Cards Mold time! - Nakatomi Plaza Tourney & Cash Sets (1 Viewer)

mattross1313

Full House
Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Merry Christmas Folks :cool

After finishing up my THC set a few months back, I fell down the Cards Mold rabbit hole and started working with @Tina. The ordering process was straight forward and Tina was great to work with (aside from the odd language barrier). The longest part of the process was building all the artwork! I was also lucky enough to make a last minute change to the order and use 43mm chips for the $20 chip and Bounty chip.
Already having the THC Tournament set I planned to make a dedicated Cards Mold cash set - as opposed to us miss using a tourney set for the occasion cash game.
As is the PCF way, things escalated quickly and I also ended up ordering a 'backup' tourney set to accompany the THCs. MOAR is better.

The Cash Set
We usually play 5c/10c for a social game, mainly for the beers and banter, but hoping to up this to 10c/25c soon. With these being so cheap, I over ordered on 25c's and $1's to support some small 1/2 limit games - if the guys are onboard with mixed games then I'll no doubt look for a full limit set in the future.

With the movie based in California, it was a no brainer to make the cash set using Cali colours! After plenty of time spent in the Chip Design Tool and annoying a few folks here for feedback, this is where we ended up. Taking inspiration from NCC's I went for a faux hot-stamp nickel chip. The $1 is a nod to Coke Giraffe's. The $5 matches the BTP $5 as it's my favourite fiver!
I know white chips are usually hundo's in Cali sets, but there's no way I'll need those in my game so they became nickels :)

The Tourney Set
I love boat chips, you love boat chips, we all love boat chips! [or at minimum folks love to complain about not getting them!].
Not too much to say on these - The Aurora Star Tourney set is one of my favourite sets but way out of my budget. So a tribute to them was an easy choice for my backup tourney set.

IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1187.jpg
IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1177.jpg
IMG_1179.jpg

One of my favorite Christmas non-Christmas Christmas movies and I live ~20m away from the building. Was just at Century City mall Christmas shopping last weekend!

Amazing tribute! Makes me even more bummed I just missed out on a great NCC cards mold set sale. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

How are the 43mm cards mold chips for spinners? They look great. Guessing that my 2022 chip project will be to get a full set of those…
I don't think either barrel of 43mm's have any spinners (or at least obvious ones). I grabbed a random barrel of 39mm chips and instantly found 2 spinners.
The 43mm's seem grippier, but not sure how accurate that is.

A sight to behold - How much did the new set put you back with the custom design and demoninations - Looking to get something together for a 5c/10c 200bb regular buy in game myself

A sight to behold - How much did the new set put you back with the custom design and demoninations - Looking to get something together for a 5c/10c 200bb regular buy in game myself
Hey, thanks!
I did the design work myself before placing the order, which made things easier. The cash and tourney sets, were around $600 delivered to my door, which isn't awful. Of that, shipping was around $170. They also low balled the value on the shipping forms so I didn't get stung on import duty. That was for 1250 chips.

Hey, thanks!
I did the design work myself before placing the order, which made things easier. The cash and tourney sets, were around $600 delivered to my door, which isn't awful. Of that, shipping was around $170. They also low balled the value on the shipping forms so I didn't get stung on import duty. That was for 1250 chips.
Hi Mattross, Would you be able to help me set up an order using design but changing it slightly to £s and ps - Think I'd be looking for 600 cash chips - Not sure where to start and if there is a fee for homaging your design?

Hi Mattross, Would you be able to help me set up an order using design but changing it slightly to £s and ps - Think I'd be looking for 600 cash chips - Not sure where to start and if there is a fee for homaging your design?
Hey Pal,
Absolutely I can help with this. I can get the ball rolling with Tina for you (who deals with all of our cards mold orders). More than happy to make some tweaks to my cash artwork for you :D I'll shoot you a PM to discuss :tup:

Hi @mattross1313, new PCF user here. I love your designs on the Nakatomi Plazas. I realize this post is way late, but I'm wondering if there is any chance you would still be kind enough to make an intro to Tina for these? In addition, I had some ideas in mind for a "Nit Button" / "Standup game" that thematically (hopefully) complements the Nakatomi Plaza set. I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Hi @mattross1313, new PCF user here. I love your designs on the Nakatomi Plazas. I realize this post is way late, but I'm wondering if there is any chance you would still be kind enough to make an intro to Tina for these? In addition, I had some ideas in mind for a "Nit Button" / "Standup game" that thematically (hopefully) complements the Nakatomi Plaza set. I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Hey, lemme shoot you a PM :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom