Ethereum crash coming (3 Viewers)

So in a conversation last night about private keys, I found that a few people didn't know their google authenticator(2FA) had private keys for each website\app they used to log into. Please make sure you write down the private keys to your coinbase google authenticator code and any other coin site you use. Lock those codes up as you would your wallet private keys.

So for all those who mine ethereum or did mine it, are you are aware of the April 1st hashrate shit to ethermine.org. This is not a hostile attack on the network but a show of force in unity for miners. Its main purpose is too shoe the core developers in their ignorance\stubbornness to pay as little as possible to secure ethereum's network is well within the risk boundary on making changes to the monetary structure for ethereum. Remember this happened to ETC 2 or 3 times cant remember exactly. May the battle of the bastards begin......or is the red wedding a better analogy. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Who thinks were approaching the 3rd peak of a crypto bull market. The BTC data definitely show 2 solid peaks as in previous bull runs, if so get ready for a new BTC ATH and then we see if how soon 75k will break or not.

yes but its full record it says transfer eth from address A to address B to address c. The entire history is traceable and the "ledger" is proven at many different locations to be true or false. you can go to etherscan.io put in a address and see every rx\tx transaction of that address or you can put in a transaction # and see all the address and amounts in that transaction.

For this reason blockchain is only at the forefront of its possibilities. A voting blockchain one address one vote per election, A house blockchain all permits all owners, a medical blockchain,
Yeah I know, and I believe this is what requires CPU power as well, right? (In addition to mining.)
So for all those who mine ethereum or did mine it, are you are aware of the April 1st hashrate shit to ethermine.org. This is not a hostile attack on the network but a show of force in unity for miners. Its main purpose is too shoe the core developers in their ignorance\stubbornness to pay as little as possible to secure ethereum's network is well within the risk boundary on making changes to the monetary structure for ethereum. Remember this happened to ETC 2 or 3 times cant remember exactly. May the battle of the bastards begin......or is the red wedding a better analogy. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I'm completely oblivious to any drama here. What's the conflict and what's the consequences of the "hashrate shit" that will hit the virtual fan?

1st :Yes it does add to the weight of the block chain but its more about the complexity of the algorithm that reuires and burns CPU power

2nd: It is a display of potential hazard, miners will show that a brute force can centralize and attack the network. Now this does not mean miners will attack the network. However if you make the moentary rewards flexiable and drop the rewards miners leaving the network will allow others to brute attack the network with little validation. Now of course as the price of eth rises even if rewards are dropped miners will accept the difference for they can still earn. Now if the price of eth drops and rewards are dropped, the amount of proof work will be held up and brute force hacking is on the way. This happened to ethereum classic a few times. To simply state it, The Eth Core Developers are saying the titantic is unsinkable, miners are screaming ICEBERG!!!!

who thinks BTC is starting its 3rd peak run? As in previous bull runs there has been typically 3 peaks, and we all know everything tracks BTC, hopefully Ethereum politics dont stumble and choke its rise.

rising3rd peak btc.JPG

Got my Trezor1 set up with back up, transferred Eth to it, tossed it in drawer, hid the backup and ready for HODL.

This means that in 3 years or so, it will be completely wiped from memory. In 10 years when there's news of it reaching record high numbers due to Musk finding massive gold ore on Mars de-evaluating gold or something, I will suddenly remember that I have it. Realize that I tossed the trezor because I had no idea what it was, and have no recollection of where I hid the back-up cards and probably threw it away when moving. This will me turn me unbelievable bitter and salty, hating the world. Thanks for nothing!

@Lemonzest if you don’t mind me asking with you using the ShakePay app any pros/cons you’ve noticed?

Only complaint could be the fees. I don't know if there is a cheaper way with other apps/services. It works well for what I want to do which is get money from my bank into crypto and sometimes going back to my bank. You can also easily buy/sell between cash and various cryptos. The user interface is really good.

So overall I like it and it does what I want. I would only switch if there was a significantly cheaper option with better spread and lower fees.

Reactions: J93
Only complaint could be the fees. I don't know if there is a cheaper way with other apps/services. It works well for what I want to do which is get money from my bank into crypto and sometimes going back to my bank. You can also easily buy/sell between cash and various cryptos. The user interface is really good.

So overall I like it and it does what I want. I would only switch if there was a significantly cheaper option with better spread and lower fees.
I’ve actually been doing a ton of research lately to see where I can diversify and expand but it’s pretty tough for us Canadians(I’m currently using Coinsquare but it’s really restrictive in what I can purchase & has 1 or 2 features at best that makes it decent). There’s one link where I found just last night of a Canadian blogger who compared all the “Cheapest Crypto Exchange for Canadians” and he mentioned switching from ShakePay to Newton due to a big difference in fees & he pairs it up with Binance (it’s pretty well broken down). But the problem with all of these is a lot of what I want to diversify into(Alt coins,etc) is not available and on top of that even the biggest crypto sites don’t offer everything in one.

If you read the notes, Christies will only accept payment from 4 specified platforms. Meaning you cant send directly from your trezor or your own ether wallet. I can understand this when dealing with 69M but I am not sure I agree with it. A valid wallet is a valid wallet, i wonder if it has to do with taxes or american law.

@J93 have you considered metamask, not for cold storage but to use for swapping. But yes countries are choking citizens chance to explore financial investments in the name of our security. Honestly i can agree with both sides of that argument, some protection is required as in the last scam that took 39 million in crypto.

I’ve actually been doing a ton of research lately to see where I can diversify and expand but it’s pretty tough for us Canadians(I’m currently using Coinsquare but it’s really restrictive in what I can purchase & has 1 or 2 features at best that makes it decent). There’s one link where I found just last night of a Canadian blogger who compared all the “Cheapest Crypto Exchange for Canadians” and he mentioned switching from ShakePay to Newton due to a big difference in fees & he pairs it up with Binance (it’s pretty well broken down). But the problem with all of these is a lot of what I want to diversify into(Alt coins,etc) is not available and on top of that even the biggest crypto sites don’t offer everything in one.

Just m2c. ETH and BTC are legit. Everything else is shitcoins at the moment. Tech is only one part of the equation. To have value there needs to be adoption and I only see real adoption of ETH and BTC on the horizon.

@TeamNapoli I’ve never heard of metamask & I will definitely look into it. Does it let me exchange for any coin?(Pros/Cons). For example I want to expand into Cardano, Uniswap, Flow, Enjin, etc the latter two with is related to the NFT you guys are discussing I believe but I could be wrong and please do correct me if I am.(That market though I believe will only go up over time for NFT). I’m still fairly new to the Crypto world but I watch certain youtubers/ read information online as much as I can (when I have the time) & this forum definitely helps as I want to continue to invest but I want to make sure I do all my research before I pull the trigger and find the best fit and make sure everything clicks and is put into place before I put a big investment into those currencies I mentioned above and many more.

Just m2c. ETH and BTC are legit. Everything else is shitcoins at the moment. Tech is only one part of the equation. To have value there needs to be adoption and I only see real adoption of ETH and BTC on the horizon.
That's all I've bought too, except I got ~1100 BAT coins at $0.61/ea because they are tied to the Brave browser, which I think is a neat concept. And I have fully transitioned to that as my main browser.
Already up to $0.81 today (high was ~$0.88 yesterday) but I agree, there seems to be a lot of 'flotsam and jetsam' out there in the Crypto sea...... ;)

@TeamNapoli I’ve never heard of metamask & I will definitely look into it. Does it let me exchange for any coin?(Pros/Cons). For example I want to expand into Cardano, Uniswap, Flow, Enjin, etc the latter two with is related to the NFT you guys are discussing I believe but I could be wrong and please do correct me if I am.(That market though I believe will only go up over time for NFT). I’m still fairly new to the Crypto world but I watch certain youtubers/ read information online as much as I can (when I have the time) & this forum definitely helps as I want to continue to invest but I want to make sure I do all my research before I pull the trigger and find the best fit and make sure everything clicks and is put into place before I put a big investment into those currencies I mentioned above and many more.

Metamask is a wallet that sits on your browser, it has been around and proven to be realiable. Now you can get uniswap on metamask because metamask uses uniswap to swap coins and you can change the network and use pancake if you want. You can also add a binance wallet to your metamask and trade on thier network. In my humble opinion and where i put some cash into (not saying you should, just what i did) and support uniswap and cadano. Full disclosure i sent eth to uniswap during fund raising campaign and received an airdrop of the coin and then picked more up. If you like ethereum then cardano ADA is a no brainer. I cant speak upon flow and enjin for i know nothing of these projects, i am almost certain the plant that sits on your desk knows more than me :D

Also i dont know your country laws, right now binance network is off limits to americans, so you should check. I mean you can still get on the network just a few added steps. But if something goes wrong and your country is not permitting the exchange then you will have no legal action to take.

Can someone ELI5 NFT to me? I read about it a bit and understand it is a way for people to sell art but I don't really get it.

I am going to give it my best effort, but warning my wife says i cant teach to save my life. I will be discussing nft on ethereum network but all networks pretty much follow this.

a fungible asset is when you have two assets than can be interchanged with each other at any time. For instance you can change 1 dollar with anyone who has one dollar or 5 dollars with anyone that has 5 1 dollar bills, one btc = one btc and etc. so a fungible asset is basically equal assets or interchangeable assets

non fungible asset is when you have two assets that are not interchangeable such as a Tom Brady Rookie card is not equally transferable with a Brian Bosworth rookie card or you cant exchange a Ferrari 420 for a Pontiac Fierro. Also these assets are perceived value assets

a NFT is a digital representative of a unique asset that can not be swapped for another unique asset in different platforms

so what if a developer designed a race car for a video game, its a one of kind car for the game and you purchase this car in the game use it and want to now sell the car. You can not list it on craigs list or eBay or amazon. But now the developer designed the car and tokenized it into a NFT, the person who purchased the NFT can put in the address in the video game race the car and when bored can resell the nft to another player who will then use the address to use the car in the game. now if a different game with the same rules (smart contract) is more popular you can transfer the NFT to that game

So how do NFTs accomplish transferring these unique assets\tokens? This is done mainly via the Coordination Layer of the protocol\platform. the coordination layers consists really of these 5 concepts Standardization, Interoperability, Tradability, Liquidity, immutability and programmability

Standardization: this allows assets of different platforms to co exist on a common platform(ethereum). The platform dictates the rules of ownership, access and control via smart contracts. there are 3 standards used for this:

ERC721 - who here remembers Crypto Kitties. thats right those stupid kittens developed this standard which mainly allows the creation of tokens with different values

ERC999 - this standard allows the bundling of ERC 721 tokens. Remember the car we spoke about, so the developer created a token for the body of the car, the engine, and one for the transmission. ERC999 would give the developer the power to combine the three tokens into one token and sell it as a car. Or say one developer purchased the paint token from one developer, engine from another and the transmission from yet another developer. Then the developer now has the power to combine these 3 tokens into a new token or NFT and sell a car to video game players.

ERC1155- this standard allows the transference of Fungible assets and non fungible tokens from the same smart contract. Here is where one can take a house and tokenize it to sell it or rent it. I will own this NFT from june 30th till july 8th, when contract expires the NFT is transferred back to the "owner".

Interoperability: Since tokens operate under the same standards on the same network. This allows the NFTs to be exchanged through different nodes on the network and viewed by the entire network.

Tradability: very simple assets can be traded and exchanged

Liquidity: The liquidity of the NFT must be fast tradability or high liquidity. Basically an asset can be turned around quickly for a sale\exchange.
I
Immutability: This is the ledger aspect of an NFT....Basically no one can change the smart contract rules. Example here.. now you can buy a private domain name for your wallet. SAy you calll your wallet ETH2MOON. once you buy this NFT (domain name) no one can ever redirect it or shut it down. you are root!!

Programability: the creation of smart contracts that exist on other smart contracts or the bonding of smart contracts

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
a NFT is a digital representative of a unique asset that can not be swapped for another unique asset in different platforms

Holy Crap that wasn't ELI5 :)

So with the race car example. The race car exists inside a video game. Is the NFT basically registration or proof of ownership? So whoever owns the NFT can then use the car? The NFT basically determines who owns the asset?

In the physical, non digital world possession is 9/10ths of the law. With NFTs if you own the token then you own the asset - right?

yes teh NFT will have all the rules of the contract, ownership, use of, history of ownership etc
imagine buying a NFT with with previous ownership bill gates, steve jobs, elon musk....that alone increases the value of the NFT
yes NFT is a token you own

Now a new standard in development will be the next big thing and it will deal with royalties and that will open the flood gates and be a game changer......
Imagine a singer bypasses her label company and wraps her song into a NFT. Every time the NFT is used she gets the royalties direct, every time the song is sold or streamed she gets direct royalties...no longer having to trust the studios accounting firm and then pay a accountant to audit thier records to make sure you got your fair deal.

movies, an nft can expire in 3 days for rental or you can buy unlimited viewing

another possibility
I live in NYC but have a beach house in California, i wrap rental contract in an nft and any one in the US can can buy the time elapsed token(NFT). That individual has the token on his trezor. Goes to the house uses his trezor to unlock the security and has access to the house for rented period

So why will NFTs become huge, i think companies know this is a disrupting technology, AIRBnB, record companies, gaming companies, auto rental truck rental companies, . I see stadiums bypassing ticketmaster, crack down on scalpers. Your medical records can be a NFT and you will have them all the time. A car can be a NFT in the nft history of ownership , maintenance record mileage etc. The possibilities are endless in real world applications

what if your grand children start using NFT emojis in tier text

Imagine a countries government putting their entire spending budget in an nft, where any citizen can see where every dollar is spent. Ok OK that will never happen but we can imagine....lol

Now opensea seems to be getting market share right now and have loads of nfts and information a good place to explore some more
https://opensea.io/

thats the Christopher Columbus attitude, just sail east we will find something....jk

Just remember NFTs ar ein the early stages of development tred careful, for instance I am not paying 30 eth for cyber punks.

Seriously do this, as you would do with all your software and alexis equipment....go through the setting the default setting is everything on almost anything , so make sure you select options were it limits access to your information and can use it only when your run it. All tech is guilty of spying and recording info to sell to 3rd parties.

Does anyone know a fast way to get cash into MM? With coinbase, there's a 5 day hold on transferring funds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom