Hello from the "Other Place" (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup??!!

Yo! Nice place. Changed names for the move over.

Last edited:
Yo! Nice place. Changed names for the move over.

Can we get a "previously know as.. " signature?

As an aside, I'm pretty sure I just missed my five year anniversary at CT. Was planning on doing a giveaway, but could never get the posts up... sigh...

Edited to add...

I just looked. I joined PCF on the exact date of the five-year mark... (sad all over again...)

At best any more I pop onto CT two or three times a week now, just to check in. I rarely post like I used and I'd guess I'd feel different if I had experienced all the issues some are talking about but I didn't. CT seems to be working fine now -- post counts, replies, threads etc. But again, I just popped in on a few threads. I was shocked by JM's resignation thread I read tonight (Sat).

Possibly this is because I've been around CT so long & was part of it's growth from just a few users to what it is today (or was up to recently), but I think for anyone with at least a bit of CT history, they should check out Ten's post #44 in JM's thread (LINK to thread). I have NO idea what's gone on with Ten, but I work with kids and people whom, for whatever reason, basically choose to ignore "life" because they feel so overwhelmed or otherwise just can't function. Clearly there is way more going on than any of us know -- I just hope Ten can own up & make his amends as best as he can to continue CT. Sounds like he's got a lot to do in order to make that happen. As mentioned earlier, it has such a wealth of good stuff. I wish BOTH sites all the best.
Rock on.
UW

i don't follow CT politics enough to know that much about it, but you guys have an interesting map with a lot of districts going opposite the traditional tendencies one would expect from rural or urban voters.

We had a surprising turnout in NH as well for congressional voting. The areas I think of as red went blue, and the blue areas went red. I think it is the free-staters making the blue area red? Not sure they have enough numbers to do that yet. Not sure why they'd want to do that. Post parties want more control than the free-staters want.

Hey all..

Haven't been on the other place in a while..and then it's a complete meltdown which is garbage...

This place looks nice..just need to figure out how to post my avatar??? - Good to see all the familiar faces to say the least..

Same thing happened to the dealmac.com forums. Everybody got fed up and moved to macresource. Couple years later, they closed the other forum.

The fact that I'm on tapatalk pretty much seals it for me.

I know I dont have the history that most have over on the blue screen and I dont have much remorse for what happened over there. I read all the threads but didn't really have much to add.

I still find it kinda hard to watch as the post count over there diminishes daily. I check in PCF once every couple hours wasting time at work and see tons of posts and content every time; meanwhile over at the blue screen I saw less than a handful of new posts over a 12 hour span.

Its sad really

Here I is! It's amazing what having some kids will do to the years. Obviously then I've been absent for whatever went on over There. Why it seems like just yesterday we were fighting tooth and nail over what the colors and spot patterns for the first non 312 ASM group buy would be and now everyone from CT is here, GPI have dropped the hammer on the home market and ASM (who were here, then gone, then not good, then good, and now back) are the only choice in town for clay.

So where are the Faux Clay nation folks? Still in the basement? ;)

Links liquidated a bunch of faux clays a few weeks ago and had to expend some effort to explain what they even were for some of the newbs.

Updating the group buy thread over on CT feels kind of like spray painting on a time square billboard during a zombie apocalypse movie...

BUMP, i think i officially checked out from over there. I cut it from my favorites list, thats when you know its over

It wasn't until Links' give-a-way that made me realize how many from over there were now over here. I'm guessing even Greg and him mom are probablly lurking here (unless their chipping had completely devolved into the commercial enterprise, and away from the love of chips).

Still on my bookmarks for now. I was over there recently for HoF reasons, same as @Mr Tree and likely the rest of the committee. Yeah, it's a fucking ghost town, but I contributed to a couple threads and even did a little PMing (hey, @abby99!). Agreed with @Poker Zombie's sentiment above which I know was part sarcasm and part honesty.

I still have strong feelings about the way Greg ran (or didn't run) the site and those feelings were only revived when I saw how @BGinGA was treated when he was banned. I mean for christ's sake, if I'm feeling sympathy for Dave in a forum argument, is it not clear that things have gone off the rails? ;) Nevertheless, I think it would show significant good faith for Greg to be a contributing member of both forums. We shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom