Hot Dog Roller Pron (18 Viewers)

Now the real question.

All beef, or all inclusive???

I prefer the beef/pork/chicken dogs myself. Not a fan of the all beef variety. They don’t plump as nice. Now, how about the white dogs from upstate New York. You have them yet @bentax1978 ? They are my favorite

Now the real question.

I prefer the beef/pork/chicken dogs myself. Not a fan of the all beef variety. They don’t plump as nice. Now, how about the white dogs from upstate New York. You have them yet @bentax1978 ? They are my favorite
It's all beef for me. Never did like any mixed meat dogs.

Another whole thread could be dedicated to the bun as well. Screw the cheap store brand buns that taste like cardboard. I go for the potato buns made by pepperidge farms.
15171905529241147118890.jpg

It's all beef for me. Never did like any mixed meat dogs.

Another whole thread could be dedicated to the bun as well. Screw the cheap store brand buns that taste like cardboard. I go for the potato buns made by pepperidge farms.
View attachment 149738

Exactly the buns I had tonight, but side sliced - top sliced is just weird :cautious:

Now the real question.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of white hot dogs up here. Maybe it's more of a western upstate NY thing. @derekdd23 @Forty4 any thoughts?

Anyone have any experience cooking brats on one of these?

My Olde Midway hot dog roller in action for the OU/Georgia football game Jan. 1st. Had OU branded dogs and brats rolling. I just sliced the skin on the inside of the curve of the brats to let them straighten out some and they rolled just fine.

Dog Roller in action.jpg

I got the one with the glass cover at the request of my wife. Surprisingly, she thought the roller was a great idea but only if I got the glass cover to prevent splatter. It kinda gets in the way when trying to pull the hot dogs off the back couple rollers, but if that's all I had to do to get the approval of 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' then it's definitely worth it.

Hot-Dog-Roller.jpg

Ha! I have an instaPot. And no shit, like 3 months after I bought the thing, my oldest daughter decided she was a vegetarian. Thanks sweetie. So I haven't used it too much. But yeah, if you needed a shitload of hotdogs cooked in under 10 minutes, that might be the easiest way.
Put eight on a plate like bicycle spokes, and nuke 'em in the microwave for 33 seconds.... if you're looking for easy.

I also thought HotDogRollerForum.com might be going overboard ;)

Never can go overboard. After this passes the SQM test, is there an add on for say...SOP? Do they make a multi level roller? That way the grease just works it way down.

Put eight on a plate like bicycle spokes, and nuke 'em in the microwave for 33 seconds.... if you're looking for easy.
If microwaving a dog (meh) you have to wrap them in a damp paper towel. Still suck but makes them at least passable.

First hot dogs are ready

View attachment 149713

From the looks of it Mark, you need to use lower temp... If your machine is similar to mine, something like a 2.5 to 3 will do...

My machine has been in use for about 5 years... Never a glitch!

I do brats as well, and they come out beautiful!!! Done corn-dogs also, LOL!!!

One of my friends brought frozen cheese taquitos once... What a mess!!

DELICIOUS !!. If you have a Wegmans nearby, they sell them. I always get the for the 4th of July cookouts. I am about the only one who will eat them around here. I like them plain, but a good mustard works well too.

Mark

DELICIOUS !!. If you have a Wegmans nearby, they sell them. I always get the for the 4th of July cookouts. I am about the only one who will eat them around here. I like them plain, but a good mustard works well too.

Mark
I’m from Canada and have never seen nor heard of these. I’ll have to give them a try sometimes. Do they taste much different?

I think the white hots are spicy too

Not the ones I had. They are similar to Weisswurst (a Bavarian sausage made with veal and pork) .. also white in color. I was introduced to the Weisswurst at a friends Oktoberfest celebration, and they are amazing (purchased from a local German butcher/Sausage maker in Northern Baltimore). Another friend had come back from the Rochester area for business and brought the white dogs home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom