Here is where we rant about people not posting pictures in sales ads (1 Viewer)

Haven't you heard, everything is mint here on PCF.

Dead mint
Mint
Minty
Mintish
Almost mint
Pretty mintish
Chalky mint
AFAIK mint
I was told it was mint
Mint with 1 use
Mint when I got it x years ago
Mint with just fleabites
Close enough to mint
Mint like pricing
Mint if you squint

Mintoid
Mintesque
Mint-adjacent
Quasi-mint
Crypto-mint
Mintlike
M!nt
Mynt

I've seen this a few times. It means the seller doesn't actually have any recent photos, right? If seller already had more pics, they would've already been posted. What's so secretive about the pics that they have to be sent via PM?

Hmm. Counter point: I say this sometimes because I feel I have taken sufficient photos but I know someone could want to see other angles etc. I really am happy to take more pics but I haven't and I won't unless explicitly asked. But I would also like someone take the time to PM me to show they're serious.

I have no horse in this race - but a sale with pics will sell faster - or at least to the first dibs more often - than one without.

Even if I
  • already know the chips
  • have seen tons of pictures of them before
  • am not in the least bit interested in purchasing
I still click into the ad to see pictures!!!

Always a good idea to post pics in a sale ad.

Also, sellers SHOULD NOT delete the sale price and pics once the item is sold! Past sales are very helpful for sellers to determine market prices. Hard to get info if the sale prices and pics are deleted. Just sayin.
Yes, yes and yes

I've seen this a few times. It means the seller doesn't actually have any recent photos, right? If seller already had more pics, they would've already been posted. What's so secretive about the pics that they have to be sent via PM?
Gonna have to also say, that this is not necessarily the case.
I know that every time I've sold anything, I've taken at least a handful of fresh/new pics... However, I also know that there is a chance that someone may want more and/or different ones too... I'd certainly be happy to oblige.
I don't know that (for example) taking 14 different photos of, say, Diamond Jack $5s and putting them in the 1st post is really necessary... a couple... a few.. absolutely, but personally I think that should be plenty. Just don't be upset/annoyed if someone asks for more . ;)

1683405961265.gif

Always a good idea to post pics in a sale ad.

Also, sellers SHOULD NOT delete the sale price and pics once the item is sold! Past sales are very helpful for sellers to determine market prices. Hard to get info if the sale prices and pics are deleted. Just sayin.
Probably my biggest pet peeve when it comes to the Classifieds.

I'll join in.
Hi my name is Ryan, I'm a chipoholic.
Here's just a sample of the chip pics I saved, some I bought.

Screenshot_20230506-172536_Gallery.jpg

I'll post pictures later. Maybe in a couple of hours. And when I do I won't fully upload them so you have to click the out of focus thumbnail just to find the picture is still out of focus.

I also don't understand the security feature of handwriting my name & date on a piece of paper. I live in California. I don't even think it's legal to write on paper here anymore. I can just photoshop someone else's name/date out of their pic & insert mine digitally anyway.

PPFF only!!

On a serious note I've always used my phone while looking on the forum. I've been guilty of canceling out the price & editing the word SOLD over where the price used to be because I DON'T KNOW HOW to put the fancy slash line thru the price like some of you tech wizards. Maybe with a laptop? I only live 500' from Google, I don't work there.

I'll also promise to leave 360° pictures of each barrel going forward with a top & bottom pick of every chip using a macro lens.

20230417_171414.gif

20230214_220950.jpg

Screenshot_20230116-141901_Gallery.jpg

Haven't you heard, everything is mint here on PCF.

Dead mint
Mint
Minty
Mintish
Almost mint
Pretty mintish
Chalky mint
AFAIK mint
I was told it was mint
Mint with 1 use
Mint when I got it x years ago
Mint with just fleabites
Close enough to mint
Mint like pricing
Mint if you squint
Sold to me as mint.

Always loved seeing that one on flea-bitten chips....

Hmm. Counter point: I say this sometimes because I feel I have taken sufficient photos but I know someone could want to see other angles etc. I really am happy to take more pics but I haven't and I won't unless explicitly asked. But I would also like someone take the time to PM me to show they're serious.

Gonna have to also say, that this is not necessarily the case.
I know that every time I've sold anything, I've taken at least a handful of fresh/new pics... However, I also know that there is a chance that someone may want more and/or different ones too... I'd certainly be happy to oblige.
I don't know that (for example) taking 14 different photos of, say, Diamond Jack $5s and putting them in the 1st post is really necessary... a couple... a few.. absolutely, but personally I think that should be plenty. Just don't be upset/annoyed if someone asks for more . ;)
good point. I was thinking of a sales ad that lacks sufficient photos, like one missing a face photo ;)

I also don't understand the security feature of handwriting my name & date on a piece of paper. I live in California. I don't even think it's legal to write on paper here anymore. I can just photoshop someone else's name/date out of their pic & insert mine digitally anyway.
It's not a rule here, but in other online communities, the intent is to show proof of possession. The requirement varies, but the ones I've seen you're supposed to handwrite your username, the website, and a recent date (like within a couple weeks) on a piece of paper, crumple the piece of paper, flatten it, place it partially under the item for sale, and take a photo with the pen/pencil used in the frame. The idea is that it's harder to PS handwriting on a crumpled piece of paper.

I love a good rant - let’s goooooo!

It’s come up twice today - one sale with no pictures and one sale with pictures of only the edges, no faces. Personally, I’m torn. I think posting complete pictures is good practice for so many reasons. On the other hand, we’re all adults here - if buyer and seller can come to terms without pictures, fine for them.

Tiebreaker - it reeks of IYKYK smugness and I don’t like it. Post complete pictures, I say!!!
As far as Jackstraws post about the Dunes 25k, and my comment, let me explain. Jackstraws rep is top notch, but he said he would post a pic, and I believe him, but I can imagine he is dealing with some issues, and he will provide a pic to whomever he sells to. My comment was just reflecting his rep, and the chips in question quality. I did not mean to say a pic is never needed, but that should be an insta buy for the smart person, and naturally they asked for a pic, which is fine and will be provided. I don't think you need to make a debate out of that. My position is pics are always needed to do good business, but if I know the seller, I sometimes skip the pic. I have no idea what you meant with IYKYK smugness

good point. I was thinking of a sales ad that lacks sufficient photos, like one missing a face photo ;)

It's not a rule here, but in other online communities, the intent is to show proof of possession. The requirement varies, but the ones I've seen you're supposed to handwrite your username, the website, and a recent date (like within a couple weeks) on a piece of paper, crumple the piece of paper, flatten it, place it partially under the item for sale, and take a photo with the pen/pencil used in the frame. The idea is that it's harder to PS handwriting on a crumpled piece of paper.

If you can't trust a seller with a great track record then maybe use goods & services so you can have an actual real guarantee?

I strongly feel sales threads need more consistent info. Sales threads without photos are lazy and set a bad precedent. Agreed with @HeWhoWouldPun that we should be more insistent on username and data in photos (I know I forget to do it all the time too but it’s best practice and this is good reminder)

That being said, I don’t think it’s too bad for noobs to have to slow down and research chips. Is it really that hard to find the faces of sunset beach chips?
Careful, @HeWhoWouldPun would pick a pocket.

"Is it really that hard to find the faces of sunset beach chips?"

Well it can certainly slow down their chances at dibbing a sale vs someone in the know. Not only that, as I said in that thread, the faces of the chip make up 80%+ of the entire chip surface, why the hell wouldn't you just show em?

Ive been here for two years and only saw a SB chip for the first time last month. Not everything is noob vs. "snob", there are thousands of chip designs out there, we can't know them all. Well, someone can sure, but isn't it more reasonable to take a second picture than to assume anyone who is worthy of, or wants the chip, just knows what they look like?

If you can't trust a seller with a great track record then maybe use goods & services so you can have an actual real guarantee?
no one's questioning your character here. Just showing why some other online classified have a rule about handwriting your name/date on a piece of paper

I’m ready for some VR chip action…anybody ever try an oculus?

It’s creepy…but wouldn’t it be cool for chip ads to have VR clips…with sounds…

no one's questioning your character here. Just showing why some other online classified have a rule about handwriting your name/date on a piece of paper
Appreciate the vote of confidence! (I am still new here so I get why someone would want some extra reassurance from a newer seller like me) I was referring to a long time member with an impeccably track record. I'm still curious though...do these other sites mostly use PPFF like here? If they do my point is moot.

What is IYKYK ? :sneaky:
if you dont know, you dont know...

I dont pay much attention to ads with no pictures.

i'm sorry, im just not doing that "paper with my name and date handwritten in blood thing"
its awkward, and i didnt delicately hand wrap a million chips by the barrel and anguish over shipping for virtue, I did it for good sales feedback... that should be suffiscient.

this crowd is so foam at the mouth degenerate, we all know what chips each other have anyways... haha

if you dont know, you dont know...

I dont pay much attention to ads with no pictures.

i'm sorry, im just not doing that "paper with my name and date handwritten in blood thing"
its awkward, and i didnt delicately hand wrap a million chips by the barrel and anguish over shipping for virtue, I did it for good sales feedback... that should be suffiscient.

this crowd is so foam at the mouth degenerate, we all know what chips each other have anyways... haha
I think the issue arose when one or more members had their PCF accounts hacked and for sale ads were posted using photos of chips they found. PCF is a decent chip photo resource :)

I guess the account hack isn’t a thing anymore and I don’t worry about buying from etablished members. But I do prefer a note in the photo from the new guys. Don’t mind doing myself if someone asks.

I love a good rant - let’s goooooo!

It’s come up twice today - one sale with no pictures and one sale with pictures of only the edges, no faces. Personally, I’m torn. I think posting complete pictures is good practice for so many reasons. On the other hand, we’re all adults here - if buyer and seller can come to terms without pictures, fine for them.

Tiebreaker - it reeks of IYKYK smugness and I don’t like it. Post complete pictures, I say!!!
I always want to see pictures but I think the people that demand photos annoy me more. I say, let people do whatever they want with their ad. If it sells slower, maybe they don't care. Good for them.

I also agree with the sneaky smugness factor. But I hate how some people feel there's some standard practice that people should adhere to and I definitely support any sellers just flat out being lazy with an air of zero fucks given.

You do you.

Also, isn't there a strong suggestion to put your user name and date in the photo in the listing? Or has that practice been forgotten/abandoned?

I like to look at pretty chips so I find the pictures helpful.

Also, it’s fun to see the handwriting of members here. I'm worried if I go to sell chips people will see mine and assume I'm a psycho killer. And as far as “Standsrd practice “ it’s common sense , which isn’t common among millennials
To me known members shouldn’t have to . Anyone who doesn’t post pics of what they want or have is probably under 34.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom