Hello from the "Other Place" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"meat-ups"
Typo, or some phrase relevant to your locale? :cool:

Meatups... its whats for dinner before you bluff your newborn.

meatup.jpg

Meatups... its whats for dinner before you bluff your newborn.

fair warning, though, if the pot is big and you call after guinness bets his kid, you're stuck with it. and the meat guy won't cook it even if you clean it first. such high standards of behavior are surprising given that this occurs in New Hampshire, but it is what it is.

fair warning, though, if the pot is big and you call after guinness bets his kid, you're stuck with it. and the meat guy won't cook it even if you clean it first. such high standards of behavior are surprising given that this occurs in New Hampshire, but it is what it is.

This is why we shifted to eating before the games vs after.

Yet another example of the ethical superiority of New England. Florida Man would just ask how you want it cooked.

(Medium rare ldo)

And for the record, I've always used meat-up when a bunch of internet friends get together in "meat space" (AKA the real world). But I like the event-with-tons-of-meat definition too.

And for the record, I've always used meat-up when a bunch of internet friends get together in "meat space" (AKA the real world). But I like the event-with-tons-of-meat definition too.

this sounds like something out of a PKD novel.

It appears in a search, but isn't viewable in the relevant thread. Like many posts over the past few weeks, it's in the db...somewhere. I'm still hoping it can be fixed...there's a lot of great content there.

But today the entire Site Support forum, and everything related, has disappeared. And the db itself is screwed thoroughly -- clicking on your user name to bring up your profile yields a db error.

I can't imagine any of the paid sponsors are very happy...

I'm so glad I managed to save all GCOP GB threads into a file. Now editing little by little and plan to make a book out of it for my bookshelf.

the first result returned on a google image search for "this is your home now" is hilarious in the context the PCF/CT migration.

Reactions: xt!
I was wondering where the hell everyone was going to go. Too good a community to just let it die, so I'm glad this one is willing to accept our mass migration.

And I considered changing my screen name, but ended up going with what people already knew me by. Sadly, I didn't think to take "Mojo" when I had the chance ...

Add another one to the list of refugees. Happy to have a new (and reliable) outlet for "the hunger"

And I considered changing my screen name, but ended up going with what people already knew me by. Sadly, I didn't think to take "Mojo" when I had the chance ...

I made a slight modification to my user name, which I'm happy with - and I don't think much will be lost for identification purposes, but now you have me thinking about making another account here.

And, like the rest of you, I have found my way here. Had hardly signed on the old site in the last year. Glad to see this site doing well, and everybody over here.

I made a slight modification to my user name, which I'm happy with - and I don't think much will be lost for identification purposes, but now you have me thinking about making another account here.

You can always use your signature (it's FREE!) to say "previously known as xxx" I assume this is xtwalker? I pm'd you over at "the other place" to make you aware of the exodus but I'm not sure if messages were getting through due to DB issues there.

How did you do that?
I took as many posts per page than possible. Then I just copy-pasted page per page, every thread. I have already done embedding the pictures in the doc-file. From now on it's just editing the whole enchilada.

I took as many posts per page than possible. Then I just copy-pasted page per page, every thread. I have already done embedding the pictures in the doc-file. From now on it's just editing the whole enchilada.

A labor of love. Well done, Puggy. Hope the project turns out well.

the first result returned on a google image search for "this is your home now" is hilarious in the context the PCF/CT migration.

i have been alerted to the fact that this no longer holds true. oh well. it's still in the first several results - the one with the t rex.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Checking in.

glad to see you made the jump, Shawn! and love the avatar.

Has TTTubby and J5 made the switch yet? Their art services have been invaluable to the creation of many custom sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom