Poker House Austin Coming Soon! (5 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
52 Social has been sold and will be renovated and rebranded as Poker House Austin. This is the opportunity I stuck around in Austin for, really excited to be part of this operation. I've had multiple meetings with the Managers and we have very similar ideas on making the room successful and growing it in this market.

Been working on putting together a team of influencers/ambassadors for the room, and will likely have involvement in social media and the livestream, still need to flesh out everything, currently focused on the renovation of the room.

What's nice is this room has a full service restaurant and full bar, while most other operations in our area are like "oh, you can have a bag of chips" and maybe they have beer/wine available if you're lucky.

In addition, the room is absolutely stunning with marble flooring in multiple areas. Here's some photos of the property, some from prior to the acquisition, some more current, all pre-renovations (plus chips from another room in TX that will be similar to ours)

52social1.jpg
52social2.jpg

52social3.jpg

chips_poker_house.jpg

recent1.jpg

recent2.jpg

recent3.jpg

No specific open-date is set just yet, I know they're trying for December but we'll see how things shake out. I do know they want to have some Meetup Games there with various personalities in the poker world, so I'll keep you all posted as things come together, would love to have some PCF'ers come on down when we do our Grand Opening!

Hard surface floor in gaming area? Feels like that's going to be quite loud.

No, the gaming tables area is carpeted, you can see in the old picture blue carpeting, but that will be removed and replaced, but will still be carpeted.

The marble flooring is by the cashier cage and the hallway that leads to the bathrooms (as well as in the bathrooms).

No, the gaming tables area is carpeted, you can see in the old picture blue carpeting, but that will be removed and replaced, but will still be carpeted.

The marble flooring is by the cashier cage and the hallway that leads to the bathrooms (as well as in the bathrooms).

Very cool looking room, Best wishes !

The Lodge I don't think has EVER offered any promotions to members, but now that they know we're coming into the market they're scrambling

lodge.png

I really wish I could find a card room that did any kind of mix game. Only hold them and occasionally PLO. And even if it was a mixed game tournament. I just wanna play some stud games.

I really wish I could find a card room that did any kind of mix game. Only hold them and occasionally PLO. And even if it was a mixed game tournament. I just wanna play some stud games.

We have some mix game players here in Austin, but lots of wild games like Action Razz 2-7, Clock, Squid Game, 777, etc

Wow yeah, this has come along nicely. The carpet is perfect and that bar/restaurant area is sexy asf. Definitely need to take a trip down here once it opens. I haven't played at TCH Austin but I was pretty disappointed with the Lodge the two times that I've gone.

Wow yeah, this has come along nicely. The carpet is perfect and that bar/restaurant area is sexy asf. Definitely need to take a trip down here once it opens. I haven't played at TCH Austin but I was pretty disappointed with the Lodge the two times that I've gone.

TCH Austin has a nice ambiance to the room, great spacing and just a generally welcoming atmosphere to the design. I've heard many people call The Lodge the "Walmart of Poker" because there's just no passion, no color, no warmth. It's just a poker warehouse.

Still, they are the absolutely dominant force in the Austin market. If you go to Houston or Dallas there are multiple rooms that do well. But overall The Lodge has held the monopoly in Austin for quite some time now.

However, Doug & Co. offering up a $100,000 giveaway for one of their members this month (when historically I don't believe they've ever run promotions for members) shows me they are very concerned about our entry into the market.

TCH Austin has a nice ambiance to the room, great spacing and just a generally welcoming atmosphere to the design. I've heard many people call The Lodge the "Walmart of Poker" because there's just no passion, no color, no warmth. It's just a poker warehouse.

Still, they are the absolutely dominant force in the Austin market. If you go to Houston or Dallas there are multiple rooms that do well. But overall The Lodge has held the monopoly in Austin for quite some time now.

However, Doug & Co. offering up a $100,000 giveaway for one of their members this month (when historically I don't believe they've ever run promotions for members) shows me they are very concerned about our entry into the market.

Poker warehouse is exactly how I would of described it as well. I think a large part of that is also just how large the building is. The ceiling is extremely high up with very harsh white lights. And then yeah... like you said. No color or warmth. Which is a shame because I think the tables themselves are nice.
Screenshot_9.png

Is there going to be a dedicated streaming room like in the Lodge? I could be wrong but I have a feeling their livestream and the quality of their private room (which lets be honest is one of the best livestream rooms) draws in a lot of attention. At least it did for me lol.

Also, any news on whether or not this is still opening in December? I'm moving out of state in January and would love to be able to visit before I leave.

Poker warehouse is exactly how I would of described it as well. I think a large part of that is also just how large the building is. The ceiling is extremely high up with very harsh white lights. And then yeah... like you said. No color or warmth. Which is a shame because I think the tables themselves are nice. View attachment 1240395

Is there going to be a dedicated streaming room like in the Lodge? I could be wrong but I have a feeling their livestream and the quality of their private room (which lets be honest is one of the best livestream rooms) draws in a lot of attention. At least it did for me lol.

Also, any news on whether or not this is still opening in December? I'm moving out of state in January and would love to be able to visit before I leave.

Yes, we will have a dedicated streaming room as well. I heard The Lodge spent 600k on their room, but then they have grey carpets, grey chairs, grey felt and grey walls.........but they've definitely made themselves one of the premier streams on the market.

While our opening will be in January (date TBA) we will have some special games in December on a smaller scale. I'll try to keep folks updated here but I know for certain this one is on the schedule:

christmas.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom