Non-Official Cryptocurrency Thread (1 Viewer)

L3urntout

Two Pair
Reaction score
Someone made a good point that the "Bitcoin Crash" thread was just becoming a general crypto-thread

figured I would kickstart a more general thread.

DeFi has been going on an absolute tear recently.

UNI/SUSHI/UMA/COMP/AAVE/MKR/BAO all going on 50-100%+ upswings... truly ALT SZN

I actually just liquidated all my Non BTC/ETH into USDC this morning when the gas was dang 300+ gwei with my paper-ass hands but really wanted secure some gains with this legendary run. Paid 1k in fees to unwrap my liquidity positions and swap...

Now I'm deleveraged to only 72% crypto... what should I ape into? I'm not feeling risky enough :whistle: :whistling:

If you saw some of my trades the last few days you’d do something irrational on my behalf. I’ve had a terrible habit of thinking to myself “maybe I should close this position,” getting intoxicated, opening FTX to see my PnL got better since I last checked, saying “screw it diamond hands” and waking up underwater. At which point my diamond hands tend to turn into paper hands lol

That being said, it’s a bull market brother we take the bears and step on their throats. I’ll stop being poor again soon haha

rAAVE will be available in 52 hours and counting down, not for the beginner and not sure if this project is worth a risk but for those that like to be in early here is some info

https://raave.io/

Curious what you guys use to trade crypto? I currently only have the Blockchain app for direct currency, as well as a good chunk in GBTC in a brokerage account. There are only a few crypto options in Blockchain app, so what do you recommend to dabble in all these others?

Curious what you guys use to trade crypto? I currently only have the Blockchain app for direct currency, as well as a good chunk in GBTC in a brokerage account. There are only a few crypto options in Blockchain app, so what do you recommend to dabble in all these others?
Metamask for the wallet, uniswap and FTX for actual swapping/trading.

Going to be a learning process, but most of these we are talking about are tokens that are overlaid on the Ethereum blockchain.

So you will need to purchase ETH, and then we are using decentralized exchanges often like SUSHI/UNISWAP if you are in the USA.

FTX was mentioned, but other alt exchanges are generally Bittrex and Binance, Coingecko/Coinmarketcap will show you which markets exists.

So i am no finical advisor and not connected to any of these exchanges so this is just my opinion
i dont know your crypto knowledge so forgive me if some info is basic

First of all, i have never found any exchange with a half decent customer support, they all suck
second only leave crypto on exchanges if your actively trading never use them as storage

if you have trusted friends and have your own wallets you can send coins and cash to each other and swap in that manner for example earlier this week i sent my bud some bitcoin directly to his bitcoin wallet as he sent me equal value ethereum to my ethereum wallet yes this option isnt for most

So 5 exchanges i would look into to see if they meet my needs

Binance basically for non US customers but there are ways US cumstomers can use them

Coinbase and coinbase pro... US customers allowed (i believe Hawaii is still excluded) ... fees suck probably easiest to use

Uniswap... now this is for Ethereum and ERC20 tokens only, no country restrictions, no fees but you do pay gas prices and they are sky rocketing right now, not an onramp or off ramp system (meaning you cant use cash to buy any coins)

Kraken low fees seems to be a fan favorite

Now i will say cryptopia was one of my favorites (they got hacked and shut down now and now waiting for assets to be returned) so hopefully others will chime in with the 5 i suggested

Last edited:
so Monero (XMR) never gets any hype and price is not expected to go to the moon... What are you thoughts on why this is?

Usability with marginal anonymous benefit. I hold some XMR as a long term hold.

i assume you joined the telgram group?
I think many people had the same issues and if you look at Growth Defi they dropped 40%

i assume you joined the telgram group?
I think many people had the same issues and if you look at Growth Defi they dropped 40%
Yes, i did and i was pretty vocal about how shitty the whole launch was.
yes i saw the GRO price drop as well. Considering buyin some now :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I actually retreated all into ETH/BTC/USDC thursday with the minidip across the board, I swapped all my positions to yield farming from stables now, pretty much starting over my gambling stack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom