to be established. Give a 30 min or 1 hour warning, and if people are still itching to play announce final orbit! Nothing wrong with that and also all for the finishing bomb pot! Lol

We had $600 flips at the end of the night @Lil Tuna game one time!! I hear the boys in Florida like betting $100 on which color M + M comes out of the bag next! Lol

We don’t have a set end time. We always say we are going to be done by xxx time, but it always comes and goes.

somewhere after 3am we will say one more orbit, and we are very lucky if we only go one more orbit lol.

I don’t ever want to kick players out that are down and I am up, but by 4am I call the game no matter what. I need a few hours of sleep at least to handle 4 kids!

Last edited:
As we approach the designated time, we’ll announce one more orbit, upon completion of which we cash out. There are typically one or two people that have lost their chips and called it a night by then, some would be willing to stay and play, but mostly folks are ready to call it a night by then.

By binking a 2 outer on the river and taking all the host's money.
That is usually really close to the end of the night for sure!! Even if its 8pm!

@krafticus and I shared a table at his place one time, I flopped open ended and bet, he came over the top all in. I am normally a very conservative player and it is known... I called and caught the Ace for a straight. I thought he was going to kill me!! He gives and takes his beatings well, but I still feel terrible sucking out on his made 2 pair. I guess that's cards though, still a bad call on my part.

The problem was @MikesDad was flexing his guns and betting me off hands for the last hour and I took my crappy card playing vengeance out on the wrong guy!!

By binking a 2 outer on the river and taking all the host's money.

years ago I would play on Sunday afternoons with a regular group and it wasn’t uncommon for the host to end the game and kick us out after he went broke the second time.

Eventually some of us realized to just fold of he shoved all-in preflop if he was a short stack. There was more money to be made from the other players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom