Hannah's Room - design thread (4 Viewers)

I can't wrap my head around a TRK spot pattern on a BurtCo-era mold.... :watching:
I mean, in and of itself it looks perfectly fine -- but just not on a retro-theme design that is theoretically from that time period....

I mean, in and of itself it looks perfectly fine -- but just not on a retro-theme design that is theoretically from that time period....

I completely get it and I agree with you. Fuck, I hate saying ;)

Someone say

1200px-Bundesstraße_314_number.svg.png

?

Another vote for sticking with 314 and h-mold for these.

I really like the retro lavender / dg arc yellow combo, I think that's going to look awesome. The only concern I'd have is mixing that with the DG tiger chip, especially if both chips have yellowish spots. You'd probably be OK in good lighting, but these two color shades (bright orange and any of the pinkish purples) are notorious for causing dirty stacks. IMHO the DG tiger (while one of my favorite CPC colors) doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the set, at least in terms of base colors. Any consideration for moving to a yellow or canary base for the 1k?

1586010671855.png

I also like the light blue inverted for the 100

1586010927540.png

1586010696065.png

These vintage style sets admittedly aren't in my wheelhouse, so take what I've said with a whole shaker full of salt. :LOL: :laugh:

Another vote for sticking with 314 and h-mold for these.

I really like the retro lavender / dg arc yellow combo, I think that's going to look awesome. The only concern I'd have is mixing that with the DG tiger chip, especially if both chips have yellowish spots. You'd probably be OK in good lighting, but these two color shades (bright orange and any of the pinkish purples) are notorious for causing dirty stacks. IMHO the DG tiger (while one of my favorite CPC colors) doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the set, at least in terms of base colors. Any consideration for moving to a yellow or canary base for the 1k?

View attachment 434017

I also like the light blue inverted for the 100

View attachment 434024

View attachment 434021

These vintage style sets admittedly aren't in my wheelhouse, so take what I've said with a whole shaker full of salt. :LOL: :laugh:
Can't say I'm very good with vintage sets either.

And I kinda don't want this one to look fully vintage. I'm thinking I want it to look more like a modern take on vintage using the bright DG colours for spots.

I want a yellow chip, but overall CPC yellows bother me, whereas I think CPC arc yellow is a legitimately great colour. So I'm very torn, because it means I can't use arc yellow on the 500, because I really like it too.

@BGinGA does have a point about the tri moon and h-mold thing, although for the reason above, im not too fussed on that fact.

I could still consider plain mold too. I've always been really drawn to the plain molds for some reason.
Screenshot_20200404_221511.jpg

Who knew a single spot tourney set would be so complicated. I had an easier time with my motswaris.

Last edited:
Big-time boo on losing the retro lav chip. That would be a required chip in any set I'd be making.... even to the point of moving colors around to non-standard positions so they wouldn't clash.

Big-time boo on losing the retro lav chip. That would be a required chip in any set I'd be making.... even to the point of moving colors around to non-standard positions so they wouldn't clash.
It doesnt have the same pop as lavender does with a DG pink spot. And I really want an arc yellow or DG peach base for the t1000
Screenshot_20200405_121602.jpg

Screenshot_20200405_121756.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm close to locking in these colours.

I feel like I'm leaning towards tri-moon, but maybe plain mold, as I'm still drawn to that mold.
Screenshot_20200405_192331.jpg

314 h mold mock up for comparison.
Screenshot_20200405_192644.jpg

And yes Dave the 500 is retro lav lol

I'm considering a full custom inlay too, rather than copying the horseshoe clubs.

Only concern I'd have using the Horsehoe Club template for your inlay design is the lack of space for the larger 4-digit denominations.

And retro lav/dg arc yellow rules -- there is not enough contrast with dg pink spots. Same with the gray spotted T5000; try going with charcoal.

Slight change of direction. Going to go for more of this style design.
Screenshot_20200406_190506.jpg

Quick first mockup, for layout purposes. Trying to think of something that can replace the horseshoe, which is probably out of place if I don't use the horseshoe name. Maybe a picture frame. Ideally something safari themed, but I'm fresh out of ideas
Screenshot_20200406_212039.jpg

Things have gotten a bit out of control. Mockup #204 lol
Screenshot_20200409_165703.jpg
Screenshot_20200409_174500.jpg
Screenshot_20200409_163621.jpg

Screenshot_20200409_191451.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, wrong thread. I switched the comments between threads on accident.

Was supposed to read that idk if you’ve legit gone through 204, but I feel like it just keeps getting better. Love mockups #3 and 4.

Last edited:
I don't know what your friends are like; Unfortunately for me, only about 2 out of 8 people in *my* poker group care about the chips that are used.
That being said, A baby is not what *I* would want to see on a poker chip. A *CRYING* baby, well.....no.
Please don't take offense; this is just my opinion. If you'd like to make a set to honor your daughter, I think that is awesome. But if you are genuinely here for opinions, show these to your most honest 2 poker playing buddies and try to read them for a tell.
I thought the Horseshoe design was kinda novel and a cute/funny take-off. I'd lean back in that area, sans tears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom