Looking for feedback on design for Tina SOLID set (1 Viewer)

Which colors?

• Total voters

slowplay

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think this might be controversial but I think I'm going for solid Tina's ceramics set.
I've done a full color/edge spot set before and love it but let's be honest, there's always something that we would change. In low light my 1s and 25s have dirty stack potential (although low) and what is worse, the peach on the 100s looks similar to orange base on 25s. That got me thinking and going over options in my head and somehow I landed on a solids idea.
I've only seen solids as fracs and not sure if anyone has ever tried it (please post some pix if there are any, also any baller looking ceramic solids) but the examples of solid colors look really really appealing to me.

Answering the obvious question, I don't have the funds (yet) to go for proper Paulsons, which I'm definitely going to do some day.

Anyway, long story short, I'm torn between two color schemes and would love some input, also on the "inlay" or "stamp" idea.

Option 1:
solids 1-8.png

Option 2:
solids 2-8.png

Last edited:
I like a combination of option 1 and 2….

If forced to choose as is I would select option 1 because of the contrast in chip colors.

Option 2 seems like 3 chips are in the blue/purple family.

If it were me i’d go with white > green > purple > (red or orange).

Good luck! Definitely interested in how these solids turn out.

I like a combination of option 1 and 2…

If forced to choose as is I would select option 1 because of the contrast in chip colors.

Option 2 seems like 3 chips are in the blue/purple family.

If it were me i’d go with white > green > purple > (red or orange).

Good luck! Definitely interested in how these solids turn out.
Thanks! I like the option 1 but for some reason I would really love to have teal in my lineup, hence the option 2

Option 2 may be a problem if any of your players are colour blind in any way. The 1 and 5 are a bit close.
Good catch, never even crossed my mind

Option 2 may be a problem if any of your players are colour blind in any way. The 1 and 5 are a bit close.
Confirmed. I must concentrate to see the colour difference for 1 and 5.
I like option 1 for this reason, though think a bright light green 25 would brighten up the lineup.

Confirmed. I must concentrate to see the colour difference for 1 and 5.
I like option 1 for this reason, though think a bright light green 25 would brighten up the lineup.
Interesting, 5 is bright light green in the first line-up :)

Interesting, 5 is bright light green in the first line-up :)
OMG. That will be the colour blindness again.
To me 5 is bright yellow, 25 is dark green, 100 is mid dark red. 25 looks the darkest colour and thought a more minty green would brighten and contrast against the deep red and bright yellow.

Wish could see what others see.

@drdr I'm going to commission you to look at all of my upcoming custom sets. Thanks for contributing to the forum :tup:

Thanks! I like the option 1 but for some reason I would really love to have teal in my lineup, hence the option 2
Makes sense. To get teal to work I'd go: White > Teal > Purple > Red.

(I'm not a big fan of brown unless it has bright spots...)

Makes sense. To get teal to work I'd go: White > Teal > Purple > Red.

(I'm not a big fan of brown unless it has bright spots...)
Something looking like this:
solids_new-8.png

To be honest, that was the exact first version I've done with the teal, but then switched white to grey and red to orange as I thought orange works best with this line-up

Edit:
Funnily enough, someone already thought of this combo and it does look great together.
Photo from @mattross1313 amazing Nakatomi Plaza Cash Set
nakatomi-8.png

Last edited:
Just flat textured?
This I'm still debating, I thought about that but I think I still like the chips to have some mold as I still like the look.
Maybe it's just me but no mold seems kinds boring, although admittedly I don't think I've seen any plain solids.

This on the other hand looks really appealing to me:
solids_examples-8.png

This I'm still debating, I thought about that but I think I still like the chips to have some mold as I still like the look.
Maybe it's just me but no mold seems kinds boring, although admittedly I don't think I've seen any plain solids.

This on the other hand looks really appealing to me:
View attachment 1237733
Faux hot stamp on the cards mold looks good.
PXL_20230827_012852791.jpg

OMG. That will be the colour blindness again.
To me 5 is bright yellow, 25 is dark green, 100 is mid dark red. 25 looks the darkest colour and thought a more minty green would brighten and contrast against the deep red and bright yellow.

Wish could see what others see.
Below link simulates color-blindness based on a number of factors. I’ve learned to run my chips through there. While I’m not aware of any color blindness in my gang, it doesn’t hurt and has been useful in designing for me.

https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

These tools are cool for normies. Good tip.
/@slowplay sorry for threadjack
No worries, I even had a google myself earlier to see what we're really talking about and used on of those converters to try and see what normies see vs what you see and for us normies this is what we're talking about:
solids 1-8.png

vs
solids_colorblind-2.png

Last edited:
Faux hot stamp on the cards mold looks good.
View attachment 1237740
Of course, been a long-time admirer of your designs. Hell, seeing your pink nickels made me realise pink is a fantastic colour for chips and possibly the best frac. So much so that I've made pink fracs for myself
57111275b1c3fcf93dbfea37d71db827-jpeg.820516
IMG_0762.JPG

seeing them side by side I must admit, your pink looks waaaaay better :)

Of course, been a long-time admirer of your designs. Hell, seeing your pink nickels made me realise pink is a fantastic colour for chips and possibly the best frac. So much so that I've made pink fracs for myself
57111275b1c3fcf93dbfea37d71db827-jpeg.820516
View attachment 1237767
seeing them side by side I must admit, your pink looks waaaaay better :)
You can go brighter!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom