Escrow (1 Viewer)

the3impossibles

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Good day fellow PCF members. How does escrow work? Any downsides? I’m asking because I have been private messaging a person about 100 $100 denom chips and we could not come to an agreements about payment method. Fast forever a few days, seller suggests an escrow to a trusted member. The seller would pay the GS fee and shipping and the trusted member will ship the chips. Thank you PCF community.

true escrow would be trusted member receives $ ppff. seller sends chips to purchaser after trusted member confirms receipt of payment. purchaser upon receipt of chips confirms chips are as described. trusted member releases funds to seller. in the event the purchaser didnt get what they paid for they then need to return chips to seller. seller confirms return of chips and trusted member returns $ back to purchaser.

the issue is G&S with untrusted purchasers as they could claim some BS and stiff the seller for the chips and the $.

true escrow would be trusted member receives $ ppff. seller sends chips to purchaser after trusted member confirms receipt of payment. purchaser upon receipt of chips confirms chips are as described. trusted member releases funds to seller. in the event the purchaser didnt get what they paid for they then need to return chips to seller. seller confirms return of chips and trusted member returns $ back to purchaser.

the issue is G&S with untrusted purchasers as they could claim some BS and stiff the seller for the chips and the $.
Seller declined to released trusted member name beforehand. So no preparation on my part such as DMing trusted member.

This sounds strange, I personally would probably not do a deal this way.

Has the seller been on PCF for a while?
Does the seller engage in conversation and post regularly on PCF?
Does the seller have feedback ratings on PCF?
Has the seller provided a time stamped photo with his/her username and the chips?

This sounds strange, I personally would probably not do a deal this way.

Has the seller been on PCF for a while?
Does the seller engage in conversation and post regularly on PCF?
Does the seller have feedback ratings on PCF?
Has the seller provided a time stamped photo with his/her username and the chips?
Since 2001
From what I can tell only for sale.
No feedback rating (which originally gives/gave pause)
Seller has no picture even thou one of the thread asked the seller for one.

Who was the seller? sounds a little bit dodge tbh.
Is it proper etiquette to release name? New to forum and don’t want to make enemies or break rules.

Since 2001

Is it proper etiquette to release name? New to forum and don’t want to make enemies or break rules.
In this case I think it’s fine to say the name of the seller.

It’s a big red flag. Seller won’t accommodate reasonable requests, I’d move on. If he’s a dick about this already he’s going to be much worse if there are problems later.

It’s a big red flag. Seller won’t accommodate reasonable requests, I’d move on. If he’s a dick about this already he’s going to be much worse if there are problems later.
Agree it’s a red flag. Seller is hesitant and I’m a newbie with no real knowledge of how these transactions go. Did have bad experience with PayPal years ago. I won’t go as far to say seller is being a . I think.

Hey this seller is now responsible for several deals I and others consider weird/shady, you've been warned man. We cant control what other adults too but you asked for input and got it. This is very suspicious.

Seller declined to released trusted member name beforehand. So no preparation on my part such as DMing trusted member.
1706372171849.gif

I don't know if he/she is shady or not in reality, but what I can say is that I do recall previously seeing his/her sales posts and my first impression was that something was a bit off. Not saying it is, but that was my first impression for whatever it’s worth.

Last edited:
Since 2001

PCF isn't 22 years old, why do you think he's been on the site that long?

Plenty of red flags here.

It sounds like it might be a situation where both parties are new and have no standing in the community or feedback rating to rely on to instill confidence in the transaction. As you engage in the community and kind of get a feel for the etiquette and social norms around here, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've probably transacted between 75-100 times on PCF and have never had a problem. If someone was new or lacked a feedback rating, I would simply ask them to complete their end of the deal before paying or shipping.

When he suggested a 3rd party escrow, he may not have anyone specific in mind. In this set of circumstances, I'd suggest finding a mutually acceptable reputable member to receive the funds. There are literally at least 100 people here who would probably be willing and trustworthy. Once acknowledged, the seller could ship and when you receive the chips, you could direct the 3rd party to release the funds.

You could also do it where the 3rd party receives the package, but in that case the chips would need to be shipped twice - which creates more work for the 3rd party and more moving parts in the transaction to where something could go wrong.

AAACK! He's even worse!

Heh, j/k (or am I?)
Yikes. Got me going with that first sentence. Hope my first experience thru the forum is a pleasant one without surprises. Abit nervous about the whole process. The feedback really helps. Hope everyone who buys and sells uses honest feedback to keep system working perfectly. I know I will to help others in the forum.

Thank you PCF community. Buying same denom chips from @CacheCreekCollector. Payment sent. Anxiously waiting for shipment. Can’t wait to play with them in my home game.
Packed & ready for shipment. Gonna try to make it to the post office later today @the3impossibles, otherwise these will ship out Tues morning.
Thanks for ur patience and welcome to The Rabbit Hole.
Harbor Lights x 5 barrels.jpg Harbor Lights x 100 plastic rack.jpg Harbor Lights USPS package.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom