What's your favorite crypto right now and why? (1 Viewer)

steam

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Curious to see what cryptocurrency everyone is looking at and why!

Am personally bullish on Ethereum in the long run.
- It's moving from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake model
- All the main DeFi (Decentralized Finance) activity is happening on Ethereum
- Currently has over $58 billion of total value locked on the network in DeFi

1622444612537.png

However, I still believe Crypto is highly speculative at the moment and it will take 5 - 10 years for it to reach its true potential.
It will take time as more infrastructure is being built out and for better regulations to get established.
Till then, crypto is a super volatile asset class.

PS: If anyone is looking to sell pretty THC chips for USDC or USDT stablecoin please PM me

ETH has smart contracts that people use, in production, securely, at scale, right now. It's useful for transacting, not just storing value. Bullish

ADA is my top of the food chain. By the end of the summer it will be able to do everything ETH can do but as PoS instead of PoW which will save a shit ton of money in gas fees.

I also like BNB, staking it earns double digit returns that are paid daily!!!! Using it to pay your fees on Binance.US gets a 25% discount as well.

Last edited:
ADA is my top of the food chain. By the end of the summer it will be able to do everything ETH can do but as PoS instead of PoW which will save a shit ton of money in gas fees.

I also like BNB, staking it earns double digit returns that are paid daily!!!! Using it to pay your fees on Binance.US gets a 25% discount as well.

No VET? Hiphop has been peddling VET and ADA forever.

ADA for me too, ETH and XLM are my other workhorses. But ADA is my main choice.

Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).

Why?

AES uses “symmetric” key encryption. Someone on the receiving end of the data will need a key to decode it.

Missed out on the crypto flash sale, would’ve loved to pick up more SOL, ETH, and maybe ONE

ADA wouldn’t been nice too but my other bags are smaller

If I had a spare $100K laying around :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:, and bought 470 Solana things on Tuesday, I would have made almost $13K in 3 days??

Just starting to dabble into crypto by creating my own NFT works... @One Eyed Dollar told me at the beginning of the year that I was "leaving money on the table" by not selling my pieces as NFTs, so I finally decided to get my shit together and saddle up. All of my work resides on the Ethereum blockchain (for now). The gas fees suck, but it seems to be the primary player for NFTs right now.

Polygon has lower gas fees but people claim it is "less secure"?

I'm fairly new to all this stuff and learning as I go.

Following this thread...

Just starting to dabble into crypto by creating my own NFT works... @One Eyed Dollar told me at the beginning of the year that I was "leaving money on the table" by not selling my pieces as NFTs, so I finally decided to get my shit together and saddle up. All of my work resides on the Ethereum blockchain (for now). The gas fees suck, but it seems to be the primary player for NFTs right now.

Following this thread...
You got a $100K to lend me, I think I'm onto something.

Following this thread...
I know just enough to be dangerous to myself but most of what you said is Martian. What "pieces" are you selling? What "NFT works" are you creating?

Overall, relative to Crypto, I am very confident that most of the "coins" will not be around in 10 years, and that it will be a cold day in hell (or an extremely warm one on earth) when the central banks give up the current monetary system.

@justsomedude yeah the ETH gas fees are ridiculous.

I have 10k of an ERC-20 token just sitting on a CEX because I don’t want to pay the gas fees to transfer to my wallet.

Hate letting it sit there though

I know just enough to be dangerous to myself but most of what you said is Martian. What "pieces" are you selling? What "NFT works" are you creating?

Overall, relative to Crypto, I am very confident that most of the "coins" will not be around in 10 years, and that it will be a cold day in hell (or an extremely warm one on earth) when the central banks give up the current monetary system.

Just works from my photo portfolio that have never been released. I convert the RAW file to JPG (after some processing), and then add them to my collection on OpenSea.io. It's a small collection as of now, but I'm working diligently to build it out.

As for the future of crypto-currency, I really have no idea. But I'm sure it's not being missed by most govts that there is a permanent history/ledger of all transactions. Yes, they are anonymous -- for now -- but you hit just one switch, and you know who spent how much, when, and to whom.

That's pretty damn convenient for taxation purposes. And my conspiracy-minded brain tells me, "they wouldn't let us do this for so long if they didn't intend to make money off it." The US may not adopt bitcoin or Ethereum as a legal tender, but I could see them launching some sort of crypto currency in the future. The tracking/monitoring capabilities are just too good to be true.

Reactions: BNM
That's pretty damn convenient for taxation purposes. And my conspiracy-minded brain tells me, "they wouldn't let us do this for so long if they didn't intend to make money off it." The US may not adopt bitcoin or Ethereum as a legal tender, but I could see them launching some sort of crypto currency in the future. The tracking/monitoring capabilities are just too good to be true.
Yes, there's a future in the technology. Maybe the 2.0 or 3.0 versions that don't take all the Sun's energy to run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom