Foldable Poker Table Prices Skyrocketed? (1 Viewer)

TheDogg

High Hand
Reaction score
Looking for a foldable PokerTable, and seems like decent ones were $130 earlier, but now I can only find what looks to be a lower quality table at $180 on Amazon. Are prices just up permanently or can I expect them to dip down soon?

I think PCF has been waiting for the price to drop on the Barrington tables for two years now. Good luck

I'm not sure about folding poker tables specifically, but prices have been rising for everything lately.

The world is reopening. People are starting to travel and spend again, demand is high in leisure sectors, and prices go up. That's probably temporary, I suspect things will normalize again in a few months.

Of course, it could also be that nobody was buying poker tables during a global pandemic, and so prices were low to try to move stock. Now that's changing, and prices are returning to normal...?

Hell, I don't know. I bought like 800 sets of chips over the last year, so I'm probably not the brightest bulb in the box.

I agree. I have a feeling that it’s due to COVID shutdown, and supplies (producing and shipping) coming in from overseas being shutdown. It was 2 years ago that I saw those barrington tables for $130. I think eventually price will drop as the world opens back up.

I got my Barrington for like $120 shipped a couple years ago and I think they realized that they were very underpriced, but now looks like they are over $300 and some even want $400 for them. I personally love the table for a quick throw in the truck and take along, but not sure they are worth all that!
20210102_203150.jpg

Still planning to re felt it with purple speed cloth one of these days!

Good luck on the hunt, I doubt they are coming back down unfortunately

Aw, god fucking dammit. I bet prices are up a bit also because a ton of people started playing poker during quarantine

Aw, god fucking dammit. I bet prices are up a bit also because a ton of people started playing poker during quarantine
I don't know about playing poker, but stimulus checks made these kinds of purchases easier for the average person.

Still planning to re felt it with purple speed cloth one of these days!
ben, you gotta get on that. speaking from experience, that OG barrington felt is HORRENDOUS. your amazing chip collection is cringing.

Thanks for the responses.

At this point I'm considering spending a little more and getting this: https://www.target.com/p/barrington...0-player-poker-table/-/A-79858020#lnk=sametab

Is it much better than the regular Barrington/ the cheapo tables? It's in stock at least whichi s a plus over the regular barrington

those rails look like a significant upgrade over the normal barrington rails, which are serviceable but pretty chintzy. i can't speak for the playing surface, but i am guessing the speed cloth upgrade (very well detailed here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/) will still be worth it.

Ok it looks like the legs are a lot thicker as well, and the plywood is thicker too. I'm thinking hard about it. I think it's either this table or if something better comes up on craigslist.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the Barrington tables for the last year or so. Unfortunately, the prices have been up for a while now. I picked one up in 2019 for under $150 if I recall. The pandemic definitely had an effect on prices. Hoping to see prices come down gradually as the world returns to some sense of normalcy (whatever that may be).

Lumber and plywood are like 3x at the moment.

FWIW I frequently see Barringtons pop up locally on OfferUp

Just checked Offerup, these people are like "let's look at what it costs new now, then add $100"

There's a decent table on craigslist but it's far away

I ordered the Barrington Table from Amazon. It was damaged in shipping and never made it to my house. I was refunded. I then ordered the same table from Home Depot. It was delayed during shipping for several days. When I went to pick it up, I asked customer service the procedure if it was damage. They said I would get refunded. So, I asked them to open the box ("what's in the box?!?" - old movie reference). Well, vinyl was slashed along the radius of the table and the bottom was damaged. I was then refunded the $320 and some odd dollars.

So, that pretty much cemented my decision to build one. Rough cost was around $460 to build (BYOPT).

Attachments

• IMG_3962.jpg
    IMG_3962.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 85
Facebook marketplace is the place to shop for tables....every month from the 21st to the 31st the deals and option grow. Unless you are set on something specific in my exp 1-2 months of watching will net you some nice options for 10-50% of new and often in top shape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom