hello; from a galaxy far far away ..according to the shipping companies :) (1 Viewer)

Gambit

Sitting Out
Reaction score
hey guys n girls,
I stumbled here while looking for my next chipset, because some places charge usa-croatia delivery 80$+
I have had the classic dice, then got some abs with values, now I am looking for a mid-range set for a tourney style game of 8

Wanted to buy the dunes commemorative but 70$ delivery got me away from apache and most of USA and now im in a dilemma between ceramics and some nicer claysmith.

Welcome!!! I definitely forget how fortunate we are with shipping and prices sometimes and comments like yours remind me to be appreciative. Free 2 day shipping from a lot of the companies I order from on the West Coast (plus Amazon obviously) spoils me. lol I had some stuff coming from Australia and I was like "How long is it going to take and HOW much am I paying??!!?!"

Last edited:
welcome in !!
You can go through the add of clubpoker and Poker chips factory in France , many of the members are PCFer's too , and i gues that teh shipping cost will be lower .... (but anyway most of chips come from ... USA...:D

Some eBay listings for 500 chips have 15-20$ delivery, guess west/east coast

I dream of my first 1000-2000$ set, some gorgeous custom clays :))

..cant speak or write a word of french, found some online stores in uk and germany

Welcome,

you'll figure out soon than shipping cost is cheaper for USA purchases than LV 426 purchases, which far, far away too !

Welcome to the forum. Great folks here who are happy to give advice. You might also consider looking in the classified ads section, for those folks selling sets directly. They might charge less and shipping, then a actual business?

..thanks for the welcome, great forum
lot of good guys that know their stuff, learned a lot about chips from few days on the forum.

Im from Zagreb, but hopefully moving to a bigger country within a year or two, currently on penultimate year on college, usa or uk not sure which one will be the lucky winner :)

great ads section, really shows the knowledge of forum members, ...all ready fell in love with a paulsons pharoahs set, , those colors are magical :) ...perfect .. if not for the fact they are more then a 1000$ out of my price range, but found a great site for one of the options im considering, If i go for the Nevada Jacks i go with http://abcgiftsandawards.com

Im getting around 500 chips for a tourney style game of 8, thats all I know, not even shure on the material yet china clay or ceramic, Nevada Jacks and the Nile club sets have me thinking about taking 8-16 high denomination plaques extra, so the set can be used to play a normal tournament, as well as an occasional 20-40K starting "high stakes" game 10$=10K; students budget.

Read at few places that Nile club ceramic break easy, anybody have same experience?

Forget shipping costs, have any European / UK buyers of US chips faced import charges / tax on chip sets bought and sent across the pond? Does this apply to items bought on this website, effectively a second-hand marketplace?I just bought a small set of Nevada Jacks from their website and it only occurred to me after purchase (fortunately the price is below the threshold at which they might slap on import duty). Obviously many sets here go for several hundred $$$..

Would be interested to hear.

Forget shipping costs, have any European / UK buyers of US chips faced import charges / tax on chip sets bought and sent across the pond? Does this apply to items bought on this website, effectively a second-hand marketplace?I just bought a small set of Nevada Jacks from their website and it only occurred to me after purchase (fortunately the price is below the threshold at which they might slap on import duty). Obviously many sets here go for several hundred $$$..

Would be interested to hear.

Short answer: yes.

Import charges/tax typically comes out at (the cost of the goods + shipping) x 20%

That applies to anything you buy from someone here who lives in the US, if it's above the threshold (can't remember how much that is, approx £100?)

ETA: Just as a note, it's worth bearing in mind that you get charged import duties based on the item cost/shipping cost listed on the packaging. So if you paid £9000 for an item inc shipping, but the invoice somehow only said £30, you'd pay based on the £30 (unless it looked suspicious).

Just mentioning that to give an insight into how it works :p

You could try gamblerstore.de or pokerwinkel.nl.

Both have decent range of chips at reasonable prices and offer fair shipping.

Thanks! I'm new hear and it seems just another extra cost for the European chipper! Hmmm I guess as most payments are PayPal and friends then the value of the goods is arbitrary :)

The problem with stating too low a value for the goods shipped is that insurance will only cover the invoiced value....so that $9.000 set of poker chips that got lost in the mail will only be covered for $30....

And do believe that PayPal also has some rules for using the Friends & Family payment option.....

Yeah insurance is obviously an issue. To be fair, U.K. Vat at 20% isn't horrendously bad, say on a £200 order. Will just have to buy slowly and incrementally... :/

Thanks for your opinions!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom