Grand Opening - Poker House Austin March 2024 (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Really excited to announce the event capping off our Grand Opening in March out here in Austin at Poker House.

I'm also working on a secondary schedule of events on top of this 200K GTD and connecting with area hotels for discounted rates for anyone traveling.

200k_GUARANTEED.png

I apologize for my ignorance. What does carry the best two bags forward mean?

Thanks,

John
There are 10 flights of Day 1s so maybe it means if you enter multiple times, presumably to improve your chip stack going into Day 2, you can go forward with your two best Day 1 finished…

…but I’m not sure how having multiple entries from Day 1 means as far as how you can use more than one entry into Day 2!

Reactions: JWC
I apologize for my ignorance. What does carry the best two bags forward mean?

Thanks,

John

12% of each Day 1 flight will bag chips and advance to Day 2 in the money.

You can play multiple Day 1 flights and your two largest bags will be combined for you on Day 2.

If you have more than two bags won, you are paid $750 for each additional one.

What is a GTD for the stupid person in me?

A Guarantee. If the prize pool only has $189,00 in it, we cover the cost to make it $200,000 for example.

We have FIVE different rooms throughout Texas hosting 10 flights each, so expecting a big Day 2 (which is why it's being hosted in Austin, the largest of the five properties)

I'm working on securing hotel rates for those from out of town

Really excited to announce the event capping off our Grand Opening in March out here in Austin at Poker House.

I'm also working on a secondary schedule of events on top of this 200K GTD and connecting with area hotels for discounted rates for anyone traveling.

View attachment 1264676
you willingly put dice chips on your flyer? What is wrong with you"!?!?! Looks nice except the red background ;)

Also, just to clarify, you pay $360 ONCE. ANY entries after that (even a different flight) are just $180
I am likely not your target player, but it seems like unless you are 100% confident that you are using language that your target pool fully understands, I think that they flyer needs some help.

I am likely not your target player, but it seems like unless you are 100% confident that you are using language that your target pool fully understands, I think that they flyer needs some help.
Huh, that's a good point. If you want to get casual cardplayers, include a diagram or some way of explaining the 2 bag system. This would turn me off, thinking that people who can play a bunch of days will have an advantage on me going into Day 2.

Huh, that's a good point. If you want to get casual cardplayers, include a diagram or some way of explaining the 2 bag system. This would turn me off, thinking that people who can play a bunch of days will have an advantage on me going into Day 2.
Also, ten day 1’s? Perhaps there is better naming: ten qualification rounds, one semi-final round, one final round.

Also, what is the final % to first, second, and third places? $200k guaranteed prize pool, $80k minimum to first, etc.

Dealer add-ons are optional but you won't get dealers to deal any tournament without one
Well I know that isn’t true because lodge and TCH never have add-ons. They have the view that it runs afoul of Texas law. IANAL but looks like it’d be tough to argue that the add-on isn’t an economic benefit for the dealers. I’m fairly certain the add-on at watauga is what got it raided.

Wouldn’t it be safer just to put another $10 access fee into the buy-in and pay dealers higher down rate?

Reactions: JWC
Well I know that isn’t true because lodge and TCH never have add-ons. They have the view that it runs afoul of Texas law. IANAL but looks like it’d be tough to argue that the add-on isn’t an economic benefit for the dealers. I’m fairly certain the add-on at watauga is what got it raided.

Wouldn’t it be safer just to put another $10 access fee into the buy-in and pay dealers higher down rate?

I can't speak to TCH but The Lodge most def has optional dealer add-ons

In their Wed $30 PLO "freeroll" the intitial $30 all goes to the house

You can then do up to 5x$20 add-ons for bonus chips

IF you spend the full $100 you are allowed to do a $5 dealer appreciation

Then at end of reg another 5x$20 is allowed and if you buy all five you can also do an optional $10 DA there as well

So $245 total with 30 to house, 15 to dealers

I can't speak to TCH but The Lodge most def has optional dealer add-ons

In their Wed $30 PLO "freeroll" the intitial $30 all goes to the house

You can then do up to 5x$20 add-ons for bonus chips

IF you spend the full $100 you are allowed to do a $5 dealer appreciation

Then at end of reg another 5x$20 is allowed and if you buy all five you can also do an optional $10 DA there as well

So $245 total with 30 to house, 15 to dealers
hmmm, that’s quite surprising. Maybe if you’re far enough from the Oklahoma border it isn’t as important

We just had a winner in our Flush Frenzy promotion last night who won a cool $13,000

I was working the room but missed capturing him when he was running around shouting all excited, but did catch him at the table overcome with emotion and then elation as it sank in.

I posted the video to Reddit and it's getting a pretty solid response:

Room looks beautiful. I would def play there. Congrats!

Assuming you’re opening yourself to feedback I would have kept the grand opening tourney simple. Love the idea for multiple day 1s but frown on combining day 1 bags and I know you’re trying to create value w rebuy but keep it simple/stupid.

Room looks beautiful. I would def play there. Congrats!

Assuming you’re opening yourself to feedback I would have kept the grand opening tourney simple. Love the idea for multiple day 1s but frown on combining day 1 bags and I know you’re trying to create value w rebuy but keep it simple/stupid.

I agree, however this was crafted without seeking my input

I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. as well and overall prefer freezeouts or single re-entries and single bag events.

I understand their desire to put a large guarantee on the event though.

I'm working on our list of secondary events and will try to add some flavor to the Grand Opening.

I agree, however this was crafted without seeking my input

I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. as well and overall prefer freezeouts or single re-entries and single bag events.

I understand their desire to put a large guarantee on the event though.

I'm working on our list of secondary events and will try to add some flavor to the Grand Opening.
wish I could be there brother! sounds like a blast!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom