Ethereum crash coming (1 Viewer)

to be honest i could only see BTC doubling up while Ethereum could triple or quadruple.

the eth 2.0 is the big question mark it could be savior or a bump in the road. i think the verifcators are risking much and not being fairly rewarded but that is the same thing that happened to miners towards the end and people are still ordering $7000 asic miners.:cry:

to be honest i could only see BTC doubling up while Ethereum could triple or quadruple.

the eth 2.0 is the big question mark it could be savior or a bump in the road. i think the verifcators are risking much and not being fairly rewarded but that is the same thing that happened to miners towards the end and people are still ordering $7000 asic miners.:cry:
I think BTC will more than double by sept
Yes ETH will easily be 5K without some massive crash FUD causer

I am heavily invested in ETH right now and don't own any BTC because every day I balk at the price. Interested to hear more about ETH 2.0 and how you think that will effect the ETH price. I was investing in ETH hoping to ride on the coat tails of bitcoins success over the coming years.

you shouldnt listen to anything i say, that would be the best advice, I honestly dont know anything.. I just started mining because i had a 3080 and knew they can hash out a good number. When i looked at the numbers, i spent $4k cnd on 4x3070s of craiglist. im making about $1000-1200 USD/month right now so my break even will be in 3 months.. my plan is to sell the card to gamers if i want out and keep the ETH.

so yeah i really have no clue. I do have a big case of FOMO and telling people if you have the money, its a good time to invest.. big things can happen with ETH and if you put in $5k today sure its a lot of money.. but i think its one of those things that can seriously take off.

just look at all the news feeds about X company getting into crypto, Tsla, theres been a few recently doing the same with ETH..

there is just so much potential.

start looking for an alternative coin to mine, pretty soon eth will go from proof of work to proof of stake. that is some serious hash rate if your puling 1k a month that means your earning half an ether a month. Be careful with the selling back theory, when you decide to do so so will many miners. Hey I built a 6 and 12 gpu rig, i earned eth but as they kept cutting back rewards i moved on to others. watch your current draw here in the US we pay 0.14 a kwh but if you exceed a certain usage your rate increases

start looking for an alternative coin to mine, pretty soon eth will go from proof of work to proof of stake. that is some serious hash rate if your puling 1k a month that means your earning half an ether a month. Be careful with the selling back theory, when you decide to do so so will many miners. Hey I built a 6 and 12 gpu rig, i earned eth but as they kept cutting back rewards i moved on to others. watch your current draw here in the US we pay 0.14 a kwh but if you exceed a certain usage your rate increases

I've started "doing things" (interact with contracts, swaps, etc) with ETH, so I've become a bit more familiar with how gas works. Prices seem to be insane right now - does that go directly to the miners? People seem to say that 2.0 will help gas prices, does that mean the miners get directly affected?

@waddadonk
Well miners were always directly effected every time they cut the rewards in half. When Ethereum had a low price during the last "bear market" and rewards were the lowest ever (thank you ether voting community for not realizing the miner's value) it did get to a point that a miner was loosing money mostly due to electricity costs but if some of your equipment needed replaced, that was an extra big hit (miners demand for GPUs drove prices to the moon) . But of course miners are now reaping the rewards when their coins are now 10x in value.

That is why China become such a powerhouse in mining the crypto market, electricity costs are low, government support, equipment manufactured in country.
One might even say that this was a major signal the west was loosing in the technology front. Another signal AI, and i can go on and on.

The miners do get the gas price, but not all of it. Most miners join mining pools where the rewards are shared and you know the house always makes money on the rake.( a little poker humor) The gas prices are high and i do agree ridiculously high; but its due to the heavy congestion on the network. However the rewards have not gone up for miners. So you prove a block is valid and you get some gas money, but in the early days you were also able to find fresh ether in the blocks. Imagine if you did a block and found 3 ether coins; bust out the Macallan...woohoo. Dam i miss those days.

In the defense of the Ethereum community, it was always planned that it would start off as a Proof of work and migrate over to proof of stake (Eth 2.0). The debate really is over if the current plan for ETH 2.0, is the right one? Are the validators being looked at as part of the team or is it like most business where engineering is looked at as a cost. Few Issues that bothers me about ETH 2.0 is the amount they require for you to stake (32 eth or currently $64000). Validator will be punished if you are offline or not validating; doesn't matter if your in Texas and there is no power, or your ISP fails due to a hurricane. OMG please dont get hacked, thats all on you. Then the mafia\street gang mentality once your in you cant get out well at least until phase 2. Then they have the right to change all hardware\system requirements on phase 2 and we are not sure when they will know and share the information. This seems like a catch 22; if its working really well then we can price out the little guys by making changes they can not possible keep up with. It just seems as it is more stick then carrot for worker bees, if you build a plan where all enjoy the profits people will be running machines 24\7. You know the carrot and the stick term, well it seems like a lot more stick than carrot.

I hope i answered the question, drinking and forums bad combo :wtf:

I've started "doing things" (interact with contracts, swaps, etc) with ETH, so I've become a bit more familiar with how gas works. Prices seem to be insane right now - does that go directly to the miners? People seem to say that 2.0 will help gas prices, does that mean the miners get directly affected?
there will be no miners in 2.0

gas is high for the tokens, just moving ETH isnt that high, but still i checked today to move $550 worth and $1 worth of ETH to my other wallet and it was $4.70.. since its secure right now, ill just leave it be.. when it reaches a few grand ill move it.

Maybe this has been answered already, but can someone tell me why people are willing to pay those insane fees? If i want high fee payments I might as well just use paypal, right? I thought one of the ideas with crypto was to make international transactions cheap/free/available...

Maybe this has been answered already, but can someone tell me why people are willing to pay those insane fees? If i want high fee payments I might as well just use paypal, right? I thought one of the ideas with crypto was to make international transactions cheap/free/available...
To make $$$. If it is still profitable, ie i really want a specific token because i believe shortterm it swinging 20% is worth more than whatever fees I am paying right? There is no good way other than directly through ETH DeFi for many of these opportunities. $100 is peanuts if im looking to make 5 figures in interest.

Simply put, fees are fixed costs while a lot of these Transactions scale multiplicatively in value. If your principle is large enough, you don't care as much. This is also why people use yield farming services where it executes a strategy with pooled funds of thousands of individuals, then the amounts are so large gas fee is negligible.

well thats the point of decentralization ..yes there are fees but instead of paypal solely getting and controlling the fees, here the fees are divided up among those paying for electricity and equipment to run the network. if you notice the fees fluctuate but are having a falling trend. Very simple fewer miners when price was low, miners switch to other coins to mine ie etc, monero, raven, and many others. Then a crypto bull run starts and the network is congested and some people choose higher gas fees to get their transaction through fast. Now the miners start redirecting their miners towards the eth network and gas prices start dropping. Simple law of supply and demand.

a little oof track here but talkign about raven: go raven go

i was mining this before it even had value. so one can look at it as i was investing in the coin theory (actually supporting MIT engineer who came up with it). I was rewarded with buckets of zero value coins, as the coin moves through its evolution and gets valuated now my worthless buckets start sprouting value

All i can say is thank you Satoshi Nakamoto wherever you are and who ever you are!!!:cool:ninja:
one day on mars when the kids are in school learning from their Artificial Intelligence teacher (hopefully it wont be called HAL); they will hear your name along side Galileo Galilei, Isaac Newton and Albert Einsteen

Last edited:
Woke up to a pretty large loss since my purchase last week....... :(
Oh well....

Yeah this is my logic. I think bitcoin going to 100k will happen this year but its a longer path to get there. It seems pretty easy for ETH to hit 10k sometime in the next few months even.

I wish I waited to buy. If I had liquidity I would still be buying more ETH. Anyone on the fence jump in! The water is great!

Yeahhhh everything was down this morning, tried to find out what it was. Was it tech stocks dropping and then people saying that Tesla is linked to Bitcoin or something but a down day for most. It'll go back up. I think ETH has so much potential behind it and it's only going to grow from here

As I’ve said before I know little about all of it but have been watching their movement the last few days. Why do they all seem to follow the same line? It’s not like one drops and the rest follow suit, seems to be simultaneous. Just curious as to why

1D9BF92A-4168-466A-8C51-EE199434C167.jpeg

You guys are a bad influence. I bought 1ETH for a laugh. It's my Porsche bet - if it goes to 100k, I'm selling and buying a 911.
That sounds like a great idea! I should probably bump my investment into it as well and just pray someone like that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom