So I accidentally bought a hot dog roller... Now What? (1 Viewer)

Daddy N

Two Pair
Reaction score
So after reading through many forums on this site it became quite obvious that I needed to buy a hot dog roller. I threw what I thought was a low ball offer on eBay for a 30 dog open box roller for $80. Well guess what? Then, I needed to explain to my wife what was in the box when it showed up. Had it rolling for the last cash game and we all huddled near it like homeless people around a burning trashcan. Money well spent. The problem was it didn't fit on the small table that I usually put out snacks on. Time to remodel the game room! I had these shelves already, but moved the tv up and put in the cabinets and counter top to accommodate the roller... and then I bought a mini fridge. The cabinet doors are going to be painted black. My question to the forum is what do you think should go on the shelves? No alcohol and I'm not a huge sports fan.

Sample sets? That would leave the shelves themselves bare, though...

Maybe you should have trophies made of all the poker events you've won/placed in. No one needs to know they're fake! ;)

Some framed game room themed art work. Other gaming type memorabilia too.

My son came home sick the other day. In the car he said "Can we put a couple hot dogs on the roller when we get home so when I'm feeling better they will be ready?" #proudparent

I like the art work idea. What other "poker themed" items would go up there?

My question to the forum is what do you think should go on the shelves?
Probably hotdog buns... so you can make hotdog sandwiches (or whatever people who don't know what real sandwiches are call them)

... Hajime

I can only imagine that my wife might take away internet access if I was online shopping for a hot dog roller lol

My question to the forum is what do you think should go on the shelves?
Duh:

Hot dog buns, sauerkraut, and plenty of bottles of this:

But no ketchup. As it is written:

And a chutney or sauce, createth from the red orbs of the nightshade vine, shall be an abomination unto all, but especially on hotdoggeth sandwicheth. So sayeth the lord, in accordance with prophecy.”

Man, this roller thing makes me wonder if I'm going about it all wrong. We cook brats and kinda do a pot-luck pre game. Never fails after a few hours of play everyones looking back towards the kitchen. The dog roller might be a better route

I absolutely hate people eating with their hands then using my cards and chips lol. Pizza, potato chips, etc.

Anyone have good food recommendations that requires utensils? For poker night etc.

I’m thinking chili is a great play. Or maybe appetizers that have toothpicks etc.

Hot dogs sound like a good idea bc it’s not greasy and you hold a bun.

So I accidentally bought a hot dog roller... Now What?

Um, I think horse race game is next. How's your ultrasonic game. Enough TSP? Do you have a salad spinner? Wait, do you have more custom dealer buttons and cut cards than you could ever use? Enough 3DPP stuff?

Last edited:
I absolutely hate people eating with their hands then using my cards and chips lol. Pizza, potato chips, etc.

Anyone have good food recommendations that requires utensils? For poker night etc.

I’m thinking chili is a great play. Or maybe appetizers that have toothpicks etc.

Hot dogs sound like a good idea bc it’s not greasy and you hold a bun.
For my last game I made a big pot of pulled pork with mango salsa and guacamole on the side served in pita breads. Tasty, simple, fairly non-messy and I could prepare everything beforehand, except the guaca.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom