First Table Build - Tools Needed? (2 Viewers)

Layout installed and trimmed!!!

Legs arrive Monday.

Almost done!!

5409FE64-E672-48D5-820B-EEE0F4444ADD.jpeg
322DC4F5-40C8-48CC-B1AB-E004C3DE408E.jpeg
2D88B4A6-8CF6-4223-AF77-D20E49AB0CB6.jpeg

Made some Hafele leg templates, so I know where NOT to put screws on future builds.

I feel like I got lucky on this go ‘round, and just wanna be smart on the next one.

590F5EE3-121C-4F2B-B680-E803CDCF759B.jpeg

Last cell phone pic... promise!

I was thinking about protection for the rail or felt but then I realized that any protection would probably cost more than just replacing the suede/leather/speed cloth. Unless it's a custom printed felt, I'd not worry too much about it as you can change for new with a little effort and $50 in materials.

looks great! how did laying the felt go? any tips? going to replacing some speed cloth with gaming suede soon

There are definitely a lot of things I learned about installing the felt that I kind of figured out on the fly...

1. Watch this video by @T_Chan, it is VERY helpful!

2. Layout your gaming surface with the table fully setup and staple down into the TOP of your table. For the majority of configurations, there is absolutely no need to wrap/staple the gaming fabric underneath the table, like a lot of older YouTube videos show.

3. Be VERY careful when going back and forth between spraying adhesive and manipulating the felt - you can very easily transfer over-sprayed adhesive from your hands onto to the gaming surface, which will ruin it or leave stains/marks!

4. If your gaming suede arrives to you folded, make sure you apply enough adhesive at those areas for the bumps/folds to lay flat! I had to pull staples and lift my felt at one point to put more adhesive down, because I noticed one of the fabric folds kept bubbling up.

5. Repeat of warning #3!! If you get adhesive on your hands and then spread out the felt, you will mess up your brand new gaming suede with glue!! Either use gloves when spraying and then take them off when spreading the felt (like Chanman does in his video), or just be very diligent at washing your hands regularly during install!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom