Golf Equipment (1 Viewer)

shorticus

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
Where do all of you golfers shop for Golf Equipment? I’m an avid golfer and I enjoy shopping for golf equipment, apparel, etc. I’m wondering if you all have any sites that are relatively little known but highly reputable and have good prices. I’ll include my go to places below.

golfballs.com (I shop online but there retail store is here so I’m always in there)
Global Golf
3 balls
The Golf Warehouse

Callowaypreowned.com , though I don't think it could be classified as little known.

I've always been a Calloway fan for some reason, I've bought a couple iron sets, hybrids, and a driver from them over the years and have gotten more than a few very good deals. If you dont mind previous years stuff, and you want to swing Calloway, you can get some very good deals. Oh, and the condition they describe what they are selling you is usually pretty conservative. Their "very good" condition or whatever is most definitely VERY good, excellent looks new. One of the wedges I bought was"good" and that was the roughest one I've ever got and most definitely more used than very good, but it's a 48* so it digs trenches all day, I don't mind the use on that one.

Callowaypreowned.com , though I don't think it could be classified as little known.

I've always been a Calloway fan for some reason, I've bought a couple iron sets, hybrids, and a driver from them over the years and have gotten more than a few very good deals. If you dont mind previous years stuff, and you want to swing Calloway, you can get some very good deals. Oh, and the condition they describe what they are selling you is usually pretty conservative. Their "very good" condition or whatever is most definitely VERY good, excellent looks new. One of the wedges I bought was"good" and that was the roughest one I've ever got and most definitely more used than very good, but it's a 48* so it digs trenches all day, I don't mind the use on that one.
I’ve been there although haven’t been a Calloway guy in the past. However, they brought on someone from TM recently so I expect their technology to increase. I don’t remember the exact position so I don’t want to say and be inaccurate.

I’ve been there although haven’t been a Calloway guy in the past. However, they brought on someone from TM recently so I expect their technology to increase. I don’t remember the exact position so I don’t want to say and be inaccurate.

I hear ya, I find I’m most definitely in the minority when it comes to Calloway. I even play their Chromesoft ball and most people who can really play hate hitting marshmallows like that. That’s the thing though, for the way I play golf (high handicapper to put it nicely) feel is my most important aspect. I wouldn’t be able to play any better with any one brand over another so I’ve never been too into the hunt for the perfect brand/club. I play what I play and enjoy the walk.

I honestly think the reason I like Calloway is for two reasons and only one is golf related: 1. A Calloway Big Bertha was the first real golf club I ever swung when playing my first round of golf in high school in the late 90s, and 2. It makes me think of Calloway Racing and the small runs of Corvettes and Camaros they do. :D lol

Golfers Warehouse and a local place (Continental) in Raleigh. I got fitted for clubs there (Callaway X20s) and they’ve regripped them for me since.

My recommendation is to find a place that often has manufacturer reps in who run a days worth of promos - let you hit their clubs, measure your swing, fit you for clubs. I went when they had Taylor Made, Calloway, and Titleist in and my experience with the X20s and the Calloway reps convinced me to get off my Titlelist DCIs (had these for years). No replacement for hitting clubs live and talking to reps.

But yeah for balls and towels and crap I just login to golferswarehouse (or Amazon).

I hear ya, I find I’m most definitely in the minority when it comes to Calloway. I even play their Chromesoft ball and most people who can really play hate hitting marshmallows like that. That’s the thing though, for the way I play golf (high handicapper to put it nicely) feel is my most important aspect. I wouldn’t be able to play any better with any one brand over another so I’ve never been too into the hunt for the perfect brand/club. I play what I play and enjoy the walk.

I honestly think the reason I like Calloway is for two reasons and only one is golf related: 1. A Calloway Big Bertha was the first real golf club I ever swung when playing my first round of golf in high school in the late 90s, and 2. It makes me think of Calloway Racing and the small runs of Corvettes and Camaros they do. :D lol

I play Calloway Superhots - give them a look - still have a soft feel but they come off the driver nice and hot and you get fairly good distance.

2ndswing and carlsgolfland are my main places. I live in Chicago and have a PGASS near me but I don’t care much for it. Never had an issue with either place I mentioned and pretty fair on pricing

regardless of where you buy your clubs and balls... get fitted for both... you need to have the equipment best suited to your game... not necessarily the best equipment... for example, my putter was like 20 bucks that I picked up in Miami... works better than the 200 dollar putter I was using before

I have 18 putters....... Collect them like poker chips. One of my favorites:
592CB7F5-5074-4071-B84C-A99B46D5E62C.jpeg

regardless of where you buy your clubs and balls... get fitted for both... you need to have the equipment best suited to your game... not necessarily the best equipment... for example, my putter was like 20 bucks that I picked up in Miami... works better than the 200 dollar putter I was using before
Absolutely agree. I started building my own clubs about 5 years ago and would never recommend an off-the-rack purchase for someone serious about the game. I always say, “what’s another $200 for a proper fitting when your already spending $500 on a driver, $1200 on ironS or $200 wedges?”

I almost exclusively use budgetgolf.com for all non-club stuff - all my clubs are ordered through my fitter/instructor

use code 15OFFTHP for 15% off one item

Where do all of you golfers shop for Golf Equipment? I’m an avid golfer and I enjoy shopping for golf equipment, apparel, etc. I’m wondering if you all have any sites that are relatively little known but highly reputable and have good prices. I’ll include my go to places below.

golfballs.com (I shop online but there retail store is here so I’m always in there)
Global Golf
3 balls
The Golf Warehouse
I was curious - Have you have tried Global Golf's utry program?

Golf is great, wish I was better! Teaching whole family to play.

Favorite golf channel, Mark Crossfield —> https://www.youtube.com/c/MarkCrossfield

Other online shops not mentioned:
eBay, of course & seller quickshipgolf in particular —> https://www.ebay.com/str/quickshipgolf
Mike’s Golf Outlet —> https://www.mikesgolfoutlet.com/
Rock Bottom Golf —> https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/

However, 2ndSwing & Global Golf (a.k.a. 3 Balls) are my go to shops.

We should plan a PCF golf & poker outing!

(Cobra equipment man, at present.)

I’ve used the callaway preowned site before and I’m actually interested in getting a couple of wedges and a hybrid club but so many different options. I don’t want to hijack this thread so maybe I’ll start another one for feedback.

I will have to figure out where to get my clubs fitted. Would a chain store like Golf Galaxy be ok or should I find something better?

I only play about 5 times a year but recently started refreshing my clubs that are 15-20 years old.

I don’t like ripping a company when I do not have personal experience but everything I’ve ever heard or seen has led me to believe that box/chain stores are probably best left as a last option for fitting. Put another way, they might be better than no fitting but I think dedicated fitting companies and instructors that can offer similar measurements is probably best.

I’ve considered Club Champion but never pulled the trigger on a fitting. The cost isn’t cheap but it’s competitive and probably worth it. But I’ve heard their business model basically double bills you in that they order clubs from the manufacturer at retail cost with stock options and then disassemble the club to rebuild it with spec’d shafts/fittings that they fit you for during the process. So you get charged for components you won’t use and then charged for new, separate components for the actual build. Only objectively good thing I heard is that you have essentially lifetime servicing on clubs that you buy through them. Another good thing is that they provide you with a spec sheet of your recommended shafts/heads/etc even if you opt not to buy from them.

If you go on a day where they’re having a manufacturer day (like a “Callaway Day”) the company reps can fit you for their clubs pretty well - they bring all their own stuff.

I’ve used the callaway preowned site before and I’m actually interested in getting a couple of wedges and a hybrid club but so many different options. I don’t want to hijack this thread so maybe I’ll start another one for feedback.

I will have to figure out where to get my clubs fitted. Would a chain store like Golf Galaxy be ok or should I find something better?

I only play about 5 times a year but recently started refreshing my clubs that are 15-20 years old.
I don’t think it matters where you get fitted whether it be a chain store or locally. I actually went to 2 different shops locally just to see if I needed to have my clubs fitted. Golfballs.com was more thorough than my local shop so I tend to give them more of my business now.

Just hit second swing today. I’m terrible at golf, so I don’t want to invest any $$ until I can hit consistently in the low 90’s ( I have a long way to go). Found a hybrid that matches my old Callaway X2 set for $70. Very happy

Very addictive, like chips. I'm down to two Scotties and three Bettinardi's. Was over 10 quality putters, but have thinned the herd. Thankfully, Scotties & Bettis hold their value. Trying to reduce to one Scotty and one Betti.
When I get home gonna send some pics......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom