Hot Dog Roller Pron (4 Viewers)

In Paris we make hot dogs but with "Merguez" sausages in the baguette bread (y) :thumbsup:

Merguez is arabic & spicy sausage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merguez

This is why the words "French" and "cuisine" naturally go together.
A couple years ago at one of my fundraising parties I found a local North African restaurant that catered these for me. Yum!

This hot dog cooker from the ‘40’s (which cooks dogs by running a current through them) was recently featured on pawn stars. And if you read it carefully, I think you’ll see it settles an age-old debate:
7D6D4087-5AF7-4788-A4FE-39B85261A202.jpeg
8D7103C7-18F7-4FB6-8349-F19BB4624357.jpeg

Found this Olde Midway open box return with shield on eBay late last week for $48 with free shipping!!! Super clean and it looks brand new.

Here is another one by the same seller if you want to try to get one. This one has no shield.

IMG_4368.JPG

$48????

That's a steal... and in great condition!!!

And check out the awesome hot dog basket accessory the lady friend got me for my birthday yesterday!!!

View attachment 155854

Most normal individuals would think hot dog baskets for your birthday is kinda weird, even more weird when they are your favorite present!

Question???
Is the plastic shield useful/important? its an extra $40 basically, and wondering if it is really worth it?

Question???
Is the plastic shield useful/important? its an extra $40 basically, and wondering if it is really worth it?

The shield is glass, not plastic. Important? Yes if someone sneezes or has hair falling out. But, I probably would not have bought one if it hadn't come with the one I found on eBay.

I got the shield on mine but that was mainly because when my wife agreed to the roller she said "only if you get the one with the glass thingy". So to earn her blessing I agreed. Now that I've used it several times I have noticed a little bit of splattering on the inside of the glass, but I'm sure not enough to really warrant the shield. And I noticed more splattering on there when I was cooking brats but not so much when I only did hot dogs. Another negative to the shield is it makes it harder to grab the dogs or brats off the roller if you use tongs. I do use the tongs when moving the dogs around on the rollers but even though it's kind of a pain, no one wants another guys fingers on his wiener.

All things considered if I was buying a roller I think I'd save the money and skip the shield.

I got the shield on mine but that was mainly because when my wife agreed to the roller she said "only if you get the one with the glass thingy". So to earn her blessing I agreed. Now that I've used it several times I have noticed a little bit of splattering on the inside of the glass, but I'm sure not enough to really warrant the shield. And I noticed more splattering on there when I was cooking brats but not so much when I only did hot dogs. Another negative to the shield is it makes it harder to grab the dogs or brats off the roller if you use tongs. I do use the tongs when moving the dogs around on the rollers but even though it's kind of a pain, no one wants another guys fingers on his wiener.

All things considered if I was buying a roller I think I'd save the money and skip the shield.

I think the shield is generally for flying debris going the other way (ie, coughing, sneezing, etc.).

Maybe, but I respectfully disagree. I think it's there mainly to prevent splatter. There's not much there that would block a sneeze. Maybe I'll test it the next time I host a game and sneeze in front of the hot dogs and see if anyone wants to have one. :D If they don't I'll tell them that I've got the "sneeze guard".;)

Either way, I don't think it is really necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom