How do you end cash games (1 Viewer)

years ago I would play on Sunday afternoons with a regular group and it wasn’t uncommon for the host to end the game and kick us out after he went broke the second time.

Eventually some of us realized to just fold of he shoved all-in preflop if he was a short stack. There was more money to be made from the other players.

As a host myself, I must say that one of the most important requirements is to either be a good player OR very funded

For me that was easy. The bartender closed the bar at 4.00 AM. I had like fifteen minutes to cash the players.
I do belive that you should end whenever you feel comfortable to do so. Host hospitality does have certain limits.

For me that was easy. The bartender closed the bar at 4.00 AM. I had like fifteen minutes to cash the players.
I do belive that you should end whenever you feel comfortable to do so. Host hospitality does have certain limits.
You play in a bar? Remind me not to come play in your game unless I'm having a run of pure blind luck...

You play in a bar? Remind me not to come play in your game unless I'm having a run of pure blind luck...
Do not worry... Not anymore. We played at pool house famous to be a cradle of poker games in Warsaw (especially PLO) Due to the pressure from authorities poker tables are gone. Shame. Funny thing is that we played regular cash game for over 6 years during the times of worst oppression from custom authorities.

As a host I never give a hard end time, I'll play heads up if the last degen wants too. Usually your players will decide

Generally, whenever people are done playing that is fine....even if it lasts until dawn and I went to bed early. Always friends in my house so I never have to worry about anything.

Now post game? There have been days either crying in my pillow early at night or taking my friends out for ridiculous steaks or even fancy brunches if it's an all-nighter and I clean house (widst their money of course!!)

Worst ever for me was a Saturday night before Easter that I was hosting. This was before I had kids thankfully. I played all night then went to a job site to deliver materials for my brothers company for a job that was running over and they would be fined if they weren’t out by Monday. I got home from there somehow and then had to cook for my entire family. I have no idea how I got through the day.

When the game starts to break we allow players to take chips of the table aka allow them to define what they wanna cash out. With the „change“ (usually 10-40$) we continue to play. In this phase again players are allowed to further take chips off the game and so one. Usually game ends then within 15-30 minutes. Some players even say thats the most fun time, for me as bank it definitely is easier to cash out even numbers (50/100/150 etc)

No hard end time.
Usually one or two players will decide it's time to go and we'll decide on a time then or just agree on 1 or 2 more orbits
Often went until 3 or 3am depending on players

We do one hand after 1am, then cash out. Glad we do, because I'd probably play all night, it makes Tuesday a long day the way it is.

In my cash games, we all buy-in for 100BB initially. It’s what we’ve agreed to and we’re all fine with it. It’s still a cash game;).

In my cash games, players can “re-buy” in 20BB increments up to 100BB. Almost always it’s 100BB. It’s what we’ve agreed to and we’re all fine with it. It’s still a cash game;).
This is how I play with my group as well. Initial stake up to 100x BB and can top up to 100x BB at anytime a hand has been finished.

The game ends once the table collectively calls an end to it but usually this happens after a bunch have busted out and we are down to 4 or 5 players. Usually guys are very open about when they are packing it in and we go around at least once before the game ends. Caveat being host can call it quits whenever they want after giving a reasonable warning in advance (which has actually never happened).

Set a time; at that time, announce final round of hands. That's it.

A final round gives the desperate losers a few minutes of hope...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom