PCF Community (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggantt

Two Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the community could be uninviting to new members and/or change? Ex.) a rack of chips are poste for "x" price and said seller can be mocked for their proposed price or "PCF has changed". Has anyone experienced this if so, please share your experiences.

It's simply a buyer's market right now. Lots of people were sitting at home with loaded bank accounts the last 2 years and now that dispoable income is being spent elsewhere, there aren't as many buyers for clay disks.

F*^% off, noob

Kidding, kidding. As newbies, we all got a little heckled when we inevitably listed things for over market value or "flipped" chips. With time, you grow a little thicker skin and realize it's a pretty tight knit (nit?) group, at least from the members that have been around for a few years+ There are probably 3-4x as many members as when I joined, and inevitably with size, the closeness diminishes and the drama over sales practices increase. That said, I've made some of my closest IRL friends on here, as well as some other friends from across the country, and there really are some great people here. Your cards may vary however.

It's simply a buyer's market right now. Lots of people were sitting at home with loaded bank accounts the last 2 years and now that dispoable income is being spent elsewhere, there aren't as many buyers for clay disks.
Understood, so based on what you said, do you think just because members don't have the money to spend on clay disks that its appropriate for them to unwelcome new members or change by their useless responses. Wouldn't that be a disservice to the community's. Would that suggest that maybe its time for them to retire? Based on your response in my opinion I don't think that is a good representation of this community and confirms what I thought.

When a new member comes in with mint desirable chips and asks for a premium it rubs people off the wrong way.

Is that fair? Probably not.

But it’s high treason here.

I’ve seen new members handle it well and others not.

But for the most part, PCF members and hobbyists don’t want to see the site purely used as a classified site.

Last edited:
F*^% off, noob

Kidding, kidding. As newbies, we all got a little heckled when we inevitably listed things for over market value or "flipped" chips. With time, you grow a little thicker skin and realize it's a pretty tight knit (nit?) group, at least from the members that have been around for a few years+ There are probably 3-4x as many members as when I joined, and inevitably with size, the closeness diminishes and the drama over sales practices increase. That said, I've made some of my closest IRL friends on here, as well as some other friends from across the country, and there really are some great people here. Your cards may vary however.
understood but I could be wrong but in my opinion i feel like the "tight-knight group" gangs up on the newbies, especially when things may appear to be "over market" as you suggested. The forum will not be sustainable unless the old-timers that appear to have market understanding accept and embrace new members. This should be a free market and act as one. Not try to belittle someone because the feel a little "annoyed" thats childish. They will either have to adapt or retire!

Understood, so based on what you said, do you think just because members don't have the money to spend on clay disks that its appropriate for them to unwelcome new members or change by their useless responses. Wouldn't that be a disservice to the community's. Would that suggest that maybe its time for them to retire? Based on your response in my opinion I don't think that is a good representation of this community and confirms what I thought.
I'm not exactly sure as to what you're referring to specifically, but "thread crapping" by questioning the price of someone's listing is against TOS here. Some people have bugs up their asses and/or yell at clouds. No one's going to change that. Roll with it or put them on ignore and go about your day :)

When a new member comes in with mint desirable chips and asks for a premium it rubs people off the wrong way.

Is that fair? Probably not.

But it’s high treason here.

I’ve seen new members handle it well and others not.

But for the most part, PCF members and hobbyist want to see the site purely as a classified site.
yeah but the same "new member" you refer me as is also the same member that purchased your 700 WTHC set. I don't think it is wise to push buyers and sellers away just because were new and prices are high. My price will only go higher...

yeah but the same "new member" you refer me as is also the same member that purchased your 700 WTHC set. I don't think it is wise to push buyers and sellers away just because were new and prices are high. My price will only go higher...
Yeah…again is it fair? Probably not.

Did you handle it well? Yeah, I think great.

Was my WTHC set priced right at fair market value? Yes.

Were your fracs at market value? When there’s 1-2 racks available lol Not the motherload. To sell that many racks at a premium price should be done via PM as a NAGB so then it can be blessed upon by the Old Guard.

Just answering your OP. And “new” maybe should be “not as active”.

1698206253181.gif

Yeah…again is it fair? Probably not.

Did you handle it well? Yeah, I think great.

Was my WTHC set priced right at fair market value? Yes.

Just answering your OP. And “new” maybe should be “not as active”.
Gotcha thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Hope you don't mind some directness.

Whoever prices live racks just below the price of flying cross-country to get a single rack is going to get pushback.

Some of the negative feedback is against the rules. Report, and a mod will make it disappear.
Some of the negative feedback is well within the rules. That's just life on the Internet.

My price will only go higher...
This only works if there's a lot of demand at your current price.

Last edited:

Whoever prices live racks just below the price of flying cross-country to a single rack is going to get pushback.

Some of the negative feedback is against the rules. Report, and a mod will make it disappear.
Some of the negative feedback is well within the rules. That's just life on the Internet.

I’m saying my price goes higher for those who talk shit. Prices stay the same if not lower for those who show respect

understood but I could be wrong but in my opinion i feel like the "tight-knight group" gangs up on the newbies, especially when things may appear to be "over market" as you suggested. The forum will not be sustainable unless the old-timers that appear to have market understanding accept and embrace new members. This should be a free market and act as one. Not try to belittle someone because the feel a little "annoyed" thats childish. They will either have to adapt or retire!
I think you are confusing two different things. Someone getting pushback for listing chips at some perceived "over market" price would happen whether they are a newbie or not. I don't think being new has anything to do with it.

Whoever prices live racks just below the price of flying cross-country to a single rack is going to get pushback.

There’s more to finding mints than just flying cross country. I already squared that up with an old timer here who lives in Florida. He proposed he would sell me hard rock Hollywood $2 mint chips for $400-500/rack because he lived nearby. I agreed that I would buy every single one, of course he’s MIA.

I think you are confusing two different things. Someone getting pushback for listing chips at some perceived "over market" price would happen whether they are a newbie or not. I don't think being new has anything to do with it.
Only a “old-timer” would know what “over-market” is. As far as I’m concerned as it relates to $0.25 fracs I am the market.

Only a “old-timer” would know what “over-market” is. As far as I’m concerned as it relates to $0.25 fracs I am the market.
I'm not here to argue with you. You asked for opinions and I gave one. Re-read the opening sentence of your first post here. I don't think this community is even a little bit "uninviting to new members..." Any feelings of being uninvited are due to actions, not being new.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the community could be uninviting to new members and/or change? Ex.) a rack of chips are poste for "x" price and said seller can be mocked for their proposed price or "PCF has changed". Has anyone experienced this if so, please share your experiences.
What is the "change" you are wanting to initiate at PCF?

This is the most welcoming community I have joined in a long, long time. People don't take kind to new users who are just trying to sell, especially if it looks like they're trying to fleece others. eBay is the spot for that behavior where people are more likely to be taken advantage of. I'm happy to be part of a group that is willing to call out shenanigans.

I see people offering assistance with the price someone has set, I don't think its uninviting to educate someone with hard truths.

I try to ensure new members are greeted and offer as much as I think they can digest. If someone posts and are out of line, the community helping them with it or letting them know can often seem rude, often times its not, sometimes it is.

I don't think the old timers need to change, they can live in the past and or perhaps new members will get on board ... or they won't ;) It'll work itself out.

This is the most welcoming community I have joined in a long, long time. People don't take kind to new users who are just trying to sell, especially if it looks like they're trying to fleece others. eBay is the spot for that behavior where people are more likely to be taken advantage of. I'm happy to be part of a group that is willing to call out shenanigans.
I see people offering assistance with the price someone has set, I don't think its uninviting to educate someone with hard truths.

I try to ensure new members are greeted and offer as much as I think they can digest. If someone posts and are out of line, the community helping them with it or letting them know can often seem rude, often times its not, sometimes it is.

I don't think the old timers need to change, they can live in the past and or perhaps new members will get on board ... or they won't ;) It'll work itself out.
Thread crapping isn’t assistance. It provides the seller or the buying market zero value.

who said I wanted to change anything? I’m just here to help the community find chips they couldn’t otherwise
You mention in your OP that it seems like PCF community is uninviting to new members and/or change. It's your first sentence of your OP.

It sounds like you are experiencing being uninvited as a new member and uninvited for changes you want to try to initiate. My mistake if I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom